• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Leisure Philosophy 101

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Subject: Philosophy 101

Birth Certificate shows that we were born

A Death Certificate shows that we died

Pictures show that we lived!

Have a seat . . . Relax . . . And read this slowly.

One may Believe in...

That just because two people argue,
it doesn't mean they don't love each other.
And just because they don't argue,
it doesn't mean they do love each other.

That we don't have to change friends if
we understand that friends change.

That no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt
you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

That true friendship continues to grow, even over
the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

That you can do something in an instant
that will give you heartache for life.

That it's taking me a long time
to become the person I want to be.

That you should always leave loved ones with
loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

That you can keep going long after you think you can't.

That we are responsible for what
we do, no matter how we feel.

That either you control your attitude or it controls you.

That heroes are the people who do what has to be done
when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

That money is a lousy way of keeping score.

That my best friend and I, can do anything, or nothing and have the best time.

That sometimes the people you expect to kick you
when you're down, will be the ones to help you get back up.

That sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry,
but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had
and what you've learned from them and less to do
with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.

sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

That no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are,
but, we are responsible for who we become.

That you shouldn't be so eager to find
out a secret. It could change your life Forever.

Two people can look at the exact same
thing and see something totally different.

That your life can be changed in a matter of
hours by people who don't even know you.

That even when you think you have no more to give, when
a friend cries out to you - you will find the strength to help.

That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

That the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.

'The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the most of everything.'
Virinder

Apr 9, 2009
More on Philosophy 101:

"Don't praise a man who is proud of his wisdom until it's known how
he employs that wisdom" - Unknown

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

Apr 9, 2009
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
[/FONT]"That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being."
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
"Human beings invent just as many ways to sabotage
their lives as to improve them." - Mark Goulston,
Get Out of Your Own Way: Overcoming
Self-Defeating Behavior, 1996

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
ਕਾਯਉ ਦੇਵਾ ਕਾਇਅਉ ਦੇਵਲ ਕਾਇਅਉ ਜੰਗਮ ਜਾਤੀ ਕਾਇਅਉ ਧੂਪ ਦੀਪ ਨਈਬੇਦਾ ਕਾਇਅਉ ਪੂਜਉ ਪਾਤੀ ਕਾਇਆ ਬਹੁ ਖੰਡ ਖੋਜਤੇ ਨਵ ਨਿਧਿ ਪਾਈ ਨਾ ਕਛੁ ਆਇਬੋ ਨਾ ਕਛੁ ਜਾਇਬੋ ਰਾਮ ਕੀ ਦੁਹਾਈ ਰਹਾਉ ਜੋ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡੇ ਸੋਈ ਪਿੰਡੇ ਜੋ ਖੋਜੈ ਸੋ ਪਾਵੈ ਪੀਪਾ ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ ਪਰਮ ਤਤੁ ਹੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਹੋਇ ਲਖਾਵੈ
Kā▫ya▫o evā kā▫i▫a▫o eval kā▫i▫a▫o jangam jāī. Kā▫i▫ā baho kand koje nav niḏẖ pā▫ī. Nā kacẖẖ ā▫ibo nā kacẖẖ jā▫ibo rām kī uhā▫ī. ||1|| rahā▫o. Jo barahmane so▫ī pinde jo kojai so pāvai. Pīpā paravai param a hai sagur ho▫e lakāvai. ||2||3||

The self is the deity, the self the temple,
The self is the tribe of the trackers who trample.
The self is the essence, light and the offering.
In the self are the flowers the devotees string. ||1||
In the continent of the self, I found the Treasures Nine.
No one is born, no one dies, says the God sublime.
Whatever is in the world is obtaining in self,
He who seeks, finds it himself.
Says Pipa, it is eternal truth,
Only the True Guru helps realize forsooth. ||2||3||
-----Bhagat Pipa, Raag Dhanasari, AGGS, Page, 695
Virinder

Apr 9, 2009
"That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being."

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]The human race is a race of cowards; and I am not only marching in
that procession but carrying a banner. - Mark Twain, "Reflections on
Being the Delight of God."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]SikhiToTheMAX - Enabling Gurmat Knowledge
[/FONT]

Apr 9, 2009
"That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being."

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]"Nature does not deceive us; it is we who deceive ourselves."
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762
[/FONT]

"The study of crime begins with the knowledge of oneself."
- Henry Miller, The Air-Conditioned Nightmare, 1945

[/FONT]

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
[/FONT] Dear Sangat Ji, [/FONT]
kindly look how Bhagat Pipa Ji expresses the presence of the Creator in all and his effort to guide us not to go stray by taking refuge in religious –rites performance but try to find Him within which is possible through the True Guru[/FONT]
[/FONT]
ਪੀਪਾ http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਪੀਪਾ[/FONT]॥[/FONT] [/FONT]ਕਾਯਉ [/FONT]ਦੇਵਾ [/FONT]ਕਾਇਅਉ [/FONT]ਦੇਵਲ [/FONT]ਕਾਇਅਉ [/FONT]ਜੰਗਮ [/FONT]ਜਾਤੀ [/FONT][/FONT]॥[/FONT] [/FONT]ਕਾਇਅਉ [/FONT]ਧੂਪ [/FONT]ਦੀਪ [/FONT]ਨਈਬੇਦਾ [/FONT]ਕਾਇਅਉ [/FONT]ਪੂਜਉ [/FONT]ਪਾਤੀ [/FONT][/FONT]॥[/FONT]੧॥ [/FONT][/FONT]
Pīpā. [/FONT]Kā▫ya▫o ḏevā kā▫i▫a▫o ḏeval kā▫i▫a▫o jangam jāṯī.[/FONT] [/FONT]Kā▫i▫a▫o ḏẖūp ḏīp na▫ībeḏā kā▫i▫a▫o pūja▫o pāṯī. ||1||[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]
In Essence: The body is my Devta and temple, this body (temple) is my pilgrimage (like Shiv- devotee’s pilgrimage). Within the body are incense, lamp, oblation and leaf –offering[/FONT]
Its Bhagat Ji’s advice is to make center of our attention Him within (to seek Him)[/FONT][/FONT]
Pipa. [/FONT]In the body, the Lord is present. The body is His temple, In the body is the place of pilgrimage, of which I am pilgrim.[/FONT] [/FONT]In the body are incense, earthen lamps and oblation, in the body is the leaf offering.[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]
ਕਾਯਉ = [/FONT]ਕਾਯਾ [/FONT]ਹੀ, [/FONT]ਕਾਇਆਂ [/FONT]ਹੀ, [/FONT]ਸਰੀਰ= Body [/FONT]ਕਾਇਅਉ = [/FONT]ਕਾਇਆ [/FONT]ਹੀ(from body। [/FONT]ਦੇਵਲ = {Skt. [/FONT]देव[/FONT]-[/FONT]आलय[/FONT]} [/FONT]ਦੇਵਾਲਾ, [/FONT]ਮੰਦਰ(Temple। [/FONT]ਜੰਗਮ = [/FONT]ਸ਼ਿਵ-[/FONT]ਉਪਾਸ਼ਕ [/FONT]ਰਮਤੇ [/FONT]ਜੋਗੀ, [/FONT]ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ [/FONT]ਨੇ [/FONT]ਸਿਰ [/FONT]ਉਤੇ [/FONT]ਮੋਰਾਂ [/FONT]ਦੇ [/FONT]ਖੰਭ [/FONT]ਬੱਧੇ [/FONT]ਹੁੰਦੇ [/FONT]ਹਨ(devotee of Shiv। [/FONT]ਜਾਤੀ = [/FONT]ਜਾਤ੍ਰੀ= traveler(of pilgrimage। [/FONT]ਨਈਬੇਦਾ = [/FONT]ਦੁੱਧ [/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਖੀਰ [/FONT]ਆਦਿਕ [/FONT]ਸੁਆਦਲੇ [/FONT]ਭੋਜਨ, [/FONT]ਜੋ [/FONT]ਮੂਰਤੀ [/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਭੇਟ [/FONT]ਕੀਤੇ [/FONT]ਜਾਣ=oblation like Kheer etc। [/FONT]ਪੂਜਉ = [/FONT]ਮੈਂ [/FONT]ਪੂਜਦਾ [/FONT]ਹਾਂ I worship। [/FONT]ਪਤੀ = [/FONT]ਪੱਤਰ ([/FONT]ਆਦਿਕ [/FONT]ਭੇਟ [/FONT]ਧਰ [/FONT]ਕੇ)= leaf(offering in worship[/FONT]।[/FONT]੧।

[/FONT]([/FONT]ਸੋ) [/FONT]ਕਾਇਆਂ ([/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਖੋਜ) [/FONT]ਹੀ [/FONT]ਮੇਰਾ [/FONT]ਦੇਵਤਾ [/FONT]ਹੈ ([/FONT]ਜਿਸ [/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਮੈਂ [/FONT]ਆਰਤੀ [/FONT]ਕਰਨੀ [/FONT]ਹੈ), [/FONT]ਸਰੀਰ ([/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਖੋਜ) [/FONT]ਹੀ [/FONT]ਮੇਰਾ [/FONT]ਮੰਦਰ [/FONT]ਹੈ ([/FONT]ਜਿਥੇ [/FONT]ਮੈਂ [/FONT]ਸਰੀਰ [/FONT]ਅੰਦਰ [/FONT]ਵੱਸਦੇ [/FONT]ਪ੍ਰਭੂ [/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਆਰਤੀ [/FONT]ਕਰਦਾ [/FONT]ਹਾਂ), [/FONT]ਕਾਇਆਂ ([/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਖੋਜ) [/FONT]ਹੀ [/FONT]ਮੈਂ [/FONT]ਜੰਗਮ [/FONT]ਅਤੇ [/FONT]ਜਾਤ੍ਰੂ [/FONT]ਲਈ ([/FONT]ਤੀਰਥ [/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਜਾਤ੍ਰਾ [/FONT]ਹੈ)[/FONT]।[/FONT] [/FONT]ਸਰੀਰ ([/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਖੋਜ) [/FONT]ਹੀ ([/FONT]ਮੇਰੇ [/FONT]ਵਾਸਤੇ [/FONT]ਮੇਰੇ [/FONT]ਅੰਦਰ [/FONT]ਵੱਸਦੇ [/FONT]ਦੇਵਤੇ [/FONT]ਲਈ)[/FONT] [/FONT]ਧੂਪ [/FONT]ਦੀਪ [/FONT]ਤੇ [/FONT]ਨੈਵੇਦ [/FONT]ਹੈ, [/FONT]ਕਾਇਆ [/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਖੋਜ ([/FONT]ਕਰ [/FONT]ਕੇ) [/FONT]ਹੀ, [/FONT]ਮੈਂ [/FONT]ਮਾਨੋ, [/FONT]ਪੱਤਰ [/FONT]ਭੇਟ [/FONT]ਰੱਖ [/FONT]ਕੇ ([/FONT]ਆਪਣੇ [/FONT]ਅੰਦਰ [/FONT]ਵੱਸਦੇ [/FONT]ਇਸ਼ਟ [/FONT]ਦੇਵ [/FONT]ਦੀ) [/FONT]ਪੂਜਾ [/FONT]ਕਰ [/FONT]ਰਿਹਾ [/FONT]ਹਾਂ।੧। [ Searching body within is my devta(of whose – God pervading within-I do Artee) its search is my temple (where I do Artee of God). Search of body is my pilgrimage as of Shiv -devotee. Search of the body is my incense and oblation and its search is like offering of flower-leaves as I am worshiping (God-within)][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
ਕਾਇਆ http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾਇਆਬਹੁ [/FONT]ਖੰਡ [/FONT]ਖੋਜਤੇ [/FONT]ਨਵ [/FONT]ਨਿਧਿ [/FONT]ਪਾਈ [/FONT][/FONT]॥[/FONT] [/FONT]ਨਾ [/FONT]ਕਛੁ [/FONT]ਆਇਬੋ [/FONT]ਨਾ [/FONT]ਕਛੁ [/FONT]ਜਾਇਬੋ [/FONT]ਰਾਮ [/FONT]ਕੀ [/FONT]ਦੁਹਾਈ [/FONT]॥[/FONT]੧॥ [/FONT]ਰਹਾਉ [/FONT][/FONT]॥[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]
Kā▫i▫ā baho kẖand kẖojṯe nav niḏẖ pā▫ī. [/FONT]Nā kacẖẖ ā▫ibo nā kacẖẖ jā▫ibo rām kī ḏuhā▫ī. ||1|| rahā▫o.[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]
In Essence:. After searching many regions, in body I have found the nine treasures. With God;s grace now(for me) neither any one comes nor goes.(pause) [/FONT]
If all is Him how He can take birth and then die? All actually is His show- creating it, ending it and recreating it. This fact is made clearer in Bhagat ji’s next Vaak.[/FONT]
I have searched many regions and it is only in the body that I have found the nine treasures. [/FONT]Since I have invoked the mercy of Lord, there is no coming and no going. Pause.[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]
ਬਹੁ ਖੰਡ = [/FONT]ਦੇਸ [/FONT]ਦੇਸਾਂਤਰ=regions। [/FONT]ਨਵ [/FONT]ਨਿਧਿ = ([/FONT]ਨਾਮ-[/FONT]ਰੂਪ) [/FONT]ਨੌ [/FONT]ਖ਼ਜ਼ਾਨੇ=nine treasues। [/FONT]ਆਇਬੋ = [/FONT]ਜੰਮੇਗਾ takes birth। [/FONT]ਜਾਇਬੋ = [/FONT]ਮਰੇਗਾ=die। [/FONT]ਦੁਹਾਈ = [/FONT]ਤੇਜ [/FONT]ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪ= Grace of divine knowledge/ positive influence।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।

[/FONT]ਦੇਸ [/FONT]ਦੇਸਾਂਤਰਾਂ [/FONT]ਨੂੰ [/FONT]ਖੋਜ [/FONT]ਕੇ ([/FONT]ਆਖ਼ਰ [/FONT]ਆਪਣੇ) [/FONT]ਸਰੀਰ [/FONT]ਦੇ [/FONT]ਅੰਦਰ [/FONT]ਹੀ [/FONT]ਮੈਂ [/FONT]ਪ੍ਰਭੂ [/FONT]ਦਾ [/FONT]ਨਾਮ-[/FONT]ਰੂਪ [/FONT]ਨੌ [/FONT]ਨਿਧੀ [/FONT]ਲੱਭ [/FONT]ਲਈ [/FONT]ਹੈ, ([/FONT]ਹੁਣ [/FONT]ਮੇਰੀ [/FONT]ਕਾਇਆਂ [/FONT]ਵਿਚ) [/FONT]ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ([/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਯਾਦ) [/FONT]ਦਾ [/FONT]ਹੀ [/FONT]ਤੇਜ-[/FONT]ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪ [/FONT]ਹੈ, ([/FONT]ਉਸ [/FONT]ਦੀ [/FONT]ਬਰਕਤਿ [/FONT]ਨਾਲ [/FONT]ਮੇਰੇ [/FONT]ਲਈ) [/FONT]ਨਾ [/FONT]ਕੁਝ [/FONT]ਜੰਮਦਾ [/FONT]ਹੈ [/FONT]ਨਾਹ [/FONT]ਮਰਦਾ [/FONT]ਹੈ ([/FONT]ਭਾਵ, [/FONT]ਮੇਰਾ [/FONT]ਜਨਮ [/FONT]ਮਰਨ [/FONT]ਮਿਟ [/FONT]ਗਿਆ [/FONT]ਹੈ)[/FONT]।[/FONT]੧।ਰਹਾਉ।[ after searching different regions(at last) I have found nine treasures of Naam of God.(now in my body) in the memory of God, His positive influence exists(because of this divine awareness) for me, neither any one comes nor goes(dies)(pause)
[/FONT]
WHY? [/FONT]
ਜੋ http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜੋਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡੇ [/FONT]ਸੋਈ [/FONT]ਪਿੰਡੇ [/FONT]ਜੋ [/FONT]ਖੋਜੈ [/FONT]ਸੋ [/FONT]ਪਾਵੈ [/FONT][/FONT]॥[/FONT] [/FONT]ਪੀਪਾ [/FONT]ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ [/FONT]ਪਰਮ [/FONT]ਤਤੁ [/FONT]ਹੈ [/FONT]ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ [/FONT]ਹੋਇ [/FONT]ਲਖਾਵੈ [/FONT][/FONT]॥[/FONT]੨॥੩॥ [/FONT][/FONT]
Jo barahmanḏe so▫ī pinde jo kẖojai so pāvai. [/FONT]Pīpā paraṇvai param ṯaṯ hai saṯgur ho▫e lakẖāvai. ||2||3||[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]
In Essence: The God, who is in the universe, is in the body, the one who searches Him, finds Him. Pipa humbly says that the true Guru shows Akalpurakh (within)[/FONT]
So there is no other than Him and this fact is made realized by True Guru as one sees Him within[/FONT]
He, who is in the universe, that also abides in the body and whoever seeks, he finds Him there. [/FONT]Prays Pipa, "The Lord is the supreme quintessence of all. When there is the True Guru, he revealeth His unto us".[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]
ਪਿੰਡੇ = ਸਰੀਰ [/FONT]ਵਿਚ=in the body। [/FONT]ਪਾਵੈ = [/FONT]ਲੱਭ [/FONT]ਲੈਂਦਾ [/FONT]ਹੈ=finds/obtain। [/FONT]ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ = [/FONT]ਬੇਨਤੀ [/FONT]ਕਰਦਾ [/FONT]ਹੈ=humbly says। [/FONT]ਪਰਮ [/FONT]ਤਤੁ = [/FONT]ਪਰਮ [/FONT]ਆਤਮਾ, [/FONT]ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ, [/FONT]ਸਭ [/FONT]ਤੋਂ [/FONT]ਵੱਡੀ [/FONT]ਅਸਲੀਅਤ, [/FONT]ਪਰਲੇ [/FONT]ਤੋਂ [/FONT]ਪਰਲਾ [/FONT]ਤੱਤ, [/FONT]ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ [/FONT]ਦਾ [/FONT]ਅਸਲ [/FONT]ਸੋਮਾ=Akalpurakh। [/FONT]ਲਖਾਵੈ = [/FONT]ਜਣਾਉਂਦਾ [/FONT]ਹੈ=reveals/shows।੨।੧।

[/FONT]ਪੀਪਾ [/FONT]ਬੇਨਤੀ [/FONT]ਕਰਦਾ [/FONT]ਹੈ-[/FONT]ਜੋ [/FONT]ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ [/FONT]ਦਾ [/FONT]ਰਚਣਹਾਰ [/FONT]ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ [/FONT]ਸਾਰੇ [/FONT]ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡ [/FONT]ਵਿਚ ([/FONT]ਵਿਆਪਕ) [/FONT]ਹੈ [/FONT]ਉਹੀ ([/FONT]ਮਨੁੱਖਾ) [/FONT]ਸਰੀਰ [/FONT]ਵਿਚ [/FONT]ਹੈ, [/FONT]ਜੋ [/FONT]ਮਨੁੱਖ [/FONT]ਖੋਜ [/FONT]ਕਰਦਾ [/FONT]ਹੈ [/FONT]ਉਹ [/FONT]ਉਸ [/FONT]ਨੂੰ [/FONT]ਲੱਭ [/FONT]ਲੈਂਦਾ [/FONT]ਹੈ, [/FONT]ਜੇ [/FONT]ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ [/FONT]ਮਿਲ [/FONT]ਪਏ [/FONT]ਤਾਂ ([/FONT]ਅੰਦਰ [/FONT]ਹੀ) [/FONT]ਦਰਸ਼ਨ [/FONT]ਕਰਾ [/FONT]ਦੇਂਦਾ [/FONT]ਹੈ।੨।੧[ Pipa humbly says that the creator is present in all universe, and the same One is in the body. The one, who seeks Him, finds Him. If true Guru is met, he shows Him (within]
[/FONT]
The Shabad is about the omnipresence of Akalpurakh that permeates in His creation, and He should be searched within instead of falling fir religious-rites
Note. Translation of S. Manmohan Sngh ji and translation of Dr Sahib Singh's interpretation is alo provided.

Regards
G singh
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM