• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Artee (Kaisi Arti Hoe) | ਕੈਸੀ ਆਰਤੀ ਹੋਇ

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Shabad Artee appears on Ang 13 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The translation in blue font is by Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa. Please see the vichaar of respected forum moderator findingmyway ji 3 posts ahead. spnadmin

ਰਾਗੁ ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥
gagan.jpg

Rāg ḏẖanāsrī mėhlā 1.
Raag Dhanaasree, First Mehl:

ਗਗਨ ਮੈ ਥਾਲੁ ਰਵਿ ਚੰਦੁ ਦੀਪਕ ਬਨੇ ਤਾਰਿਕਾ ਮੰਡਲ ਜਨਕ ਮੋਤੀ ॥
Gagan mai thāl rav cẖanḏ ḏīpak bane ṯārikā mandal janak moṯī.
Upon that cosmic plate of the sky, the sun and the moon are the lamps. The stars and their orbs are the studded pearls.

ਧੂਪੁ ਮਲਆਨਲੋ ਪਵਣੁ ਚਵਰੋ ਕਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਬਨਰਾਇ ਫੂਲੰਤ ਜੋਤੀ ॥੧॥
Ḏẖūp mal▫ānlo pavaṇ cẖavro kare sagal banrā▫e fūlanṯ joṯī. ||1||
The fragrance of sandalwood in the air is the temple incense, and the wind is the fan. All the plants of the world are the altar flowers in offering to You, O Luminous Lord. ||1||

ਕੈਸੀ ਆਰਤੀ ਹੋਇ ॥
Kaisī ārṯī ho▫e.
What a beautiful Aartee, lamp-lit worship service this is!

ਭਵ ਖੰਡਨਾ ਤੇਰੀ ਆਰਤੀ ॥
Bẖav kẖandnā ṯerī ārṯī.
O Destroyer of Fear, this is Your Ceremony of Light.

ਅਨਹਤਾ ਸਬਦ ਵਾਜੰਤ ਭੇਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Anhaṯā sabaḏ vājanṯ bẖerī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
The Unstruck Sound-current of the Shabad is the vibration of the temple drums. ||1||Pause||

ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਨੈਨ ਨਨ ਨੈਨ ਹਹਿ ਤੋਹਿ ਕਉ ਸਹਸ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਨਨਾ ਏਕ ਤਹੀ ॥
Sahas ṯav nain nan nain hėh ṯohi ka▫o sahas mūraṯ nanā ek ṯohī.
You have thousands of eyes, and yet You have no eyes. You have thousands of forms, and yet You do not have even one.

ਸਹਸ ਪਦ ਬਿਮਲ ਨਨ ਏਕ ਪਦ ਗੰਧ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਗੰਧ ਇਵ ਚਲਤ ਮੋਹੀ ॥੨॥
Sahas paḏ bimal nan ek paḏ ganḏẖ bin sahas ṯav ganḏẖ iv cẖalaṯ mohī. ||2||
You have thousands of Lotus Feet, and yet You do not have even one foot. You have no nose, but you have thousands of noses. This Play of Yours entrances me. ||2||

ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਹੈ ਸੋਇ ॥
Sabẖ mėh joṯ joṯ hai so▫e.
Amongst all is the Light-You are that Light.

ਤਿਸ ਦੈ ਚਾਨਣਿ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਚਾਨਣੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
Ŧis ḏai cẖānaṇ sabẖ mėh cẖānaṇ ho▫e.
By this Illumination, that Light is radiant within all.

ਗੁਰ ਸਾਖੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
Gur sākẖī joṯ pargat ho▫e.
Through the Guru's Teachings, the Light shines forth.

ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੁ ਆਰਤੀ ਹੋਇ ॥੩॥
Jo ṯis bẖāvai so ārṯī ho▫e. ||3||
That which is pleasing to Him is the lamp-lit worship service. ||3||

ਹਰਿ ਚਰਣ ਕਵਲ ਮਕਰੰਦ ਲੋਭਿਤ ਮਨੋ ਅਨਦਿਨ ਮੋਹਿ ਆਹੀ ਪਿਆਸਾ ॥
Har cẖaraṇ kaval makranḏ lobẖiṯ mano anḏino mohi āhī pi▫āsā.
My mind is enticed by the honey-sweet Lotus Feet of the Lord. Day and night, I thirst for them.

ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਜਲੁ ਦੇਹਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਰਿੰਗ ਕਉ ਹੋਇ ਜਾ ਤੇ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਇ ਵਾਸਾ ॥੪॥੩॥
Kirpā jal ḏėh Nānak sāring ka▫o ho▫e jā ṯe ṯerai nā▫e vāsā. ||4||3||
Bestow the Water of Your Mercy upon Nanak, the thirsty song-bird, so that he may come to dwell in Your Name. ||4||3||

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Interesting notes from the blog of Rawel Singh on Shabad Artee:

This composition called Aarti has a history. When Guru Nanak went to Jaganathpuri in Orissa, India, the priest at the temple asked Guru Nanak to participate in the Aarti. Arti is a song in praise of the deity. It is performed by waving a salver with lamps, incense, flowers and money or other offerings in it. Guru Nanak agreed but when the priests offered Aarti he stood absorbed in some thing. When asked he said he offered Aarti thus:

Veer Rawel ji has this translation of the composition.

ਗਗਨ ਮੈ ਥਾਲੁ ਰਵਿ ਚੰਦੁ ਦੀਪਕ ਬਨੇ ਤਾਰਿਕਾ ਮੰਡਲ ਜਨਕ ਮੋਤੀ ॥ ਧੂਪੁ ਮਲਆਨਲੋ ਪਵਣੁ ਚਵਰੋ ਕਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਬਨਰਾਇ ਫੂਲੰਤ ਜੋਤੀ ॥੧॥
Gagan mai thāl rav cẖanḏ ḏīpak bane ṯārikā mandal janak moṯī. Ḏẖūp mal▫ānlo pavaṇ cẖavro kare sagal banrā▫e fūlanṯ joṯī. ||1||

The (Gagan=) sky is the salver, the sun and moon are the lamps, the galaxies of stars are the jewels;
The natural fragrance of sandalwood is the incense while the wind is the swat/fan, the entire vegetation are the flowers. 1.

ਕੈਸੀ ਆਰਤੀ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਭਵ ਖੰਡਨਾ ਤੇਰੀ ਆਰਤੀ ॥ ਅਨਹਤਾ ਸਬਦ ਵਾਜੰਤ ਭੇਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Kaisī ārṯī ho▫e. Bẖav kẖandnā ṯerī ārṯī. Anhaṯā sabaḏ vājanṯ bẖerī. ||1|| rahā▫o.

It is amazing how Your Aarti is being done O’ banisher of reincarnation;
The celestial sounds and drums are being continuously played. 1.
Pause and contemplate.

ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਨੈਨ ਨਨ ਨੈਨ ਹਹਿ ਤੋਹਿ ਕਉ ਸਹਸ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਨਨਾ ਏਕ ਤੋਹੀ ॥ਸਹਸ ਪਦ ਬਿਮਲ ਨਨ ਏਕ ਪਦ ਗੰਧ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਗੰਧ ਇਵ ਚਲਤ ਮੋਹੀ ॥੨॥
Sahas ṯav nain nan nain hėh ṯohi ka▫o sahas mūraṯ nanā ek ṯohī.
Sahas paḏ bimal nan ek paḏ ganḏẖ bin sahas ṯav ganḏẖ iv cẖalaṯ mohī. ||2||

You have thousands of eyes but none, thousands of forms and but are still formless;
You have thousands of feet but none, thousands of noses but none;
I am fascinated by Your play. 2.

Note*: The significance of the above is that the Creator sees every thing, is present every where, has reach every where, enjoys the nature but the mortals are not aware.

ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਹੈ ਸੋਇ ॥ ਤਿਸ ਦੈ ਚਾਨਣਿ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਚਾਨਣੁ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਸਾਖੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੁ ਆਰਤੀ ਹੋਇ ॥੩॥
Sabẖ mėh joṯ joṯ hai so▫e. Ŧis ḏai cẖānaṇ sabẖ mėh cẖānaṇ ho▫e. Gur sākẖī joṯ pargat ho▫e. Jo ṯis bẖāvai so ārṯī ho▫e. ||3||

The souls in all bodies are like rays from one light source;

This light source manifests through the guru’s teachings;
The real Aarti is performed if we act such as pleases the Divine. 3.

The above description is enchanting and produces a yearning for the Divine. Guru Nanak uses two examples in nature to describe this. The bumble bee reaches out to the lotus flower to draw syrup and the rain bird always yearns for the drop of rain.

ਹਰਿ ਚਰਣ ਕਵਲ ਮਕਰੰਦ ਲੋਭਿਤ ਮਨੋ ਅਨਦਿਨ ਮੋਹਿ ਆਹੀ ਪਿਆਸਾ ॥ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਜਲੁ ਦੇਹਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਰਿੰਗ ਕਉ ਹੋਇ ਜਾ ਤੇ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਇ ਵਾਸਾ ॥੪॥੩॥
Har cẖaraṇ kaval makranḏ lobẖiṯ mano anḏino mohi āhī pi▫āsā. Kirpā jal ḏėh Nānak sāring ka▫o ho▫e jā ṯe ṯerai nā▫e vāsā. ||4||3||

I crave for the sweet company of Your lotus feet, I for ever yearn for that;
Please show compassion and grant water to this rain bird; so that it for ever remains absorbed in Your N aam (remembering virtues). 4. 3.

http://www.sadhsangat.com/Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji-pages-12-13-sohila/

Last edited:

ZaraONE

SPNer
Jul 26, 2010
Many think over while reading and singing, but only one among millions understands and reads between the lines.
Bhai Gurdas – Vaar 1 – Sikh Poet

"You have thousands of Lotus Feet, and yet You do not have even one foot. You have no nose, but you have thousands of noses. This Play of Yours entrances me."

This is a beautiful Shabad, one that I have loved from the beginning because it breaks through boundaries of four walls and embraces all things - seen and unseen and the comical nature of reality.

When our consciousness soars to "connecting with the whole intelligence" then the Intelligence begins to "reveal itself" IN the Creation. We all have inner gifts. These will be activated at the right time. Then we simply record and share what we "experience." Isn't that what Guru teaches? Share with all?

Why wander around, and why go searching, when the Guru’s Shabad
(Wisdom Word/Logos Energy) reveals Him to us?

Guru Granth Sahib – Ang 419

Make the love of the Lord your pen, and let your consciousness be the scribe.
Then, seek the Guru’s (inner silent teacher) instructions, and record these deliberations.
Guru Granth Sahib – 16

There is ONE awareness among all created beings.
Guru Granth Sahib – 1407

When ONE awareness comes alive, then even the words and letters we write, become ONE United Universe "speaking to each of us." I began to notice how funny word play was happening in marketing and sales ads. T-shirts with logos (Greek for Naam, Word). The Universal Intelligence is revealing itself to all of us if we choose to listen and watch the silent partner in action (movement of energy streams.)

One whose spiritual vision is awakened – his doubt is driven out.
Guru Granth Sahib – 1019

Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.

Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.

All things connect.
Chief Seattle – Native Indian Duwamish Tribe

As one thread holds hundreds and thousands of beads, ONE is woven into the creation.
Guru Granth Sahib – 485

So what are the "dot connections" and "thread" that bind us all together in the Universe? How can we begin to "experience" the Universe in a way that will make sense to this time and age? Vigilance and observing our thoughts to see what unfolds via focus. The WAY of 1st find a starting point then follow it without doubt came to my heart and mind. We could start with alphabets of the world. The letters we type on our keyboard. They are atoms, pulsating energy like the Universe stars but they too are ALIVE just like the arti of the wind and flowers. All languages are 1 united intelligence. But is is the sound vibrations that matter and the feelings/emotions they give rise to which resonate within us all.

From this Primal Void, came the four sources of creation, and the power of speech.
The Supreme Creator created the play of Nature; through the
Word of Shabad (energy sound speech), ONE stages the Wondrous Show.
Guru Granth Sahib – 1037

Riddles are mentioned in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji so we will "get" the unfolding of the new at the right time. Why was I not shown the spiritual path until I was 40 and after mum passing? It was not the right time because the lessons had to be learned from which I would then grow and become fresh and new to bounce off to another platform of learning while still alive.

Here is a verse with a three-fold play on words.
In the home of the grocer there is asafoetida; on the forehead of the buffalo there are horns. In the temple of Shiva there are lingams. So here they are: hing, sing, ling.
Guru Granth Sahib 718

Rudyard KipLING
WasHINGton
AVIS is a car company, read it backward ... Bol Siva ... !

Within all writing are hints and clues. The ONE United Intelligence revealing more about a particular event. A revealing we are not alone the Creator is WITHIN its creation watching, acting and PLAYING - hidden behind the curtain/veil.

The riddles and hints are given, and she sees them with her eyes.
Guru Granth Sahib – 217

Here is a recent article this group may find of interest as it relates to the Universe and planet searches. Please watch/read them, you will be pleasantly "surprised" on the WAY of the Universe and the love that is pouring in from all 4 corners trying to grab our attention to take action in our own lives now, however we are IN-spired to do so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21340274

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22022380
Scientist finds HINTS of Dark Matter
Journalist: David Sukhman (Da Vid (vid means to knowledge) Sukh (peace) Man (mind)

Dr Chamkaur Ghag is the scientist interviewed in 2nd video ... when I noticed Ghag which was my mother/fathers home village in India, I knew something was being revealed. I called the chap up and he lives in Gillingham, Kent .. Gil-LING-Ham ... Gil is of fish (matsaya) LING (mark/sign) Ham (Am!) He might not get my message, that does not matter, as long as I get it! I lived in Kent before moving to Ontario, Canada. He knew my mum and dad's family side. Coincidence not really look at HIS name Chamkaur! We all know what happened there correct? He said he was named after the event.

Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn’t come here. Well, it can’t hide forever – one day we will overhear it.Arthur C. Clarke
Author, Inventor and Futurist Proposed Idea of Satellite Communications

Have been following physics activities at CERN, then realized the colorful word game in media. Remember read between the lines to get it! Read English words in mother tongue so Matter becomes (mater or mother!) Darkside 50 mentioned in article is Kal Siddhi 50 ... what is a 50 in Sikhism and location of that item? Subterranean (Sub terra nian) all is they Name! Gurbani is phonetics, learn to read the world as such in ANY language my consciousness was tuned to "read words in mother tongue Punjabi" to understand.

1400M is mentioned in article. When we understand Guru Nanak's Patti Likhi (Poem of the Alphabet on Ang 432) there is no doubt about the world events unfolding as the clues/answers are "within" the events when we see only 1 intelligence operating the Pen (Nanak likhia naal.)

Letter M

"As long as the body is alive, he reads other things, and forgets the letter 'm', which stands for marnaa - death." 1400 Ang speaks of Kaliyuga (death) which must happen to bring in the New and Change. Each age is fresh and new. Embracing all things brings in fresh insight and understanding to Co-Create the new as we see necessary.

(S) Sassa: He who created the world, is the One Lord and Master of all.
(Note James Bond is mentioned in article.) Look at the videos for the UK Olympic Opening Games and the letter S was emblazoned in the grand events. Lots of newspaper/media print art was used ... why? So we can understand how the Universe is speaking to us through words/letters. Playfulness is the natural way of knowing our inner being. All entities are United in the Universe. Isaac Newton's birth place has two SS on the outside of his house ... Sassa Sahib team.

http://www.searchgurbani.com/guru_granth_sahib/ang/1400

"The All-powerful Guru is the Boat to carry us across in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. Hearing the Word of His Shabad, we are transported into Samaadhi."

Here is an article this group may find of interest as it relates to the Universe and planet searches. Remember read between the lines to get it! Read English words in mother tongue so Matter becomes (mater or mother!) Darkside 50 mentioned in article is Kal Siddhi 50 ... what is a 50 in Sikhism and location of that item? Subterranean (Sub terra nian) all is they Name!

Playful is the Creator of the Universe
My Creator is Wondrous and Playful.
Guru Granth Sahib – 174

Gran Sasso (saas (breath) so) is in Italy. Look at the map surrounding the area to get a hint of the energies playing behind the "movie screen curtain" ... it is all pure play now. Feel the inner intelligence reveal the meaning of all things. Nothing is good or bad it is what it is. Become and Feel the love and well being as it magnifies outward to all things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Sasso_d'Italia

Gran Sasso mountain, the highest peak in the Apennines (A Pen Nines!) Corno Grande (Kaur, Core, Kau, Kur ... also means Mountain and HEART in my new uncovering) Grand Heart is Pen Nine. Calderone (Kal (creativity) Dar (door) One) Glasier. Read below quote from article ... "entrance concealed behind steel door!" Those that understand the Sikh Guru's style will read between the lines and understand these words.

"It's buried under the highest peak of Italy's Gran Sasso mountain range; the entrance concealed behind a colossal steel door found halfway along a tunnel that cuts through the mountain."

"Dr Chamkaur Ghag, a particle physicist from University College London, explains: "We think it is in the form of a particle."

Coordinates begins at 42 degrees ... which Sikh Guru was this age? This number is personally connected to my own family we lived at number 42 in England. All things are "connected" when we expand our perception of understanding the dots connect.

When the inner gifts activate you just know the meaning of things, however odd or weird they may appear to the rational mind.

You have formed and created this play, this great game.
O Waahay Guru, this is all You, forever.
Guru Granth Sahib – Ang 1403

The ONE Creator has set this Play in Motion
Guru Granth Sahib – 117

The Infinite One is pervading among all.
The Guru’s Word is revealed in the world.
He transformed me, the fool, into a fine speaker,
And He made the unconscious become conscious.
Guru Granth Sahib – Ang 177

Hope this sharing illuminates but more importantly EMPOWERS you all to simply focus and notice that which unfolds so naturally as a leaf blowing in the winds. Guru say's one leaf can not move beyond Hukam, so I choose to watch the unfolding of the fun and then take actions on my new inspirations of Creativity for this time and age.

More "experiential" on my site if any interest: www.unitedstarminds.com

Blessings to all.
Citizen of the Universe - Mandip

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
The Hindu ritual of aarti is performed at all pujas and ceremonies. It is a song of love and devotion. Aarti is performed with a specific tray with ingredients. The tray is made from silver, bronze or copper. It contains a lamp (diya) made of kneaded flour, mud or metal and filled with oil or ghee and cotton wicks. This represents the sacred fire. Flowers represent the earth, water and a handkerchief represent water, and a pea{censored} fan represents air and movement. Incense represents a pure state of mind. The aarti tray is rotated around a deity and hymns are sung.

Interpretation of Shabad Artee in blue font.

Guru Nanak Ji gave aarti a new meaning. He said we should consider the whole sky to be the aarti tray. The sun and moon are lamps in that tray. The stars in the sky are equivalent to precious pearls in that tray. Consider the wind blowing across sandalwood trees as the true incense, which is fanned by the breeze. All the plants and trees of the world are providing flowers for the true aarti created by Ik Oankaar. How beautiful the true aarti is! The one who gives life, has created the ultimate aarti. Nature provides the drum beat (sounds of nature) to accompany the natural aarti, in which all life is submerged. (Central point so reflect on this.) As Ik Oankaar is present in all beings, she has thousands of eyes but Ik Oankaar is also without form so has no eyes. Ik Oankaar has thousands of forms/faces, yet no face. You have a thousand feet and yet have no feet. You have a thousand noses and yet have no nose. This uncomprehending creation is mindbowing! It is the same Creator who is present in each and every life. Each life is illuminated by the same light from that Creator, i.e. we are all linked to each other as the Creator is present in us all. We can only understand/harness this knowledge with the help of the Guru’s teachings. Devotion should be shown by following the Guru’s hukam-that is the true aarti. I crave the blessing from all your lotus FEET (notice the plural here-this is significant) and pollen from your flowers of knowledge. I am thirsty for the sweetness of the nectar you provide (nature). Nanak sings like a song bird does for rain, asking for Ik Oankaar’s blessing, so we may remain absorbed in Bani and Waheguru’s greatness always.

So what does this mean for us and our life? I have seen several Sikhs performing arti around people, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and people. This shabad shows why that is wrong.

Vichaar of Shabad Artee

On a basic level, the ritual of aarti to a deity or idol or person is pointless when Ik Oankaar has created the most wonderful aarti in nature. Empty rituals don’t ‘please God’. Everything we do has a reason, e.g. covering the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji at night protects it from damage. The only way to ‘please God’ is by living according to the Guru’s instructions. Therefore working off feelings is not sufficient. Study of Gurbani is vital. I write please God in quotation marks as that is not really the aim of life, but that is the aim of aarti. It is a futile aim as what could possibly more stunning than creation? Instead our energy should be on being good Gurmukhs for the purpose of not pleasing anyone but doing the right thing.

Next big lesson is to see Waheguru in all. Only then can equality, courtesy, acceptance, understanding and respect be achieved. Considering world events, this is more important than ever! Until we understand the concept of Ik Oankaar being ever present and formless at the sametime, it will be impossible to even try and tackle our prejudices and ego.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>PA</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]-->

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
findingmyway ji

Welcome back from your recent course.

I know that we are expected to see the Creator in all and be respectful of other religions. However, it saddens me when I see Sighnis of prominence in the panth, from both US and India, doing artee of Ganesh in mandirs, and puja of Shiva lingam. The sight makes me wilt. I think back on the Gurus and shaheedyan who shed blood to defend the panth and to protect religious freedom of others and wonder if that is how it is all supposed to turn out.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
my poem
ਆਰਤੀ

ਇਕ ਪਾਹਣ ਪੱਥਰ ਪੂਜਦੇ, ਦੋਇ ਪੂਜੈ ਬੁੱਤ ਬਣਾਇ

ਡਾਲੀਓਂ ਫੁੱਤ ਤੋੜ ਕੈ ਮਾਲਣ, ਜਾਇ ਬਾਜ਼ਾਰ ਵਿਕਾਇ

ਬੁੱਤ ਪਾਖੰਡੀ ਪੂਜਦੇ, ਹਾਰ ਬਣਾਇ ਮੋਇ ਗਲ ਪਾਇ

ਜੀਵਤ ਮਾਰੈ ਮੁਰਦੇ ਪੂਜੈ, ਸਾ ਪੂਜਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਨਹਿੰ ਭਾਇ

ਚਿੱਤ ਚੈਨ ਟੋਲੈ ਬੁੱਤ ਨ ਬੋਲੈ, ਸਾ ਘਾਲ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਾਇ

ਰਾਤੀਂ ਦੀਵੇ ਬਾਲੀਅਨ, ਥਾਲੀ ਵਿਚ ਚਰਾਗ ਜਲਾਇ