• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Standing Together As Sikhs

Oct 16, 2009
sat sri akal,
satnaam karta purakh nirbhau nir vair akal murat ajuni sehbhang gurprasad

dear sisters and brothers,
a few days back i went with one of my nirankari freind to a nirankari bhawan.i had an image of the nirankaris and their strained relations with the sikhs but still i wanted to see what makes them stand infront of us sikhs. i went and i saw they had nothing nothing and nothing they were blank just touching each others feets and saying "dhan nirankar" some of them even touched mine and were surprised when i replied "sat sri akal" there was no kirtan,no gurbani nothing else just the praise of their guru.after the samagam(congregation) was over we went to my friends house where his father a typical sikh criticiser started to tell me about sikhs he told me a story which i would like to share

he told me son once there was a behria(hunter) who use to hunt birds for his meal and money one day a saint came to the jungle and he saw the hunter harming the birds one fine day the saint went to the birds and took them to his place and there for some days he regularly made them reicte "bahriya aye ga jaal phenke ga ham jaal me nahi fasenge"(the hunter would come with through the net to catch us but we will not let him catch us) after a few day of practise the saint left those birds back to the jungle and then next time when the hunter came he saw that all the birds sang loudly "bahriya aye ga jaal phenke ga ham jaal me nahi ayenge" the hunter was hert broken but he just though there might be some chances of cathcing them so he spread his net and after puting the wheat grains on it waited although he knew the bird were alert but soon he was surprised to see that bird were saying the same lines without a stop but they came and sat on the net and so the hunter caught them but as the hunter was taking them home they still didnt stoped and were saying 'bahriya aye ga jaal phenkega chara dalega ham usme nahi fasenge'

after the story was over he told me that sikhs are the same the have turned hypocryte and blah blah i started irritating him to the limit that he stoped after that i came hom and thought what is the reason we sikhs are becoming so weak and here i found it

i was reading a discussion here on spn and i came across and reply in which jatts were compared to chamars i thought the respected member who had posted was a non-sikh rajput (since the article was on such matter) but later i came across another article where the same member was comparing jatts to rajputs for criticising them and their origin.in the same thread khatris were denounced as "bhapas"

i was shocked to see another article in which a respected member has called khatris devil and so on abt ramgarhias and others

we are so ****** divided that we have forgoten we are sikhs the sikhs of guru gobind singh who has said the following lines-
in unity is strenght and success,in disunity chaos and decay.

how can we forget the day when guru sahib asked for the heads of our brotherns and you know on that day the blood that was flowing from the sword of our guru was nothing else then the sign of death of our earlier positions,origins,castes,creeds and much more than all this. the khatri the jat the nai all died that day and those who emerged were sikhs and nothing else.on that day we accepted the guru as our father why then betray him we are sikhs and we cannot present bad examples to others we have to win and it is possible when we are togather.

those five stood for the unity and so we will i love ever sikh regardless of anything else.

whatever we practice reflects upon our thinking which is further the gift of our guru.has our guru failed like the saint mentioned above or we are so foolish so as not able to understand our gurus teaching and message of human brotherhood.

humans have the tendency to segregate and divide themselves sometimes by them selves and sometimes by other for their motives in our case we are dividing ourselves.for most people we are a race-"sardars"
a khatri can further segregate by saying he is a bahri,baunji or sarin and so can a jatt thought his biradari(brotherhood) and gotra.
but we don't have to divide bcz we are powerful as united let us swear that we will respect every Sikh and never abuse each other on the basis of nationality,caste and other things bcz we are Sikhs................:cool:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
most of the Genuine people on SPN don't brag about their caste or downgrade other sikhs.
The problem is that their are some trouble makers on Internet who create different ids on different sikh sites and create division in community.sometimes even a genuine member fell into their trap and start's bragging its caste or downgrading other's

Oct 16, 2009
brother i found spn to be one of the few website which is out of abuses may be it has better educated members or better trained mod's. but still we can strive hard to make this website the best........

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikh royalist ji

Your post above is fascinating because you are a natural story-teller finding a parable to fit every situation and finding in every situation a lesson for life. This was fascinating. I lost count of the insights that you have written that opened up my mind to seeing something new and worth learning.

Now I want to tell you something. When I read the part
"i was reading a discussion here on spn and i came across and reply in which jatts were compared to chamars i thought the respected member who had posted was a non-sikh rajput (since the article was on such matter) but later i came across another article where the same member was comparing jatts to rajputs for criticising them and their origin.in the same thread khatris were denounced as "bhapas"

i was shocked to see another article in which a respected member has called khatris devil and so on abt ramgarhias and others"

Something inside me give birth to a huge groan, sounding like this: AAAAAAAaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhh! Nooooooooooooooo! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

BECAUSE - I know what member you are talking about and how much heart-ache is caused by this kind of talk. I read those postings and articles too with a heavy heart. Always this small nightmare -- that there is a "visitor" out there that we don't know of, someone like you before you joined SPN --- who is reading comments like that, laced with hatred, and really mostly about his own hatred of himself, that are projected all over the "quam" (to quote Kanwardeep Singh ji, whose word I am using here). And I pray -- "Oh please do not let 100 visitors read this kind of thing and think that Sikhs are so angry and so hateful and so confused. "

I am relieved that you joined SPN if only to post this thought alone. But more than that I hope that you continue to share the wisdom of your own life with us so that your voice is there to balance the scales. Thank you. :wah:

Oct 16, 2009
it was my duty dear sister i didn't felt bad bcz may be the Sikh thoughts have brought about so much of change that i dont mind any abuses but the thing is even i am concerned abt other ppl's thoughts what would the non-Sikhs think about us and dont worry sister i know the respected member you have mentioned is a kind person at heart but is easily irritated

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM