• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Science And Sikhism

Dimitri

SPNer
May 4, 2006
The amount of science mentioned in Guru Granth is simply phenominal.
This research paper is a very indepth study of prominent theories about creation of Universe, Life, matter, etc and how they are in sync with Guru Granth Saheb.

http://www.sikhs.wellington.net.nz/Sikh_Religion.pdf

I request members to read it and discuss their views.
Her are some of my fav quotes.

There are earts beyond earths, beyond earths (AGGS P3)
There are skies above skies and earths below earths. Human mind gets tired of search. All knowledge simply points to the one fact that there is no end of vastness (AGGS P5)

There are numerous suns, moons and other galaxies (AGGS P7)

Many millions are the winds, waters and fires. Many millions are the countries and realms of the universe. many millions are the moons and suns. many millons are the fields of creation and the galaxies. many millions are the skies and the solar systems (AGGS P276)

God has established his stocks and stores in Many Worlds. He has replenished them once and for all so that the supplies never run out (AGGS p7).
I see none as great a giver as you. O great giver you give in charity to the beings of all the continents, worlds, solar systems, nether regions and universes (AGGS P549)

There are worlds upon worlds of His Creation. As He commands so they exist. He watches over all, and contemplating the creation, he rejoices. o Nanak, to describe thie is as hard as steel (AGGS P8)

In the above quotes is alien life being mentioned when Gurus talk about worlds, solar systems? The following quotes make it further clear.

Many solar systems, many galaxies. Many forms, colours and celestial realms. many gardens, many fruits and roots. he himself is mind, and He Himself is matter. many ages. days and nights. Many apocalypses, many creations. Many beings are in His name. The lord is perfectly pervading all places (AGGS P1236).

----------------------------------------

Dimitri

SPNer
May 4, 2006
The foundation of anything that exists in the universe, be it living non living is the Atom. The sub atomic particles have only been recently discovered. Electrons moving around the nucleus, scientists discovered this in last 100yrs or so. This had already been mentioned in Guru Granth -

Even if the mortal could reduce himself to the size of an electron and shoot through the worlds and realms in the blinking of an eye, O Nanak, without the guidance of a Holy Saint he shall not be saved. P1360

Whatever is in the Universe is also in the matter. Only researchers understand this. P695

Jan 30, 2005
I would request you to refer to Guru Sahib as Guru Granth Sahib Ji and write Ang not page as Guru Sahib is not a book. Good information.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Recently I came across an article by Prof Inder Singh Ghagga which has many many details about this aspect of Gurbani. Akashdeep may like to translate that for readers who do not know Punjabi :)

Regards.

Jun 14, 2004
London
The amount of science mentioned in Guru Granth is simply phenominal.
This research paper is a very indepth study of prominent theories about creation of Universe, Life, matter, etc and how they are in sync with Guru Granth Saheb.

http://www.sikhs.wellington.net.nz/Sikh_Religion.pdf

I request members to read it and discuss their views.
Her are some of my fav quotes.

There are earts beyond earths, beyond earths (AGGS P3)
There are skies above skies and earths below earths. Human mind gets tired of search. All knowledge simply points to the one fact that there is no end of vastness (AGGS P5)

There are numerous suns, moons and other galaxies (AGGS P7)

Many millions are the winds, waters and fires. Many millions are the countries and realms of the universe. many millions are the moons and suns. many millons are the fields of creation and the galaxies. many millions are the skies and the solar systems (AGGS P276)

God has established his stocks and stores in Many Worlds. He has replenished them once and for all so that the supplies never run out (AGGS p7).
I see none as great a giver as you. O great giver you give in charity to the beings of all the continents, worlds, solar systems, nether regions and universes (AGGS P549)

There are worlds upon worlds of His Creation. As He commands so they exist. He watches over all, and contemplating the creation, he rejoices. o Nanak, to describe thie is as hard as steel (AGGS P8)

In the above quotes is alien life being mentioned when Gurus talk about worlds, solar systems? The following quotes make it further clear.

Many solar systems, many galaxies. Many forms, colours and celestial realms. many gardens, many fruits and roots. he himself is mind, and He Himself is matter. many ages. days and nights. Many apocalypses, many creations. Many beings are in His name. The lord is perfectly pervading all places (AGGS P1236).

AND TO PROVE ALL THE QUOTES, WE HAVE SCIENCE SPEKAING FOR ITSELF. PLEASE WATCH THE SHORT ANIMATION OF THE UNIVERSE BELOW

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED....PLUS IT FUN TO WATCH ...LOL

http://www.spikedhumor.com/player/F....com/65127/en_vs_in_v2.flv&item=1&timestamp=1

Dimitri

SPNer
May 4, 2006
Death of the Universe is an intriguing topic in the scientific world. There are numerous theories. Stephen Hawkins proposes collision of tow black holes may bring the end of universe. He also predicts that at some stage all matter will end up in Black hole, it will be converted to radiation and the universe will disappear altogether. Einstein has stated - The sun is slowly but surely burning out, the stars are dying ambers, and everywhere in the universe the cosmic heat I turning into cold, the matter is dissolving into radiation and energy is being dissipated into empty space. The universe is thus progressing to an ultimate heat death and there is no way of avoiding this destiny.

Guru Granth Saheb Ji also contains views on the death of the Universe.

He has unfolded the universe in many ways. He has expanded it umpteen times. Only the Lord himself is immortal. All the continents, nether worlds, islands and worlds – God himself has made them all subject to death. The one imperishable Lord himself is unmoving and unchanging. (AGGS P1076)

When He wishes to create, the world comes into existence. When He wills otherwise it is retracted into Himself. (AGGS P292)

When the Lord manifests Himself, He expands and creates worlds and life. When He contracts Himself every created thing is assimilated back into Him (Chaupai)

As the Soap Bubble on the surface of water appears and disappears, Nanak says, hear my friends this is exactly how the Universe behaves. (AGGS P1427)

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sikhism is the one and only religion that doesnt conflict with Science and has nothing to fear from new scientific facts being revealed daily....gurmatt has already "discovered and REVEALED"... these earlier....
And best of all this KNOWLEDGE is straightforward and plain words...not double speak types of ambigious words that can be "interpreted" in any way you wish..example when the "six days in Genesis" cannot possibly satisfy a normal person who can see the earth is billions of years old..then we get people saying..oh NO..these "six days" are NOT human days..but the DAYS of God whcih are Much longer than Human Days !!..or when we see that is is impossibel for the SUN to stay shining extra hours in Jericho just to ensure victory for the People of God....then we have people who say..That is not exactly what is meant..it just means..the.../??? same goes fro earth is FLAT..Earth is Centre of Universe ( this takes the cake !!)..and the Sun "sinks into a very deep well) when it "sets".....etcetc

Gyani jarnail Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Well das was talking to Umar Bhai of anti Sikh Islamic site(he is back on sikhawareness.com and awaits some online punches from Bhai Isdhillion).

While talking of sicne he was fast to say that he is n ot the man of seince.Often such guys say that why does Sikhism not have fixed legal system.

As Akal is dynmic and creations keeps on permuting and combing and newer things emrge.so as a Guru Panth we have authority to alter settings with changes ,which are unbrecedented.

We are not locked in time as psuodo Islam is stuck up in medivial age.Our God only is not bouneded by time,space or matter.

Oct 15, 2006
Recently I came across an article by Prof Inder Singh Ghagga which has many many details about this aspect of Gurbani. Akashdeep may like to translate that for readers who do not know Punjabi :)

Regards.

Veerji,

Finally, I have been able to complete the translation and have posted as a separate thread due to its long length.
You can read it here Some Scientific Truths from Gurbani

Sat Shri Akaal,
-Akashdeep Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: