• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Upon What Authority?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a muslim

Banned
Jul 4, 2006
Peace

Is there any reason for me to be a Sikh rather than any other religion? If so then Sikh's believe that their reason is greater than other reasons. If this be the case, then they must have authority, the right to do so. We may see more clearly through analogies drawn from other religious traditions, for the muslims, they hold The Word of God, they have amongst themselves God's most beloved as their teacher and guide to God. the christians hold their scripture as God's Word, and believe in God reaching them through Jesus. Both have their signs, in all their forms, literary, mystical, miraculous, intellectual, complete and completing professing validity from The Creator.

my question is, what do the Sikhs have as signs to show that they are on the truth?

or, the same matter from a different perspective:

what is the sikh faith built upon?

the question is genuine and i wish to gain an insight into your views, if you come in the same manner then the following suggestions will make sense:

that we stick to this question in this thread, any other questions should be started in new threads.

sticking to the matter means not attacking the individuals taking part,

peace

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Truth is that you are using multiple ids. dear a muslim aka Questioner :}8-: and i am going to ban you for this contempt. :{;o:

Questioner

Banned
May 15, 2009
He used my computer actually. I think u're being very unfair as i am currently having a discussion to which i haven't recieved an answer. Would appreciate it if u left us on as we have not violated any rules.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Questioner, we have the authority of "insaniyat" or humanity, which the faiths you specifically mentioned in your original post have often divested themselves of when dealing wih people of other faiths and cultures. Look at the Islamic invasions of many nations and forced conversions and general intolerence of nonbelievers. Look at the empire building of Europeans under the guise of Christianity and countless deaths and displacement it has caused.

Whatever anyone of any faith says, one things stands true, something devoid of the characteristic of humanity, cannot claim to be representative of a righteous God. This stands true for the times when Sikhs too have transgressed.

You ask about our foundations: Amongst them are sharing with others (vand ke shakna), working hard (kirat dee kimae) and having a positive attitude at all times (chardhi kala). You can see how our foundations have created a strong, outward looking community which has fearlessly resisted and defeated infinitely more powerful forces and held their ground in all sorts of flux.

Our authority is from Guru Gobind Singh ji, the true model of a saint soldier of God. As long as God dispenses his benediction, we will remain blessed. Should God test us, we will try to stand firm and resolute and accept divine will.

PS - If you are a Muslim who has come to do "dawah" step into the light and do so in the open and not from dark corners.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa - To God does the Khalsa belong
Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh - Victory belongs to God

Hope this helps.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Questioner,

You may think that you are breaking some new ground here. But believe you me, this is not the first, nor I imagine the last time a Muslim will come onto a Sikh site and feign interest iunder the guise of inter-religious dialogue for some twisted purpose of their own.

Personally speaking I am not remotely interested in Islam and am quite content in my own faith. You should maybe take a leaf.......

Besides I have responded to your questions openly and honestly in this and the other thread. If you really are interested in Sikhism you can try to refer to the many publications that cover the subject. We have a book review section on this site that may guide you.

But if this is a cheap, low IQed attempt at dawa, do yourself and everyone else a favour and find more constructive things to do with your time than trying to nit pick other people's faith. In Panjabi they say....sweep the dirt under your own bed before you talk about anyone elses. I also find it strange that you decide to up and leave this thread seeing as you started it..........hmmmm....

a muslim

Banned
Jul 4, 2006
dalsingh, its nice to see you replying to the original post, albeit directed at the wrong person.

the relevent parts in your reply were the following:

1) we have the authority of "insaniyat" or humanity

2) You ask about our foundations: Amongst them are sharing with others (vand ke shakna), working hard (kirat dee kimae) and having a positive attitude at all times (chardhi kala).

3) Our authority is from Guru Gobind Singh ji, the true model of a saint soldier of God. As long as God dispenses his benediction, we will remain blessed. Should God test us, we will try to stand firm and resolute and accept divine will.

concerning point 1), so the one wih the most insaniyat has the most authority. how can one see how much insaniyat is in a person? his insaniyatness, if you will. what is the yardstick by which we may see that one person has more insaniyat than another? and how do you know that insaniyatness is the foundation of authority?

concerning point 2) working hard, sharing and being positive are not inherently good for they are too vague. a drug dealer can have all those characteristics. i suspect you didn't mean it as straight forward as that because i know sikhs have a moral code. so im guessing you meant your foundation is doing those things for good reasons.

concerning point 3) do you believe that guru gobind singh was the most realised, connected to God individual that has ever been created? how would you go about convincing a non sikh that this is the case?

id rather you answer one question fully than pay lip service to all of them.

peace

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Questioner,

You may think that you are breaking some new ground here. But believe you me, this is not the first, nor I imagine the last time a Muslim will come onto a Sikh site and feign interest iunder the guise of inter-religious dialogue for some twisted purpose of their own.

Personally speaking I am not remotely interested in Islam and am quite content in my own faith. You should maybe take a leaf.......

Besides I have responded to your questions openly and honestly in this and the other thread. If you really are interested in Sikhism you can try to refer to the many publications that cover the subject. We have a book review section on this site that may guide you.

But if this is a cheap, low IQed attempt at dawa, do yourself and everyone else a favour and find more constructive things to do with your time than trying to nit pick other people's faith. In Panjabi they say....sweep the dirt under your own bed before you talk about anyone elses. I also find it strange that you decide to up and leave this thread seeing as you started it..........hmmmm....

Well said Dalsingh Ji

As a Sikh I never felt to go on Muslim site, never. Why? I have no interest in Islam or the sites run by them but these guys are coming again an
d again on this site, as you have put," the guise of inter-religious dialogue" Picture is clear.
Thanks

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
dalsingh, its nice to see you replying to the original post, albeit directed at the wrong person.

the relevent parts in your reply were the following:

1) we have the authority of "insaniyat" or humanity

2) You ask about our foundations: Amongst them are sharing with others (vand ke shakna), working hard (kirat dee kimae) and having a positive attitude at all times (chardhi kala).

3) Our authority is from Guru Gobind Singh ji, the true model of a saint soldier of God. As long as God dispenses his benediction, we will remain blessed. Should God test us, we will try to stand firm and resolute and accept divine will.

concerning point 1), so the one wih the most insaniyat has the most authority. how can one see how much insaniyat is in a person? his insaniyatness, if you will. what is the yardstick by which we may see that one person has more insaniyat than another? and how do you know that insaniyatness is the foundation of authority?

concerning point 2) working hard, sharing and being positive are not inherently good for they are too vague. a drug dealer can have all those characteristics. i suspect you didn't mean it as straight forward as that because i know sikhs have a moral code. so im guessing you meant your foundation is doing those things for good reasons.

concerning point 3) do you believe that guru gobind singh was the most realised, connected to God individual that has ever been created? how would you go about convincing a non sikh that this is the case?

id rather you answer one question fully than pay lip service to all of them.

peace

Why do you care?

If you are a Muslim and believe, stick to it.

The rest of you guys, this is typical. Don't waste your time on it. I grew up around people like this, their tactics are boring for me now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
A number of posts have been deleted because they are off topic and quarrlesome. The thread is also moved to Interfaith Dialogs. aa0002

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: