• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World Sikh Wife And Three Children Murdered In Belgium

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sikh Wife and Three Children Murdered in Belgium

by T{censored}m Singh Deogan, Hindu Times
(Source: Sikh24 , Hindustan Times)

A Sikh father and husband living in Brussels was greeted by horror when he returned home on Friday night to find his wife and three sons murdered.

The bodies of Jasvir Singh’s wife Rajvir Kaur (32) and sons Manraj (7), Karmanvir Singh (5) and Navjot (3) were found lying in a pool of blood with their throats slit in their apartment in the Etterbeek municipality of the Belgian capital.

Talking to HT over the phone from Brussels, Jasvir Singh, a native of Buyani village near Doraha in Ludhiana district of Punjab, said in a choked voice, “Why has God done this to me? I never harmed anyone in my life. I used to come home from work at 10 pm everyday, but often talked to my family over the phone. I was calling my wife since evening, but no one picked up the phone. I became tense and rushed home at 8 pm. What I saw left me completely lifeless.”

Jasvir, working as a cook in a restaurant in Brussels, had migrated to Belgium about 15 years ago, while his wife had joined him about five years ago.A pall of gloom has permeated Buyani village. The grief-stricken family is inconsolable and struggling to come to terms with the tragedy.

Jasvir’s father Jung Singh said they came to know about the incident on Sunday. “Earlier, I was told that my son and his family had met with a road accident and their condition was critical. Jasvir had come here in November and thrown a party to celebrate his sons’ good health,” said Jung.

Describing Jasvir as a soft-spoken person who never indulged in arguments with anyone, the hapless father said, “I cannot understand why anyone would kill his family.”

Jasvir’s sister Simran

Jasvir had been sending money to Simran for her son’s education and the treatment of her husband Iqbal Singh, who is in a state of coma for the past six years since he met with a road accident while he was serving as constable in the Punjab Police.Belgian news portal deredactie.be reported that the judicial authorities in Brussels had confirmed the murders, but refused to comment further on the case.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM