• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Sarna Challenges Badals For Debate On Sikhism

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Sarna challenges Badals for debate on Sikhism
Puneet Pal Singh Gill
Tribune News Service

Ludhiana, August 29
Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) president Paramjit Singh Sarna has challenged Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to call his family on a common platform for a debate on Sikh religion.

“Let him (Badal) bring his family and I will bring mine. Badal’s family lives in India while my children and grandchildren are in the US. I can bet despite the fact that they reside in a foreign country, my family knows much more about Sikhism than his,” Sarna said.

Sarna accused SAD’s SGPC candidates of not following the principles of Sikh religion. “Many of their candidates have children who are either clean shaven or trim their beard and have hair cuts. This is shameful as these people claim to be the torchbearers of our religion. Most of Badal’s candidates cannot even recite Japji Sahib, leave aside talking about issues related to Sikh religion,” alleged Sarna.

The DSGMC chief alleged that SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar’s sons were addicted to liquor. “And if they are not, then he (Makkar) should present their medical reports, which will confirm that I am right,” he said.

Reacting to this, Makkar said Sarna was “no one to talk about his sons”. “Let him say whatever because he is in a habit of talking this way as he has already lost his mind. My sons work for the benefit of city residents and remain in office for at least 12 hours daily. Even for my election, they are working hard. Sarna should know his limits… else we also know a lot about him and his family. If he is such a daredevil and a Sikh, he should have contested the SGPC elections against me or any other Akali candidate,” Makkar said.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2011/20110830/punjab.htm#8

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Good to see mud slinging as both parties claim they have lot of mud! People in public office need to be nasty to each other because how would common folk even know anything as everyone goes back into a cocoon till the next election.

I know negative campaigning is frowned upon but for electorate feeling hopeless with choices, this might open some eyes.

Good development.

Sat Sri Akal.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Way to go Sarna ji and Makkar ji! Who doesn't like a bit of Masala!

I wouldnt be too glad to stand by in a crowd and watch my daddy and mummy throwing insults at each other...no matter who is "right" or "wrong" its my FAMILY that is the laughing stock ?? Same way i feel about these people..they are our LEADERS..their mud slinging is actually SOILING OUR CLOTHES as well....when a Fire is burning down one house and family members inside...one doesnt think of masalla...and smack ones lips...one either calls the fire brigade..attempts to put out the fire..drag out any survivors or just keeps quiet in remorse if not able to do any of the above...no one DANCES around such a fire. Its OUR SIKH INSTITUTIONS that are on FIRE....our sacred ramso rivaaj traditions etc etc are burning in this fire....the world is watching...the least we can do is ??? add more SPICES ?? hope for more masalla ?? OMG.

passingby

SPNer
Nov 20, 2010
Gyani ji, I beg your forgiveness but what I wrote was meant to be taken as sarcasm. I did not actually mean that what was happening was enjoyable, in fact I meant the directly opposite.
I apologize.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM