• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Victims Of Anti-Sikh Riots Ransack Jalandhar Congress Office (Calcutta News)

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
sadly this sort of behavior is getting so common...not long ago...the Offices of the Rozana spokesman were also ransacked like this...and i believe by the same "backers",Not a single person was chraged...clear as day they have political backing:}--}:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
kds ji

I know I do not live in India and therefore cannot be considered well-informed on these matters. :) But is it not possible that the ransacking was by goons paid by opposing political parties, and not by victims.

"A group of protesters claiming to be victims of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots Saturday ransacked the main office of the Congress in this Punjab city."

It happens everywhere in the world. Victims in this very tense and upsetting time, following a completely corrupt decision, make a easy way out. Punish your enemy and everyone will think it is the victims who carried through. That is one method learned in Political Strategy 101. No?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Whether It is by goons or by opposition parties It does not matter.The main thing is the more this issue will be in Media the more people will know about it and know what happened with the sikhs in 1984.So it will put indirect pressure in congress to throw the culprits.

Anotonia ji

The Indian media is highly biased towards congress.The issue of Gujarat riots was so much raised by Indian media while not even 10% weightage of that was given to 84 riots.No heart rending stories of victims were shown on TV and that too by some of the award winning journalists of India.The 84 riots were much more brutal and were a type of massacre.I don't understand what makes Indian media diffrentiate between them apart from the fact that showing stories of 84 victims will harm relations of journalists and channels with congress party.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
These are some good questions and issues kds ji. It could be that we in the US actually get more press coverage. I don't know why. At one time we didn't get any at all. Use of violence to get media coverage is however extreme. When it becomes a strategic tool, then a cycle of events unfolds, and there are more innocent victims.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
There are "agendas"..and there are "AGENDAS"...no one is exempt. The Indian Press..the Indian Politicians...the Indian Judiciary...all have their own agendas...even the CNN..the BBC..the NY Times..the Guardian..the Al Jazeerah..the Arabs..the Palestinians..the Israelis..

Just look at the highly emotionalized Air India Disaster..the Kanshika bombing. The Canadian Police went through this with a fine toothed comb..and the Canadian Judiciary ACQUITTED the alleged criminals.
BUT have those who have an "AGENDA" to lay the blame at the SIKH DOOR given up ? NO..they continue their campaign...insinuations..innuendos..press articles....speeches at political campaigns..even the annual Vasakhi Parades etc..AS IF the COURTS DECISION means NOTHING...until those they see as "guilty" are HANGED. They continue to highlight the "victims"..the relatives of those who died in the aircrash..year ina nd year out and reminders about the disater..singhs were bombers etc etc...CASE OPEN..TILL.....THEY GET WHAT THEY WANT...

THESE very same people however...have TOTAL and unshakable FAITH in the fairness of the Indian CBI/Indian COURTS....now the shoe is on the other foot !! These same people now INSIST that the Court's/the CBI deciison is fair and should be respected..Innocence has been Proven blah blah blah..
AND YES they would like a complete BLANKET on any so called "victim" ever saying another word..Case CLOSED.

To me as an outsider..the Canadian Juduciary/police is MORE TRUSTWORTHY....any time.:D

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM