• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Palki(place Of Placing Holy Book) Of Gold

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Das feels as if someone has slaped him when he sees Palki of gold in which Guru Maharaj are placed.

Again recently there are some procession with pomp and show in which it will go to Nanakana Sahib.

If possible it is better to remove gold from Golden Temple and let it be used to preach Gurmat and uplift mankind as Gurbani says.

These people who manage just want pomp and show of Nagar kirtan and gliters of gold to let there own political convessing be there.

By by cotting such event we can dicourage them.:)

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Dear Vijaydeep Singh Ji,

For spirituality, it hardly matters of which material the palki is made of. But to become conspicuous it is important to make it spectacular. It is requirement of empirical life. It must be kept in mind that Sikhi is a religion of Miri and Piri. We need both spirituality and good material life.

The noise about its being transported to its destination is important as it give the less learned people a small dose of Sikh heritage. Such physical display has impact of our young children. It is something similar to celibations during Diwali, Christmas, Id, Gurpurabs etc. After all our children can only move from Akaar to Nirakaar. No one can jump directly to Nirakaar.

I am for continuing with such practices.

With love and respect for all.

Amarpal Singh

GushK

SPNer
Oct 5, 2004
London
Amarpal said:
Such physical display has impact of our young children.

You have a point about visiblilty and letting people see about sikhi but I disagree with you're above statement.

Wouldn't a better example to children be providing resources and funding for projects aimed at children, such as the new excellent new "Sahibzaday" dvd instead of pouring money into making a gold palki?

Having people know that we have a celebration on this day, at this time of year is no comparison to them actually knowing why.

Kinda brings back memories of loads of youths out on the streets enoying Vaisakhi and the Nagar Kirtan but not having even an inkling as to why or what that actually meant.

Regards
Gursharan Singh

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Dear Gursharan Singh Ji,

I agree with you fully. What you have said and what I have said are not mutually exclusive, they are complimentary. Let both of these be done.

With love and respect for all.

Amarpal Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Das could say that if we tranfer sismilar funds to tsunami victoms or earthquake victomes or victoms of 1984 that could be be effective.

Any way S. Amarpal Singh JI are also correct upto the certion extent but orgainsers are not missoanaeris like Kala Afghana Sahib but ploticians who are fake Akalis.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: