• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism And Other Religions

sanket

SPNer
Jan 10, 2007
Hello all,
I am a Shaiva but I am also strongly attracted to Sikh Dharma. Can I be a part of the Sikh community while remaining a Shaiva?I am not saying that I can be baptized but is there some way I can be a part of the Sikh community?

----------------------------------------

MKAUR1981

SPNer
Aug 24, 2006
WJKK WJKF

Sanket

Welcome to SPN. As a Shaiva you accept Lord Shiva as the supreme God. (please correct me if I am wrong), so can I please ask what is it that attracts you to Sikhism. I'm a bit confused as you have said that you cannot be baptised but want to be part of the Sikh community :confused:

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
Hello all,
I am a Shaiva but I am also strongly attracted to Sikh Dharma. Can I be a part of the Sikh community while remaining a Shaiva?I am not saying that I can be baptized but is there some way I can be a part of the Sikh community?QUOTE]

Good question, and welcome to SPN! There are some real knowledgable people here on this forum.

You can follow whatever you like sanket, this is your path, and you can search for god independently. The best place to start with the teaching of the gurus is books and of course, if you are able to get a copy - the Guru Granth Sahib. The source and the many books can give yuo a clear understanding of the teachings of the gurus and just more knowledge to god.

You can be part of any community you want to be part of!

On a side note: i dont like the word "ism" to a particular philosophy or path. Most pathways brought to us by the various gurus, teachers, and prophets are viable paths to god. "Ism" is just another word to divide people :hmm:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Hello all,
I am a Shaiva but I am also strongly attracted to Sikh Dharma. Can I be a part of the Sikh community while remaining a Shaiva?I am not saying that I can be baptized but is there some way I can be a part of the Sikh community?

dear sanket

welcome to spn

you can visit gurudwara's ,listen shabad kirtan and katha,participate in sewa of .in this way you can be a part of sikh community.there are millions of hindu's
in india who have deep faith in guru's .

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: