• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Muhabathae Man Than Basai Sach Saah Bandhee Moch | ਮੁਹਬਤੇ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਬਸੈ ਸਚੁ ਸਾਹ ਬੰਦੀ ਮੋਚ

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Ang 724

As previous, individual words provided, please feel free to correct. My interpretation underneath in blue. Please add in your own understanding and how this shabad influences your life.

ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ Thilang Mehalaa 5 || Shabad in raag tilang, written by Guru Arjan ji
This is the raag of longing, traditionally sung in the late afternoon.

support world.jpg
ਮੀਰਾਂ ਦਾਨਾਂ ਦਿਲ ਸੋਚ ॥Meeraan Dhaanaan Dhil Soch ||
ਮੀਰਾਂ = my, o sardar
ਦਾਨਾਂ = o wise one
ਦਿਲ ਸੋਚ = force/one that makes all hearts pure
The shabad is addressed to our friend, Ik Oankaar, who is wise and a good influence!

ਮੁਹਬਤੇ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਬਸੈ ਸਚੁ ਸਾਹ ਬੰਦੀ ਮੋਚ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥Muhabathae Man Than Basai Sach Saah Bandhee Moch ||1|| Rehaao ||
ਮੁਹਬਤੇ = your love
ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ = in mind and body
ਬਸੈ = enshrined
ਸਚੁ ਸਾਹ = true king, the ever present ruler
ਬੰਦੀ ਮੋਚ = the one who is able to break us out of jail
ਰਹਾਉ = pause, reflect. This is the line to use when putting the shabad into context
O ever present king, you are the one who can break me out of the jail (of illusion). Your love is entirely incorporated into my entire being- my mind and body. ||1||Pause||

ਦੀਦਨੇ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕਛੁ ਨਹੀ ਇਸ ਕਾ ਮੋਲੁ ॥Dheedhanae Dheedhaar Saahib Kashh Nehee Eis Kaa Mol ||
ਦੀਦਨੇ = to see/observe/behold
ਦੀਦਾਰ = sight, vision
ਸਾਹਿਬ = Ik Oankaar
ਕਛੁ = something, anything
ਨਹੀ = no
ਇਸ ਕਾ = it’s
ਮੋਲੁ = price, worth
Serving you (living as a Gurmukh) is an uncountable blessing. There can be no value put on this.

ਪਾਕ ਪਰਵਦਗਾਰ ਤੂ ਖੁਦਿ ਖਸਮੁ ਵਡਾ ਅਤੋਲੁ ॥੧॥Paak Paravadhagaar Thoo Khudh Khasam Vaddaa Athol ||1||
ਪਾਕ = pure
ਪਰਵਦਗਾਰ = the sustainer, nourisher
ਤੂ = you
ਖੁਦਿ – yourself
ਖਸਮੁ = husband
ਵਡਾ= great
ਅਤੋਲੁ = incomparable
O pure sustainer of life, you yourself are the husband for all creation, you are great and the great gift of life given is priceless. ||1||

ਦਸ੍ਤਗੀਰੀ ਦੇਹਿ ਦਿਲਾਵਰ ਤੂਹੀ ਤੂਹੀ ਏਕ ॥Dhasogeeree Dhaehi Dhilaavar Thoohee Thoohee Eaek ||
ਦਸ੍ਤਗੀਰੀ = assistance, a helping hand
ਦੇਹਿ = to give
ਦਿਲਾਵਰ = brave
ਤੂਹੀ = just you
ਏਕ = one 1
O Ik Oankaar, who is the source of strength, help me, only you are my support.

ਕਰਤਾਰ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਕਰਣ ਖਾਲਕ ਨਾਨਕ ਤੇਰੀ ਟੇਕ ॥੨॥੫॥Karathaar Kudharath Karan Khaalak Naanak Thaeree Ttaek ||2||5||
ਕਰਤਾਰ = creator
ਕੁਦਰਤਿ = ever present Ik Oankaar
ਕਰਣ = doer
ਖਾਲਕ = ruler of all beings
ਨਾਨਕ = Nanak
ਤੇਰੀ = your
ਟੇਕ = support
Nanak tells us, the Creator who is the leader for all life, is present throughout creation, that creator is my only support. ||2||5||

:feedback:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
ਮੁਹਬਤੇ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਬਸੈ ਸਚੁ ਸਾਹ ਬੰਦੀ ਮੋਚ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥Muhabathae Man Than Basai Sach Saah Bandhee Moch ||1|| Rehaao ||

The Rehaao verse shows what the true love is all about. This love is about self- liberation, about freedom. One does not have to fulfill anyone’s desires, please anyone, make anyone happy with “sweet little things”, otherwise the lover may get upset.

Desire and bondage of love create shackles in our lives. They imprison us rather than freeing us. Only if we could transport the love in the Rehaoo verse in our own lives, then only we will be able to call ourselves true lovers.

Gurbani is for us to emulate its message in our real lives so that we can cherish every nanosecond and truly call it "Livinig it".

Love is like the musk scent that is within a deer but it wanders around looking for it somewhere else. Gurbani talks about it too. Guru Ramdas says it beautifully on page 982.

Only if we did not demand from the other because of love. Only if we did not create expectations because of love. Only if we did not desire for our desires to be fulfilled by our lovers. Only if we decide to part in order to meet again as lovers. Only if we detached ourselves to be reattached with the beloved. Only if we loved ourselves first in order to discover the love in others.

Then only we can claim to find The One in all without exception and call ourselves true lovers.

The true love; sans rancor, sans expectations, sans desires, sans give and take, sans compulsion to please.

This is what the Rehaao verse teaches us and the rest of the Shabad expands on it.

Findingmyway ji. Thanks for showing us how to find our way to true love.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
O ever present king, you are the one who can break me out of the jail (of illusion). Your love is entirely incorporated into my entire being- my mind and body. ||1||Pause||

So powerful, and so true this Shabad...

For so long (for me) the seeking has been on the outside, where the 'Ever Present King' is within my entire being mind and body...

To believe this, to literally feel this, to be fully aware of this....as the source of strength and support of life.

Priceless

Waheguru

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM