• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Inhuman American System

Anju

SPNer
Jun 5, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Actions as those mentioned in the US. Make me ashamed of being born here. Every life is valuable and when these ignorate fools in charge of investiagating crimes turn their backs. They too are murderers. For they have killed justice.

Apr 4, 2007
this is a joke, right? people in punjab are talking about how the american police don't "try" to catch criminals because the victim was punjabi?

um, that may be how it works in india, but that would be against the law here. it's unfortunate that this family has not found justice. but neither have the families of thousands of white americans. what is their explanation for that?

i'd like to see hard statistics about unsolved crimes regarding documented punjabi immigrants vs other ethnic groups before people make such incredibly charged allegations.

on the other hand, if they're talking about UNDOCUMENTED immigrants... it's true, since those crimes often go unreported out of fear of the police, those crimes are less investigated. but if the family works with the police, i can't imagine them being punjabi would present any sort of barrier to having the case investigated properly.

Apr 4, 2007
The bodies of Paramjit Singh Kalsi and Ravinder Singh Kalsi, two Punjabi hoteliers murdered in Sanpablo in California on December 27, 2007, will be reaching for cremation at Patiala in a few days. The families are alleging that the US authorities extend very little support to kin of Indians killed there. “We had to wait for more than a month to bring the bodies back to India,” they said.

um, probably because the bodies were being being used as evidence in a criminal investigation. just the thing the family is alleging isn't happening!

Satjot Kaur

SPNer
Jan 6, 2008
I hate that this happens to anybody, and I send sympathy to the families. Nevertheless, I do not see enough in this article to explain what really happened.

It is possible that the police have swept aside cases involving green-card holders, but there are so many unsolved murder cases of Americans that I would have to see better statistics from a reliable source to believe that the problem is specific. It is also alleged that American police do not give as much effort to solving black American crimes as white American crimes, but I also just saw a story about a white couple who reported their baby Sabrina missing, and the white prosecutor went so far as to falsify evidence to try to convict the couple of killing their own child.

I have done what I could to make sure that the right thing gets done when I see injustice around me, and I have been hurt repeatedly for it. The same has happened with others that I know or know of.

It is only when enough of us are willing to do the right thing despite the consequences that things will get better. That can be difficult, especially when the consequences are not just to the individual, but when children or a family counts on the individual to provide for them.

Once the critical mass is met and enough people are willing to stand up for the right thing, evil will no longer have such a stranglehold. Until then, we must encourage everyone we can, and set the example of doing the right thing no matter what. If we all stand for justice, it will only hurt for a little while and the rewards will be great.

Satjot Kaur

SPNer
Jan 6, 2008
(the above portion was posted before seeing jasleen's posts. The below was added after)

this is a joke, right? people in punjab are talking about how the american police don't "try" to catch criminals because the victim was punjabi?

um, that may be how it works in india, but that would be against the law here.

Actually, the more I think about it, I would be surprised if the American police even knew what a Punjabi was unless they were told by the people reporting the crime.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
agree that American system still carries the racial legacy, more through people rather than design. Sarb's point is quite valid, i don't think they might have done it on purpose

LA is quite crime infested and non cetizens do end up being on the wrong end of the sticka lot of time.

btw Giants beat Patriots !!

weeeehoooo !!

Strahan rocks !!!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: