• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Unlocking The House Of The Almighty

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Unlocking the house of the Almighty

If we try to visualize the Almighty expressed in Mool Mantra, it is not possible. That is why in Gurbani, He is expressed in both of his forms as Nirgun and Sargun.(SGGS 1020) Regardless His being infinite, He is shown by the true Guru as per Gurbani. Now just look at the following Guru Vaakas and see how it is stressed that He is shown but through the true Guru. Following Guru Vaakas are verification of the above said fact about the power of true Guru to show Him

ਜਹ ਦੇਖਾ ਤਹ ਏਕੁ ਤੂੰਸਤਿਗੁਰਿਦੀਆ ਦਿਖਾਇ ॥[/FONT](SGGS 55)[/FONT]
Jah ḏ[/FONT]ekẖ[/FONT]ā ṯ[/FONT]ah ek ṯ[/FONT]ūʼn saṯ[/FONT]gur ḏ[/FONT]ī▫ā ḏ[/FONT]ikẖ[/FONT]ā▫e.

Wherever I see, I see you alone! The True Guru has caused me to behold you.
ਸੁਰਿ ਨਰ ਮੁਨਿ ਜਨ ਲੋਚਦੇ ਸੋਸਤਿਗੁਰਿਦੀਆ ਬੁਝਾਇ ਜੀਉ ॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT](72)[/FONT]

Sur nar mun jan locẖḏ[/FONT]e so saṯ[/FONT]gur ḏ[/FONT]ī▫ā bujẖ[/FONT]ā▫e jī▫o. ||4||
The True Guru has caused me to understand Him whom the angelic men silent sages crave for.
ਨਾਨਕਸਤਿਗੁਰਿਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਦਿਖਾਇਆ ॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT]੨੦॥[/FONT](SGGS355)[/FONT]
Nānak saṯ[/FONT]gur barahm ḏ[/FONT]ikẖ[/FONT]ā▫i▫ā. ||5||20||
O Nanak says that True Guru has shown him the Ikk Onkar. ||5||20||
So it is Guru who knows Him and can show us, here we must understand how Guru shows, it is indicated in the first Vaak, but lets look at others too.[/FONT]

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਹੈ ਪੂਰੈਸਤਿਗੁਰਿਦੀਆ ਦਿਖਾਈ ॥[/FONT]॥ [/FONT]ਰਹਾਉ ॥[/FONT](SGGS425)
Anṯ[/FONT]ar nām niḏẖ[/FONT]ān hai pūrai saṯ[/FONT]gur ḏ[/FONT]ī▫ā ḏ[/FONT]ikẖ[/FONT]ā▫ī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
The Perfect True Guru has shown me that Naam Treasure is within||1||Pause||

ਏਕ ਮਹਿ ਸਰਬ ਸਰਬ ਮਹਿ ਏਕਾ ਏਹਸਤਿਗੁਰਿਦੇਖਿ ਦਿਖਾਈ ॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT](907)[/FONT]
Ėk mėh sarab sarab mėh ekā eh saṯ[/FONT]gur ḏ[/FONT]ekẖ[/FONT]ḏ[/FONT]ikẖ[/FONT]ā▫ī. ||5||
All are in the One, and the One is in all. This is what the True Guru has shown me. ||5||
ਪਿਰੁ ਨਜੀਕਿ ਨ ਬੂਝੈ ਬਪੁੜੀਸਤਿਗੁਰਿਦੀਆ ਦਿਖਾਈ ॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT](SGGS1274)
Pir najīk na būjẖ[/FONT]ai bapuṛ[/FONT]ī saṯ[/FONT]gur ḏ[/FONT]ī▫ā ḏ[/FONT]ikẖ[/FONT]ā▫ī. ||8||
Her Husband Lord is nearby, but the poor thing does not know Him. The True Guru reveals Him to her. ||8||

Just ponder over what is being said in above Guru Vakaas. The Creator is felt and met within through True Guru. Sikhs have Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, lets learn from our Guru more about Him. Go on SGG S877, Guru Guides towards Him, to unlock the locks on the doors we ourselves have installed behind Him, totally it depends on us if really we are willing to unlock those doors; Guru’s blessings are on us. Guru clarifies the reason why we are locked out, causes of this separation and how to overcome all this are given in detail, if we learn this fact but do not do any effort (Gur Seva) to tread on the Guru shown path, we haven’t met Guru. I have heard and read many people saying “He is with us”, question still remains then why still we crave for praise, lose temper, show greed and keep chasing the temptations as they come by? Guru says so (That He is with us “ Pir Sang muthareeai, khabr na paeea jio” M-1, SGGS689) but points out the reason how we are separated from Him even if His presence is right there within. Now let’s dump all knowledge we have about Him and listen to Guru.[/FONT]

ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਮਹਲਾ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]ਜਿਤੁ ਦਰਿ ਵਸਹਿ ਕਵਨੁ ਦਰੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਦਰਾ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਦਰੁ ਕਵਨੁ ਲਹੈ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]ਜਿਸੁ ਦਰ ਕਾਰਣਿ ਫਿਰਾ ਉਦਾਸੀ ਸੋ ਦਰੁ ਕੋਈ ਆਇ ਕਹੈ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT] (SGGS877)
Rāmkalī mėhlā 1.[/FONT] Jiṯ ḏar vasėh kavan ḏar kahī▫ai ḏarā bẖīṯar ḏar kavan lahai.[/FONT] Jis ḏar kāraṇ firā uḏāsī so ḏar ko▫ī ā▫e kahai. ||1||[/FONT]
Raag Ramkli, Bani of First Nanak
In Essence: Where is the place Waheguru resides, who can find that place? To see that place I am turned sadly (in pain of separation), is there any one who can tell me about that?
Now look at the goal? The mind is being sadly for Him, in that state of mind, longing to meet Him is at its peak. Above stated questions are answered, just stay on the process of the idea.
ਕਿਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਤਰੀਐ [/FONT]॥[/FONT] ਜੀਵਤਿਆ ਨਹ ਮਰੀਐ ॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT] ਰਹਾਉ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]
Kin biḏẖ sāgar ṯarī▫ai.[/FONT] Jīvṯi▫ā nah marī▫ai. ||1|| rahā▫o.[/FONT]
In Essence: How this worldly Ocean can be swum across? While being alive, one cannot die (Pause)
We live in this world totally affected with the three facets of Maya; it is not that easy while living right in it, one can become immaculate; however, Guru guides us through that path
Above was the question, [/FONT]now comes the answer, follow the idea
ਦੁਖੁ ਦਰਵਾਜਾ ਰੋਹੁ ਰਖਵਾਲਾ ਆਸਾ ਅੰਦੇਸਾ ਦੁਇ ਪਟ ਜੜੇ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]ਮਾਇਆ ਜਲੁ ਖਾਈ ਪਾਣੀ ਘਰੁ ਬਾਧਿਆ ਸਤ ਕੈ ਆਸਣਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਰਹੈ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT]
Ḏukẖ ḏarvājā rohu rakẖvālā āsā anḏesā ḏu▫e pat jaṛe.[/FONT] Mā▫i▫ā jal kẖā▫ī pāṇī gẖar bāḏẖi▫ā saṯ kai āsaṇ purakẖ rahai. ||2||[/FONT]
In Essence: Pain is the door and wrath guards it; two shutters of the door are made of hope and anxiety. Close to it is moat of Maya (worldly materialistic attachments) that has seized the house, there between the Akalpurakh exists.
So to cross it, first step is to over come pain and wrath by accepting His Hukam (Nanak Hukmai je bujhai ta haomai kahai n koe, Nanak says if Hukam is understood, there will be no ego- Japji), pains come when ego is there and His Hukam is looked as per ones’ own convenience. They don’t if His Hukam is taken as it comes. When this is done, the door is unlocked, now comes the moat of Maya which is made of materialistic attachment that is supported by greed and attachment. If that is destroyed by showing love to Him only instead of showing to Maya, His presence becomes visional fact. Here is the problem, we build a hope, then we start nourishing it, in pursuit of seeing it materialized, we get into anxiety and we start worrying about it and as a result of it, anxiety grows (the door is fortified). Guru says that by getting into anxiety, nothing is established; just plan and work on it but never ever stick into it. There should be nothing that can bother you. Neither in joy nor in pain, should we lose our balance of peaceful mind. Regardless the outcome of our efforts, our mind should not suffer. All what comes is taken as His ordinance. If we work hard but don’t get for what we work hard, never ever let it affect us. Done is done, start again. This appears strange but this is the way Saints take everything
ਕਿੰਤੇ ਨਾਮਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਜਾਣਿਆ ਤੁਮ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਹੀ ਅਵਰੁ ਹਰੇ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]ਊਚਾ ਨਹੀ ਕਹਣਾ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਰਹਣਾ ਆਪੇ ਜਾਣੈ ਆਪਿ ਕਰੇ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT]
Kinṯe nāmā anṯ na jāṇi▫ā ṯum sar nāhī avar hare.[/FONT] Ūcẖā nahī kahṇā man mėh rahṇā āpe jāṇai āp kare. ||3||[/FONT]
In Essence: You have numerous names oh My [/FONT] Master but none explains you fully, none other is equal to you,no need to say loudly what we go through, He knows all and all occur in His command.

TO BE CONTINUED

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
This is another technique that goes along with previous efforts we talk regarding over coming all obstacles to see Him. It is about realizing His infinity. None is equal to Him; none should be compared to Him. He knows all. Here comes accepting His Ordinance as it comes. Some are stuck with one name given to Him, Guru ji questions that too because no one name can express Him fully, no wonder in Gurbani, He is addressed with so many names. Try to limit His infinity with one name is sheer ignorance. He knows whatever comes to mind, such is His power as per Gurbani. His devotees don’t call Him loud; they don’t think Him far away and don’t feel He must be called so loudly. In the next Guru Vaak also gives reason of our failure to realize Him. Please read on
ਜਬ ਆਸਾ ਅੰਦੇਸਾ ਤਬ ਹੀ ਕਿਉ ਕਰਿ ਏਕੁ ਕਹੈ [/FONT]॥[/FONT] ਆਸਾ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਰਹੈ ਨਿਰਾਸਾ ਤਉ ਨਾਨਕ ਏਕੁ ਮਿਲੈ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT]
Jab āsā anḏesā ṯab hī ki▫o kar ek kahai.[/FONT] Āsā bẖīṯar rahai nirāsā ṯa▫o Nānak ek milai. ||4||[/FONT]
In Essence: As long as there are desires and anxieties, one cannot meditate on the One Akalpurakh. Nanak says that HE is met if while living in this world of hopes, one remains immaculate.
This idea is taken often in wrong sense. Guru ji is addressing the priority in context of meeting Him, the hopes implying the ego that triggers deep attachments, must go, to put it simple way, it is like working hard to pass the exam but never ever feeling about failure or success in the exam.
As hopes take over us, anxieties start storming within, concentration on Him becomes impossible. To gain that concentration, hopes must go, they are there to create anxiety or in case of success to invite ego. Just keep working and try to rise above these hopes.
ਇਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਤਰੀਐ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]ਜੀਵਤਿਆ ਇਉ ਮਰੀਐ ॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT] ਰਹਾਉ ਦੂਜਾ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]॥[/FONT]
In biḏẖ sāgar ṯarī▫ai.[/FONT] Jīvṯi▫ā i▫o marī▫ai. ||1|| rahā▫o ḏūjā. ||3||[/FONT]
In Essence: This is the way, worldly ocean is swum across, and this is the way while being alive one dies (Second Pause)
Here is the key to destroy that door along with the lock and the moat that deprive us of seeing Him. Guru also explains here how to live by rising above hopes and anxieties which literally bar us from His vision. Let’s understand it in different way. If someone praises us, make sure that act which brought the praise is credited to Him, if someone criticizes us; make sure it is also taken as a part of His blessings. Bhagat Kabir Ji loudly asks people to slander him, why? He knows that their slandering is meaningless, if that gives them happiness, let them have it, his own need of praise is gone, pain from slandering is also gone because “ego” is gone. So to destroy that door and moat, ego and hope must be destroyed. If they are there, the door along with the lock and moat will remain there. By becoming immaculate to the influences of Maya, His vision becomes inevitable because the hindrance is eliminated. Here I must clarify about hope and its negative effect. Let’s take an example, we prepare to pass an exam, our part should be limited to work hard to pass the exam, period. The results may go whichever way but they shouldn’t be our issue, this is called “not to keep hope in force to bring reactions”. The enlightened ones whatever see, consider everything a part of Him, they feel His presence within and outside. They work but the results do not affect them either way. I doubt a founder of any other religion has expressed His presence and to have His vision so clearly as Guru Nanak has done it. Guru Nanak concentrates on sincerity, if he questions others, it is their sincerity. With that set up standard of sincerity by him, to experience Almighty becomes certain possibilities. Without sincerity in one’s character, studying Gurbani brings no fruits.

G Singh

kiram

SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Thank you much G.Singh Ji , very beautifully explained the importance of living in His Hukum Ji , how to meet Guru Sahib Ji... !!! :wah:

kiram

SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Raag Gauree :

ਗਉੜੀ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀ ਤਿਪਦੇ ਕੰਚਨ ਸਿਉ ਪਾਈਐ ਨਹੀ ਤੋਲਿ ਮਨੁ ਦੇ ਰਾਮੁ ਲੀਆ ਹੈ ਮੋਲਿ ॥੧॥
Ga▫oṛī Kabīr jī ṯipḏe. Kancẖan si▫o pā▫ī▫ai nahī ṯol. Man ḏe rām lī▫ā hai mol. ||1||
Gauri Kabir Ji Tipadas. The Lord cannot be obtained by giving in alms gold equal to one's weight. by giving my soul, I have purchased the Master.

ਕੰਚਨ ਸਿਉ = ਸੋਨੇ ਨਾਲ, ਸੋਨਾ ਦੇ ਕੇ, ਸੋਨ ਦੇ ਵੱਟੇ। ਪਾਈਐ ਨਹੀ = ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲਦਾ। ਤੋਲਿ = ਸਾਵਾਂ ਤੋਲ ਕੇ। ਦੇ = ਦੇ ਕੇ। ਮੋਲਿ = ਮੁੱਲ ਦੇ ਥਾਂ, ਮੁੱਲ ਵਜੋਂ।੧।

ਸੋਨਾ ਸਾਵਾਂ ਤੋਲ ਕੇ ਵੱਟੇ ਵਿਚ ਦਿੱਤਿਆਂ ਰੱਬ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲਦਾ, ਮੈਂ ਤਾਂ ਮੁੱਲ ਵਜੋਂ ਆਪਣਾ ਮਨ ਦੇ ਕੇ ਰੱਬ ਲੱਭਾ ਹੈ।੧।

ਅਬ ਮੋਹਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਅਪੁਨਾ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਸਹਜ ਸੁਭਾਇ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
Ab mohi rām apunā kar jāni▫ā. Sahj subẖā▫e merā man māni▫ā. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Now I recognise the Lord, as my own. My mind is naturally pleased with Him. Pause.

ਮੋਹਿ = ਮੈਂ। ਅਪੁਨਾ ਕਰਿ = ਨਿਸ਼ਚੇ ਨਾਲ ਆਪਣਾ। ਸਹਜ ਸੁਭਾਇ = ਸੁਤੇ ਹੀ, ਬਿਨਾ ਯਤਨ ਕਰਨ ਦੇ। ਮਾਨਿਆ = ਪਤੀਜ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।

ਹੁਣ ਤਾਂ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਯਕੀਨ ਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਰੱਬ ਮੇਰਾ ਆਪਣਾ ਹੀ ਹੈ; ਸੁਤੇ ਹੀ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਇਹ ਗੰਢ ਬੱਝ ਗਈ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।

ਬ੍ਰਹਮੈ ਕਥਿ ਕਥਿ ਅੰਤੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਰਾਮ ਭਗਤਿ ਬੈਠੇ ਘਰਿ ਆਇਆ ॥੨॥
Barahmai kath kath anṯ na pā▫i▫ā. Rām bẖagaṯ baiṯẖe gẖar ā▫i▫ā. ||2||

By continually dilating upon Him, Brahma has not found God's limit. But by virtue of devotional service, the Lord has come and sat in my home.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮੈ = ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਨੇ। ਕਥਿ ਕਥਿ = ਬਿਆਨ ਕਰ ਕਰ ਕੇ, ਗੁਣ ਵਰਨਣ ਕਰ ਕਰ ਕੇ। ਭਗਤਿ = ਭਗਤੀ (ਕਰਨ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਨ)। ਬੈਠੇ = ਬੈਠਿਆਂ ਹੀ, ਸਹਜਿ-ਸੁਭਾਇ ਹੀ, ਕੋਈ ਜਤਨ ਕਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੀ। ਘਰਿ = ਘਰ ਵਿਚ, ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ।੨।

ਜਿਸ ਰੱਬ ਦੇ ਗੁਣ ਦੱਸ ਦੱਸ ਕੇ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਨੇ (ਭੀ) ਅੰਤ ਨਾਹ ਪਾਇਆ, ਉਹ ਰੱਬ ਮੇਰੇ ਭਜਨ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਨ ਸਹਜਿ-ਸੁਭਾਇ ਹੀ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਕੇ ਮਿਲ ਪਿਆ ਹੈ।੨।

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਚੰਚਲ ਮਤਿ ਤਿਆਗੀ ਕੇਵਲ ਰਾਮ ਭਗਤਿ ਨਿਜ ਭਾਗੀ ॥੩॥੧॥੧੯॥
Kaho Kabīr cẖancẖal maṯ ṯi▫āgī. Keval rām bẖagaṯ nij bẖāgī. ||3||1||19||

Says, Kabir, I have given up my wavering disposition. Lord's service alone, has fallen to my own lot.

ਚੰਚਲ = ਛੋਹਰ-ਛਿੰਨੀ। ਮਤਿ = ਅਕਲ, ਬੁੱਧੀ। ਤਿਆਗੀ = ਛੱਡ ਦਿੱਤੀ ਹੈ। ਕੇਵਲ = ਨਿਰੀ। ਨਿਜ ਭਾਗੀ = ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿੱਸੇ ਆਈ ਹੈ।੩।

ਹੇ ਕਬੀਰ! (ਹੁਣ) ਆਖ-ਮੈਂ ਛੋਹਰ-ਛਿੰਨਾ ਸੁਭਾਉ ਛੱਡ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ, (ਹੁਣ ਤਾਂ) ਨਿਰੀ ਰੱਬ ਦੀ ਭਗਤੀ ਹੀ ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿੱਸੇ ਆਈ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ।੩।੧੯। ❁ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦਾ ਭਾਵ: ਧਨ-ਪਦਾਰਥ ਆਦਿਕ ਦੇ ਵੱਟੇ ਰੱਬ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲ ਸਕਦਾ। ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੇ ਆਪਾ-ਭਾਵ ਦੂਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਆਤਮਕ ਅਡੋਲਤਾ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹੈ; ਉਹ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਮਨ ਦੀ ਚੰਚਲਤਾ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਸਦਾ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੜਿਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ।੧੯। ❀ ਨੋਟ: ਇਸ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦੇ ਸਿਰ-ਲੇਖ ਦੇ ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਤਿਪਦੇ' ਦੇ ਹੇਠ ਨਿੱਕਾ ਜਿਹਾ ਅੰਕ '੧੫' ਹੈ। ਇਸ ਦਾ ਭਾਵ ਇਹ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਨੰ: ੧੯ ਤੋਂ ੩੩ ਤਕ ਦੇ ੧੫ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਤਿੰਨ ਤਿੰਨ 'ਬੰਦਾਂ' ਵਾਲੇ ਹਨ।

Ang. 327

http://sikhroots.com/zina/Keertani ...CD/Track03_Kanchan Sio Paiye Nahi.mp3?l=8&m=1

Last edited by a moderator:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Yes absolutley..His House is sans locks....BUT we put our locks and then spend time looking for the Keys.
Thank You G Singh Ji..for a most enjoyable journey towards the ONE....through Gurbani..:happy:
Respected Gyani jio

My sincere thanks for posting so beautiful and relevant comments in context of Guru Shabad ! Kiram Ji has added more to it by posting Kirtan version of
a shabad
:)

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Kiram Ji
Thanks for posting this Shabad, Kabir ji gives the same Hint Guru ji points at, its the act of giving mind by Kabir to Him that enables him to unlock all locks and doors, we are ready to give every thing but our mind as it is ********d(literally sold for) for other tastes.
:)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM