• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Mile Sukh Naam Har Sobha Chintha Lahe Hamari | ਮਿਲੈ ਸੂਖੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਸੋਭਾ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਲਾਹਿ ਹਮਾਰੀ

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
This shabad is from Ang 713, continuing from the one 2 weeks ago Shabad Of The Week: Neeke Gun Gaao Mitthee Rog

umbrella2.jpg
Shabad posted followed by literal word meanings. Where possible these have been taken from Prof Sahib Singh, otherwise from a Panjabi dictionary. Please correct any that you feel are wrong or that have any additional meanings. Then have a go at putting it all together and please share your understanding of the shabad so we can all learn from each other.

ਟੋਡੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥Ttoddee Mehalaa 5 ||

Written in Raag Toddee by Guru Arjan Ji
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਆਇਓ ਸਰਣਿ ਤੁਹਾਰੀ ॥Sathigur Aaeiou Saran Thuhaaree ||

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ = True Guru, Ik Oankaar
ਆਇਓ = come
ਸਰਣਿ = support
ਤੁਹਾਰੀ = Your

ਮਿਲੈ ਸੂਖੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਸੋਭਾ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਲਾਹਿ ਹਮਾਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥Milai Sookh Naam Har Sobhaa Chinthaa Laahi Hamaaree ||1|| Rehaao ||
ਮਿਲੈ = to find
ਸੂਖੁ = peace
ਨਾਮੁ = Gurbani
ਹਰਿ = diamone, Ik Oankaar
ਸੋਭਾ = beautiful
ਚਿੰਤਾ = worries
ਲਾਹਿ = to move far away
ਹਮਾਰੀ = our

ਅਵਰ ਨ ਸੂਝੈ ਦੂਜੀ ਠਾਹਰ ਹਾਰਿ ਪਰਿਓ ਤਉ ਦੁਆਰੀ ॥Avar N Soojhai Dhoojee Thaahar Haar Pariou Tho Dhuaaree ||
ਅਵਰ = other
ਨ = not
ਸੂਝੈ = to know
ਦੂਜੀ = second
ਠਾਹਰ =place of refuge
ਹਾਰਿ = defeat
ਪਰਿਓ = beloved
ਤਉ ਦੁਆਰੀ = at your door

ਲੇਖਾ ਛੋਡਿ ਅਲੇਖੈ ਛੂਟਹ ਹਮ ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਲੇਹੁ ਉਬਾਰੀ ॥੧॥Laekhaa Shhodd Alaekhai Shhootteh Ham Niragun Laehu Oubaaree ||1||

ਲੇਖਾ = whats written, destiny
ਛੋਡਿ = leave
ਅਲੇਖੈ – that which is not written
ਛੂਟਹ = we can be successful
ਹਮ =us
ਨਿਰਗੁਣ= without virtue, worthless
ਲੇਹੁ ਉਬਾਰੀ = to save

ਸਦ ਬਖਸਿੰਦੁ ਸਦਾ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨਾ ਸਭਨਾ ਦੇਇ ਅਧਾਰੀ ॥Sadh Bakhasindh Sadhaa Miharavaanaa Sabhanaa Dhaee Adhhaaree ||
ਸਦ = always
ਬਖਸਿੰਦੁ = the One who blesses
ਸਦਾ = always
ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨਾ = the one who helps
ਸਭਨਾ = everyone
ਦੇਇ = to give
ਅਧਾਰੀ = support

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਸੰਤ ਪਾਛੈ ਪਰਿਓ ਰਾਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਇਹ ਬਾਰੀ ॥੨॥੪॥੯॥Naanak Dhaas Santh Paashhai Pariou Raakh Laehu Eih Baaree ||2||4||9||

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ = the servant Nanak
ਸੰਤ ਪਾਛੈ = under the protection of Ik Oankaar
ਪਰਿਓ = beloved
ਰਾਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ = come under the protection of
ਇਹ ਬਾਰੀ = in this life

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
This beautiful Shabad shows how we are all hungry for peace.

Inner peace cannot be attained without the outer peace and all countries do their best not to have the latter in order to have their arms industry running at full throttle. Wars are created, manufactured for this purpose.

Looking at what has been happening since the dawn of humanity, attaining peace seems like a utopic idea.

Having said that, starting with the peace within, at home, in our neighbourhoods; we as humans can go a long way. This Shabad is our road-map to peace.

Thanks Findingmyway ji for this great find.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Nov 14, 2008
This shabad is from Ang 713, continuing from the one 2 weeks ago http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/shabad-of-the-week/40953-shabad-week-neeke-gun-gaao-mitthee.html

Shabad posted followed by literal word meanings. Where possible these have been taken from Prof Sahib Singh, otherwise from a Panjabi dictionary. Please correct any that you feel are wrong or that have any additional meanings. Then have a go at putting it all together and please share your understanding of the shabad so we can all learn from each other.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>PA</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->

Sat sri Akaal Findingmyway ji thanks for sharing a beautiful shabad ,its your great initiative :mundakhalsaflag:

i feel last line translated by Dr Sant Singh and Manmohan Singh ji sounds more better .

Nānak ḏās sanṯ pācẖẖai pari▫o rākẖ leho ih bārī. ||2||4||9||
Slave Nanak follows the Path of the Saints; save him, O Lord, this time. ||2||4||9|[Dr Sant Singh ]

Slave Nanak follows the way of saints, Save him Thou, O Lord this time (in this life).[Bhai Manmohan singh]

blessings ..

Last edited by a moderator:

angrisha

SPNer
Jun 24, 2010
Canada
I think for me this shabad speaks of surrender:

Avar na sūjẖai ḏūjī ṯẖāhar hār pari▫o ṯa▫o ḏu▫ārī

When you do find yourself weary of the world, the only real placed to be saved or protected is with God and in order to do that you have to surrender your own ideas of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
A couple of personal observations.

1. Surrender: It is used 96 times in SGGS as per Srigranth.org.
2. Surrendering is used 11 times.

I have always felt quite uneasy with its usage in Gurbani sense and Gurmat values given to us in SGGS.

Both are used for different words in Gurbani which seems to me loses the real meanings/message of Gurbani.

According to the definition from 3 different sources:

1.surrender - definition of surrender by the Free Online Dictionary ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/surrender‎
sur•ren•der (s -r n d r). v. sur•ren•dered, sur•ren•der•ing, sur•ren•ders. v.tr. 1. To relinquish possession or control of to another because of demand or compulsion.
2.Surrender - Merriam-Webster Online
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/surrender‎
to yield to the power, control, or possession of another upon compulsion or demand <surrendered the fort>. b : to give up completely or agree to forgo ...
3.Surrender | Define Surrender at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/surrender‎
to yield (something) to the possession or power of another; deliver up possession of on demand or under duress: to surrender the fort to the enemy; to surrender ...

1. Is Ik Ong Kaar our enemy?
2. Are we in war with Ik Ong Kaar or with the 5 thieves that make us human?
3. Is Ik Ong Kaar is forcing us to “surrender”, the one who is Nirbhau and Nirvair?

None of the above makes sense according to Gurmat values. So, in my point of view, the word “Surrender” should be eliminated from the literal translations and be substituted with words like: offer oneself to become a good student-Sikh, shed me-ism, sprout like a lotus from the self-created muck. Members can add their own words according to their own understanding.
I understand that some would check the best dictionary in the world called Wkipedia and try to explain what it means in spiritual sense.
Sikhi values are not based on the definitions according to Wikipedia but only on Gurmat.

2. Das- This one is translated as Slave which is also demeaning to Gurbani in my opinion.

1.Slave is used 500 times in the SGGS-Srigrang.org.
2.Slavery is used 3 times for two different words.

1.slave - definition of slave by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/slave‎
One bound in servitude as the property of a person or household. 2. One who is abjectly subservient to a specified person or influence: "I was still the slave of ...

2.Slave | Define Slave at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/slave‎
a person who is the property of and wholly subject to another; a bond servant. 2. a person entirely under the domination of some influence or person: a slave to a ...

3.Slave - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slave‎
a person held in servitude as the chattel of another. 2. : one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence. 3. : a device (as the printer of a computer) ...

We all know what slavery stands for and it had been a common practice by the Kings of India and also the invaders to sell people in the public squares as slaves. Slavery is much older in India and it was practiced long before it was practiced in the West.

Guru Nanak and all other Nanaks who followed him with the same jyot came to liberate people from tyranny and the psychological burden it created. They were totally against slavery.

Mechanical rituals are kinds of slavery of the mind which brings to naught.

Sati- A very tangible ritual is starkly sign of slavery.

Fighting against injustice what Sikhi is based on makes us The Truth Seekers- The Peace Warriors. Both these names show us that we are not slaves of anyone.

Gurbani talks about Ik Ong Kaar being our Miit-ਮੀਤ, our friend and our mate.

How can one be a slave to a friend?

Das should be translated as – A Seeker, A Student, A Learner- A Sikh

Let’s have a conversation about the way Gurbani is being distorted in literal translations and even worse, accepted by us without challenging it.

Are we surrendering our Gurmat intellect acting in this manner?

Input from all will be very fruitful.

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I think for me this shabad speaks of surrender:

When you do find yourself weary of the world, the only real placed to be saved or protected is with God and in order to do that you have to surrender your own ideas of the world.

What I understand from angrisha ji is that one (I for example) surrender my ideas (ideas that are delusional)... in the sense that I give up my attachments to delusional thinking. Surrender as in I give up/abandon these ideas. Often a translator will too use the idea of "abandon" as a way to overcome thinking that causes anxiety.

So unless I am reading the reply incorrectly surrender is not being used in the sense of surrendering to a hostile or punitive God, and it is not surrender under duress by another. It is voluntary and willing giving up once it becomes clear that one's own mind has been the enemy. I "surrender" and "abandon" the lease to this place, to my ideas of the world because I do not want to live in that place any longer where my mind is my tormentor!

Last edited:

angrisha

SPNer
Jun 24, 2010
Canada
A couple of personal observations.

1. Surrender: It is used 96 times in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as per Srigranth.org.
2. Surrendering is used 11 times.

I have always felt quite uneasy with its usage in Gurbani sense and Gurmat values given to us in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Both are used for different words in Gurbani which seems to me loses the real meanings/message of Gurbani.

1.surrender - definition of surrender by the Free Online Dictionary ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/surrender‎
sur•ren•der (s -r n d r). v. sur•ren•dered, sur•ren•der•ing, sur•ren•ders. v.tr. 1. To relinquish possession or control of to another because of demand or compulsion.
2.Surrender - Merriam-Webster Online
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/surrender‎
to yield to the power, control, or possession of another upon compulsion or demand <surrendered the fort>. b : to give up completely or agree to forgo ...
3.Surrender | Define Surrender at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/surrender‎
to yield (something) to the possession or power of another; deliver up possession of on demand or under duress: to surrender the fort to the enemy; to surrender ...

1. Is Ik Ong Kaar our enemy?
2. Are we in war with Ik Ong Kaar or with the 5 thieves that make us human?
3. Is Ik Ong Kaar is forcing us to “surrender”, the one who is Nirbhau and Nirvair?

None of the above makes sense according to Gurmat values. So, in my point of view, the word “Surrender” should be eliminated from the literal translations and be substituted with words like: offer oneself to become a good student-Sikh, shed me-ism, sprout like a lotus from the self-created muck. Members can add their own words according to their own understanding.
I understand that some would check the best dictionary in the world called Wkipedia and try to explain what it means in spiritual sense.
Sikhi values are not based on the definitions according to Wikipedia but only on Gurmat.

2. Das- This one is translated as Slave which is also demeaning to Gurbani in my opinion.

1.Slave is used 500 times in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji-Srigrang.org.
2.Slavery is used 3 times for two different words.

1.slave - definition of slave by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/slave‎
One bound in servitude as the property of a person or household. 2. One who is abjectly subservient to a specified person or influence: "I was still the slave of ...

2.Slave | Define Slave at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/slave‎
a person who is the property of and wholly subject to another; a bond servant. 2. a person entirely under the domination of some influence or person: a slave to a ...

3.Slave - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slave‎
a person held in servitude as the chattel of another. 2. : one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence. 3. : a device (as the printer of a computer) ...

We all know what slavery stands for and it had been a common practice by the Kings of India and also the invaders to sell people in the public squares as slaves. Slavery is much older in India and it was practiced long before it was practiced in the West.

Guru Nanak and all other Nanaks who followed him with the same jyot came to liberate people from tyranny and the psychological burden it created. They were totally against slavery.

Mechanical rituals are kinds of slavery of the mind which brings to naught.

Sati- A very tangible ritual is starkly sign of slavery.

Fighting against injustice what Sikhi is based on makes us The Truth Seekers- The Peace Warriors. Both these names show us that we are not slaves of anyone.

Gurbani talks about Ik Ong Kaar being our Miit-ਮੀਤ, our friend and our mate.

How can one be a slave to a friend?

Das should be translated as – A Seeker, A Student, A Learner- A Sikh

Let’s have a conversation about the way Gurbani is being distorted in literal translations and even worse, accepted by us without challenging it.

Are we surrendering our Gurmat intellect acting in this manner?

Input from all will be very fruitful.

Tejwant Singh

The idea of spiritual and physical surrender are two different things. Surrender spiritually for me, means dropping out of resistance with the flow of life, which causes anxiety or distress. This is an idea of surrender of your mind....

So, for me the idea of the five thieves plays into our ego (Haumai), when you have attachments to your ego you start to resist the flow of god into your life. Thus, when you drop out of your own conception of what your life should be, you can fully surrender to god and fall into alignment with his purpose for you.

This is the idea of hukam, is not a dictatorship or entrapment but rather it's liberation. Meaning, being liberated from wordly attachments which are transient and typically bring about more pain and distress, into a relationship with god.

For me, I can't read Punjabi, however I do understand it. The trans-literation is good entry point. But it has to be coupled with self education. With most religious texts, I predictably find the ideas are never literal. This shabad especially is surrendering of the mind. And allowing yourself to be guided by God.

Why this is a big concept is because it takes tremendous amount of faith. Full surrender to God means completely turning your mind over, with no expectations of outcomes. It's a life time practice.

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
My understanding:
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> ਟੋਡੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥[/FONT]Ttoddee Mehalaa 5 ||
Written in Raag Toddee by Guru Arjan Ji

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਆਇਓ ਸਰਣਿ ਤੁਹਾਰੀ ॥[/FONT]Sathigur Aaeiou Saran Thuhaaree ||

O Waheguru, I come to seek your support.

ਮਿਲੈ ਸੂਖੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਸੋਭਾ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਲਾਹਿ ਹਮਾਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥[/FONT]Milai Sookh Naam Har Sobhaa Chinthaa Laahi Hamaaree ||1|| Rehaao ||

Bless me by moving my worries far out of my mind (so they don’t seem like worries), belss me with the ability to live according to Gurbani. This for me is peace and splendour.

Pause and reflect here as it will help you with the rest of the shabad.

ਅਵਰ ਨ ਸੂਝੈ ਦੂਜੀ ਠਾਹਰ ਹਾਰਿ ਪਰਿਓ ਤਉ ਦੁਆਰੀ ॥[/FONT]Avar N Soojhai Dhoojee Thaahar Haar Pariou Tho Dhuaaree ||

O Ik Oankaar, I have felt the defeat of other promises of support and now come to your door.. Now I cannot consider any other but You as my guide.

ਲੇਖਾ ਛੋਡਿ ਅਲੇਖੈ ਛੂਟਹ ਹਮ ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਲੇਹੁ ਉਬਾਰੀ ॥੧॥[/FONT]Laekhaa Shhodd Alaekhai Shhootteh Ham Niragun Laehu Oubaaree ||1||

O Prabhu, we won’t keep an account or our past actions as we cannot be honourable if we are constantly keeping account. I think this is a strong indication to do the right thing as it is the right thing to do, not because we are seeking a reward. We make our own destiny by our actions and should look more forward than back. Please save me from a life without virtue/good deeds and thoughts.

ਸਦ ਬਖਸਿੰਦੁ ਸਦਾ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨਾ ਸਭਨਾ ਦੇਇ ਅਧਾਰੀ ॥[/FONT]Sadh Bakhasindh Sadhaa Miharavaanaa Sabhanaa Dhaee Adhhaaree ||

Ik Oankaar is the one to always provide blessings, always provides blessings, and provides support to each and every being. By reducing our ego and connecting to the Akaal within, this is how we access the support and mental strength that Gurbani teaches us. This is how Ik Oankaar will support us.

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਸੰਤ ਪਾਛੈ ਪਰਿਓ ਰਾਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਇਹ ਬਾਰੀ ॥੨॥੪॥੯॥[/FONT]Naanak Dhaas Santh Paashhai Pariou Raakh Laehu Eih Baaree ||2||4||9||

The servant Nanak declares, I have come under the protection of Ik Oankaar during this life and this is how I am escaping an immoral life. This is an incredibly strong reminder to focus on this life and forget about what we cannot know. Even within this life, act now and don’t leave things for later.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>PA</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]-->

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ = True Guru, Skill to get awareness of TRUTh
ਆਇਓ = come
ਸਰਣਿ = support
ਤੁਹਾਰੀ = Your

ਮਿਲੈ ਸੂਖੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਸੋਭਾ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਲਾਹਿ ਹਮਾਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥Milai Sookh Naam Har Sobhaa Chinthaa Laahi Hamaaree ||1|| Rehaao ||
ਮਿਲੈ = to find
ਸੂਖੁ = peace positivity
ਨਾਮੁ = Gurbani Realisation of Gurus Bani Word
ਹਰਿ = diamone, Ik Oankaar Evergreen TRUTH which never fades
ਸੋਭਾ = beautiful
ਚਿੰਤਾ = worries
0ਲਾਹਿ = to move far away To remove
ਹਮਾਰੀ = our

ਅਵਰ ਨ ਸੂਝੈ ਦੂਜੀ ਠਾਹਰ ਹਾਰਿ ਪਰਿਓ ਤਉ ਦੁਆਰੀ ॥Avar N Soojhai Dhoojee Thaahar Haar Pariou Tho Dhuaaree ||
ਅਵਰ = other
ਨ = not
ਸੂਝੈ = to know
ਦੂਜੀ = second
ਠਾਹਰ =place of refuge
ਹਾਰਿ = defeat
ਪਰਿਓ = beloved
ਤਉ ਦੁਆਰੀ = at your door

ਲੇਖਾ ਛੋਡਿ ਅਲੇਖੈ ਛੂਟਹ ਹਮ ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਲੇਹੁ ਉਬਾਰੀ ॥੧॥Laekhaa Shhodd Alaekhai Shhootteh Ham Niragun Laehu Oubaaree ||1||

ਲੇਖਾ = whats written, destiny MEMORY information stored by self human effort. That becomes destiny, without awareness.
For eg being follower and practitioner of system, stores information of eating particular type of food, that moving to any destination, the stored memory information is destiny, unless one delearns and relearned.

ਛੋਡਿ = leave to delearn
ਅਲੇਖੈ – that which is not written written but not by Self Effort but by default available.
ਛੂਟਹ = we can be successful Can delearn
ਹਮ =us
ਨਿਰਗੁਣ= without virtue, worthless As stored information, but not developed as virtue. It's not worthless, but having no physical attribute which can be utilized by human sense

ਲੇਹੁ ਉਬਾਰੀ = to save. INFORMATION brought to AWARENESS to transform in virtue AND PRACTICE, ie compassion, sharing etc

ਸਦ ਬਖਸਿੰਦੁ ਸਦਾ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨਾ ਸਭਨਾ ਦੇਇ ਅਧਾਰੀ ॥
Blesses to Memory System is root and foundation ie originator of thought speech and action.

Sadh Bakhasindh Sadhaa Miharavaanaa Sabhanaa Dhaee Adhhaaree ||
ਸਦ = always
ਬਖਸਿੰਦੁ = the One who blesses
ਸਦਾ = always
ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨਾ = the one who helps
ਸਭਨਾ = everyone
ਦੇਇ = to give
ਅਧਾਰੀ = support Foundation or Memory System being Origin of thought speech and physical action

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਸੰਤ ਪਾਛੈ ਪਰਿਓ ਰਾਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਇਹ ਬਾਰੀ ॥੨॥੪॥੯॥Naanak Dhaas Santh Paashhai Pariou Raakh Laehu Eih Baaree ||2||4||9||

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ = the servant Nanak
ਸੰਤ ਪਾਛੈ = under the protection of Ik Oankaar
(Aware of Everlasting TRUTH ) REFERED AS SAINT

ਰਾਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ = come under the protection of
ਇਹ ਬਾਰੀ = in this life.

Last edited:

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
O true guru I have come to your refuge to become pieceful by reciting and praising God's name; so that my worries are eliminated. I cannot find anyother such place; finally I came to your door. Forgive me and bestow salvation to me without checking written or unwritten account; please protect me the virtuless. You are kind and forgive everyone and take care of all. Nanak the servant is at your refuge O saint; please save me this time.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
O true guru I have come to your refuge to become pieceful by reciting and praising God's name; so that my worries are eliminated. I cannot find anyother such place; finally I came to your door. Forgive me and bestow salvation to me without checking written or unwritten account; please protect me the virtuless. You are kind and forgive everyone and take care of all. Nanak the servant is at your refuge O saint; please save me this time.
Sat Sri Akaal,

One has to request Creator of OWN MIND, ie MEMORY system, to give a connect to TRUTH, which can make delearn vices and acquire learning of virtues. Now I am aware of everlasting TRUTH, help to do remake up of MIND, within this life for virtues.

Forgive Me, for the Memory Store given by Nature, I have stored materialistic informations, and never make connect with Everlasting TRUTH to lead life.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Even after awareness to delearn and remake up MIND is very very difficult at later stages of life, with that spirit it is request for remake up.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: