• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Phoolka Denies Political Affiliation With SAD, BJP

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
PATIALA : Senior lawyer H S Phoolka, who announced withdrawing from all the 1984 anti-Sikh riots cases, Saturday, has denied any political affiliation with any political party including BJP and SAD.

Talking to Punjab Newsline Network over phone from Delhi he said that Sarna has alleged that I was a political leader advisor of B.J.P and at the instance of B.J.P has raised the recent controversy.

“I am not holding any political position in B.J.P. I am neither a member of B.J.P nor Akali Dal or any other political party”, said Phoolka.

He however admitted that in 1994, when Madan Lal Khurana government came in power, I and Justice R.S.Narula were appointed as advisors to Chief Minister, Delhi and it was only related to take up 1984 Sikh Genocide Case.

“Now, I am handing many Legal cases of B.J.P leaders and that is purely my professional assignment and I am entitled to do that being a lawyer.”

He retreaited that I have always declared that any person who is in favour of the issue of punishing the guilty of 1984 Sikh Genocide is my friend and any person who is not in favour of this issue is my enemy .

He said that in my Book, I have praised Congress Leader Jagmeet Singh Brar for taking up the sikh issues despite being in Congress party and criticized Akali Leader Avtar Singh Hit.

“I am constantly taking support of Communist leader Brinda Karat, Samta Party leader Jaya Jaitley and many B.J.P leaders for Sikh Genocide Cases without their support it was not possible to rock parliament” he added.

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/phoolka-denies-political-affiliation-sad-bjp/22291

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM