• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Lakh Khushiyan Patshaiyan | ਲਖ ਖੁਸੀਆ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੀਆ ਜੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰੇਇ

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Everyone knows that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the Guru, final one, only one, everlasting one. We should also know that in the shabads Satguru is a written and spoken reality.

One excellent thing about SGGS, among many excellent things, is that SGGS is not human. A human would want worship of some kind. The important thing is to LIVE SGGS.

I hope we do not divert the thread in a discussion of whether Guru in the form of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is equivalent to Satguru, or whether Satguru, as spoken by the Nanaks in the hymns of the Aad Granth, is something else. If so, we are looking toward complicated discussions. They will derail the thread and should be discussed on a different thread. Try to stick with translation of the shabad of this week.

Aug 28, 2010
I would like to add the following points for consideration

ਲਖ........its meaning should be taken as Many Lacs as the word is Plural.

ਥੋਕ .......Its meaning should be taken as In Abundance.

ਇਕੁ ......Is the reference for EKANKAARu and is for Prabhu Abinaasee.

ਸਚਾ ਸਬਦੁ..... True Word GuROO(The WORD)

Prakash.S.Bagga

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
ਸਭੇ ਥੋਕ ਪਰਾਪਤੇ ਜੇ ਆਵੈ ਇਕੁ ਹਥਿ ॥ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਸਫਲੁ ਹੈ ਜੇ ਸਚਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਕਥਿ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਮਹਲੁ ਪਰਾਪਤੇ ਜਿਸੁ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੋਵੈ ਮਥਿ ॥੧॥

When I realise the connection to the One, I obtain everything. This precious human life becomes successful/worthwhile when immersing yourself in the lifestyle of a Gurmukh. Ik Oankaar’s true palace is the person who makes this their destiny.

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਏਕਸ ਸਿਉ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇ ॥ ਏਕਸ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਭ ਧੰਧੁ ਹੈ ਸਭ ਮਿਥਿਆ ਮੋਹੁ ਮਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
O my mind! Only keep focused on Ik Oankaar. Without devotion to Ik Oankaar, the daily running around of life becomes a net entangling us. The greed of maya is false.

ਰਹਾਉ = stop here, contemplate and reflect on the shabad so far, especially the last 2 lines as this is the key for the whole shabad. This should also be the name of the shabad rather than the popular name of Lakh khushiyan patshayan.

ਲਖ ਖੁਸੀਆ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੀਆ ਜੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰੇਇ ॥ ਨਿਮਖ ਏਕ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੇਇ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਸੀਤਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਜਿਸ ਕਉ ਪੂਰਬਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਤਿਨਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਚਰਨ ਗਹੇ ॥੨॥

If Waheguru blesses me (i.e. if I make the effort to live as a Gurmukh), I will consider that I have obtained much happiness. When I understand the full meaning of name even for a moment, my mind and body become peaceful. That person takes the support of Ik Oankaar who has a good heart, good intentions, i.e. has performed good deeds so far so making effort to live a truthful life.

ਸਫਲ ਮੂਰਤੁ ਸਫਲਾ ਘੜੀ ਜਿਤੁ ਸਚੇ ਨਾਲਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥ ਦੂਖੁ ਸੰਤਾਪੁ ਨ ਲਗਈ ਜਿਸੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਧਾਰੁ ॥ ਬਾਹ ਪਕੜਿ ਗੁਰਿ ਕਾਢਿਆ ਸੋਈ ਉਤਰਿਆ ਪਾਰਿ ॥੩॥

Fruitful is the moment, and consider successful the time spent in love with the Creator. The person who uses Ik Oankaar as their support (rather than someone who has to be feared or pleased), does not feel sorrow or suffering. This means they can tolerate it rather than hardships won’t come in their way. We only have to look at our history to understand this. The person who takes hold of the hand of the Guru (by reading Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) is helped to live life (cross the world ocean).

ਥਾਨੁ ਸੁਹਾਵਾ ਪਵਿਤੁ ਹੈ ਜਿਥੈ ਸੰਤ ਸਭਾ ॥ ਢੋਈ ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਨੋ ਮਿਲੈ ਜਿਨਿ ਪੂਰਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਲਭਾ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਬਧਾ ਘਰੁ ਤਹਾਂ ਜਿਥੈ ਮਿਰਤੁ ਨ ਜਨਮੁ ਜਰਾ ॥੪॥੬॥੭੬॥

The place where the Sadh Sangat (Ik Oankaar) is, that place is beautiful (i.e. everywhere, not just Gurdwara). The person who finds Ik Oankaar in themself (sadh sangat) beomes whole and has support. Says Nanak, that person makes that mind their permanent place of residency. There is no death of the soul there, there is no fear of spiritual death and rebirth there, the spiritual person never becomes weak there.

This shabad is about spirituality and using that as a support to survive anything that life throws at us. It is therefore really sad that we use this shabad for the complete opposite purpose, to wish for material gain. Next time you request this shabad, please think carefully about why you want to hear it and what it speaks to you...

sikhi spirit

SPNer
Jan 11, 2011
my mind needs to be connected to Ek Onkar?
Gur Fateh ji

I am a new user of this website, hence the late posting.
Thank you veer Ji for bringing this shabad to the focus and introducing this wonderful technique.

This is what I understand is the main essence of this shabad. We can obtain all materialistic objects if we can understand the meaning of ONE. Our life can be successful if we can understand the Guru's instruction. But even this understanding can only be obtained if it is pre-ordained. The line before Rahao is an instruction to the mind to keep focused on the ONE. So, I understand that once we have understood the meaning of ONE, such contentment would be obtained that all around us will be blissful happiness, but even that understanding is obtained with Satguru's Kirpa.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Focus is on Charan Gahe,

ਨਿਮਖ ਏਕ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੇਇ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਸੀਤਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥

If one gets iota of glimpse if ONEs inherited of that everlasting TRUTH.

ਜਿਸ ਕਉ ਪੂਰਬਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਤਿਨਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਚਰਨ ਗਹੇ ॥੨॥
जिस कउ पूरबि लिखिआ तिनि सतिगुर चरन गहे ॥२॥
Jis ka▫o pūrab likẖi▫ā ṯin saṯgur cẖaran gahe. ||2||
Those who have such pre-ordained destiny hold tight to the Feet of the True Guru. ||2||

Those who get aware of the scrib prewritten or inherited.
CHARAN GAHE Walk on the foot steps to get the skill of Inner Awarness TRUTH.

Gahe Going or Have Gone

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM