• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Sikh Leader Denied Entry Into Canada (New Kerala)

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Sikh leader denied entry into Canada (New Kerala)
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/search/sikh/SIG=11vmohm7r/*http%3A//www.newkerala.com/news4.php?action=fullnews&id=21442
Array
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:24:06 GMT
Toronto, Sept 14: A Sikh priest has been denied entry into Canada because he was convicted of killing a rival religious leader in India, even though he was eventually pardoned, a Canadian Conservative MP has said.

inderpreet99

SPNer
Nov 24, 2004
Boston
this is a bit old news (Sept 14), but i remember my parents told me about this Jathedar Ranjit Singh, who once killed a nirankari, who had gained too much power. he was considered a hero back then.

wikipedia/Gurbachan_Singh said:
On October 6th 1978, a Hukumnama from Sri Akal Takht Sahib by the Jathedar of Sri Akal Takht Sahib was issued, calling upon sikhs to socially boycott these Nirankaris.
In 1980, it is said that a Ranjit Singh, a member of the Akhand Kirtani Jatha managed to obtain employment at the Nirankari headquarters in Delhi as a carpenter. On the evening of April 24, 1980, He waited with an automatic rifle in a room of the guest house. Ranjit Singh shot Gurbachan Singh through a window when he returned from a public function at about 11pm. Ranjit Singh managed to escape.
The FIR named twenty persons for the murder, including several known associates of Bhindranwale, who was also charged with conspiracy to murder.
Ranjit Singh surrendered in 1983, and was in jail for 13-years. In 1990, while still in Tihar Jail, he was named the Akal Takht jathedar, and took over the post when he was released in 1996.
According to a Hindustan Times report, Ranjit Singh said about the murder: "I have no regrets. I did it for the Panth (community)."
In 1997, the Delhi High Court upheld his conviction and cancelled bail. Ranjit refused to surrender. The government quickly ordered a remission of the remaining part of his sentence to avoid a confrontation.

What a Jathedar eh? I dont think Vedanti could ever pull something like this.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: