• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Politics Two Punjab Congress MP’s Face Sikh Ire For ‘intrrupting’ SAD MP On 1984 Anti-Sikh Riots Issue

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Two Punjab Congress MP’s face Sikh ire for ‘intrrupting’ SAD MP on 1984 anti-Sikh riots issue

Two Punjab Congress MP’s face Sikh ire for ‘intrrupting’ SAD MP on 1984 anti-Sikh riots issue | Amritsar Metro

Two Congress members of Parliament from Punjab-Partap Singh Bajwa and Ravneet Singh Bittu faced the ire of Sikh community for intrupting SAD MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal while she was speaking on the floor of house against giving clean chit to Jagdish Tytler allegedly involved in 1984 anti-Sikh riots.

Sewa Singh Sekhwan Punjab Information minister has alleged that Bajwa has tried to stop Harsimrat from raising the voice against killers of Sikhs in Delhi after the assassination of late PM Indira Gandhi. The action of Bajwa was indeed seen by people during direct telecast of Parliament proceedings.

Fearing backlash in the Sikh community, Bajwa alongwith Bittu have been trying to defend themselves and rebutted the allegations. Bajwa said that Harsimrat Kaur was trying to play ‘politics on dead bodies’ (of Sikhs). “We were not trying to stop her”, Bjawa claimed in Chandigarh.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Re: Two Punjab Congress MP’s face Sikh ire for ‘intrrupting’ SAD MP on 1984 anti-Sikh riots issue

Badal "ire" is not sikh "ire"...not by a long shot...donrt be confused by propoganda !!

Any MP irrespective of party if speaks for sikh issue should be praised and any MP that disrupt other which are speaking for sikh issue should be criticised.These Mps should be ashamed of themselves.Whenever issue of women are raised in parliament all women mp unite.Whenever issue of muslim is raised all muslim mp irrespective of party unite,and when Dalit issue is Raised Dalit
Mp too unite.Only we sikhs are shameless community That not even we get unite on sikh issue but also disrupt others and then we think that justice will be delivered

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Kanwardeep Ji,
I am NOT 'defending" anyone. Just stating a sad fact of Sikh DISUNITY that you have also confirmed. Badal akalis have NEVER spoken up for Sikhs, Punjab Waters, Electricity, Chnadigarh etc etc UNLESS they are OUT of OFFICE. So this time..i have difficulty swalloing their rheoric..notwithstanding Harsimrat Kaurs excellent oratory.. Its OBVIOUS this drama is all about LOOMING SGPC Elections...nothing more. ALL these "SIKHS" Mps , MLAs..etc etc..and all have a lot of hard work ahead to convicne everyone of their HEARTFELT feelings for Sikhi and Punjab...sadly the Badal dal in PUNJAB is NOT Pro-SIKHI/Gurmatt even 1%.Its Solidly PRO Babas, deras, Saadhs, Bjps, RSS, Radha soamis, Nirankaris, namdharees...EVERYTHING..except SIKHI/GURMATT. This fact cannot be denied any which way. the SIDHU MP oratory is also Fantastic..the way he was going on and on about Amritsar/Golden Temple and all...on PTC a few months ago..but its all a "joke" aka Laughter Challenge !!:happysingh:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Re: Two Punjab Congress MP’s face Sikh ire for ‘intrrupting’ SAD MP on 1984 anti-Sikh riots issue

Kanwardeep Ji,
I am NOT 'defending" anyone. Just stating a sad fact of Sikh DISUNITY that you have also confirmed. Badal akalis have NEVER spoken up for Sikhs, Punjab Waters, Electricity, Chnadigarh etc etc UNLESS they are OUT of OFFICE. So this time..i have difficulty swalloing their rheoric..notwithstanding Harsimrat Kaurs excellent oratory.. Its OBVIOUS this drama is all about LOOMING SGPC Elections...nothing more. ALL these "SIKHS" Mps , MLAs..etc etc..and all have a lot of hard work ahead to convicne everyone of their HEARTFELT feelings for Sikhi and Punjab...sadly the Badal dal in PUNJAB is NOT Pro-SIKHI/Gurmatt even 1%.Its Solidly PRO Babas, deras, Saadhs, Bjps, RSS, Radha soamis, Nirankaris, namdharees...EVERYTHING..except SIKHI/GURMATT. This fact cannot be denied any which way. the SIDHU MP oratory is also Fantastic..the way he was going on and on about Amritsar/Golden Temple and all...on PTC a few months ago..but its all a "joke" aka Laughter Challenge !!:happysingh:

I know badal is not pro sikhi but is there any party that is pro sikhi? Why people don't vote for Pro sikhi parties? The answer is simple People of Punjab are not pro sikhi then how could we expect a Pro sikhi party to come and win election

May 24, 2008
Kanwardeep Ji ,
It is my observation as a layman that if anybody with a clean heart starts today on some urgent matters concerning Punjab & Sikhs then he is bound to get success in due course of time whether five years more maybe less . But I am also disappointed at the general apathy among Punjabi Sikhs regarding Sikh affairs may be it has something to do with post 1984 events when people were mercilessly crushed by the state hence now this movement of EAT ,DRINK & MAKE MERRY is going on in Punjab . There is not a single leader who is thinking about Punjab at this stage , everybody is concerned about his/her own welfare . If somebody do comes he may have a headstart over Akalis/Congress from the day one , this I'm sure about .

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Dalbirk ji

Those who observe Indian politics know that in any state emerging of a new party is very difficult. It takes 15-20 years for a new party to form Govt on its own.Just look at MNS
it is doing good in Maharashtra but still it has long way to go.so first let any pro sikhi party should start making its base then only we can hope that after 15-20 years that Party could form govt even though looking at present circumstances it looks very difficult

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM