• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Other Sikh Texts?

khalsapreet

SPNer
Jun 21, 2004
re: texts

Dear Brian

please remember that the pronounciation of "Adi Granth" is actually "Aad Granthh" with a soft "th" and no "ee" after "Aad"

And it is revered as the Guru, and not a simple text

Divinely inspired scriptures directly from Guru's pen (Gurbani) are also included in the writings of Guru Gobind Singh and some writings of Guru Nanak, which are not included in Guru Granth Sahib

Divinely inspired scriptures directly from a Sikh's pen (Bani) are in the writings of Bhai Gurdas, Bhai Gurdas II, and Bhai Nand Lal.

Respected orders and letters (a.k.a. rehitnamas and hukamnamas) are from Guru Gobind Singh, Mata Sundari, Mata Sahib Kaur, Bhai Daya Singh, Bhai Chaupa Singh, Baba Banda Singh and Guru Tegh Bahadur.

please forgive my mistakes

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Hari

SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
Other Gurbani (Guru's Word) highly regarded by traditional (Sanatan) Sikhs are Dasam Guru Granth and Sarbloh Granth.Both these Granth (lit."tome", "book") are considered wholly the work of Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh by Sanatan Sikhs, but not the majority of Sikhs.Especially the Sarbloh Granth is seen to have a dubious compilation and authorship by mainstream Sikhs.You can learn more about Dasam Guru Granth (aka Dasam Guru Darbar) and Sarloh Granth (aka Sarbloh Guru Darbar) at:

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/durbar_dasam.html

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/sarbloh_adi.html

Pawan1979

SPNer
Jul 22, 2004
re: texts

Dear Khalsapreet ji,

My knowledge of Sikh writings is paltry, so please excuse me if I sound very ignorant...but...

You said that there have been TWO Bhai Gurdases? Could you tell me more about this (their bios, wriing styles, etc.)

thank you,
pawan.

Oct 19, 2004
NYC
Yeah, that would be the first I've heard of it, Bhai Gurdas II?

Also I pronounce it Adi Granth, I've only heard it pronounced Adi, I've never heard it as Aad Granth.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki fateh.

Here is some information about Bhai Gurdass II. www.tapoban.org website.
From the very onset, Brahmanical influences have always remained hostile to the Sikh movement. A few instances would show how with this influence on people in general, some subverts were at work to subvert the movement from within. The move was so subtle that truth could not be sifted for long. Perhaps it took a century or two to find out. For instance, there was one Koer Singh who wrote [font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Gur-Bilas Patshai Dasmi [/font]in 1751, 43 years after the demise of Guru Gobind Singh. He was a [font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Vaishnav [/font]Hindu – Bishan Chand. He admits that he was a Sikh only by name. He invented a myth that before the creation of the [font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Khalsa [/font]Guru Gobind Singh worshipped mythical Hindu goddess Durga and that he was blessed by other mythical gods and goddesses of the Hindus. He propagated that all Gurus of the Sikhs were in fact, [font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]avtars [/font]– incarnation of Lord Vishnu. This is pure blasphemy as we know from the study of [font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Gurbani[/font]. He did not stop short there. He wrote a ballad ([font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]vaar[/font]) in praise of Guru Gobind Singh under the pen name [font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Bhai [/font]Gurdas Singh and had it added as [font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]vaar [/font]41 of [font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Bhai [/font]Gurdas who was contemporary of the Sikh Gurus (from third to sixth Guru). This [font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]vaar [/font]41 mislead the Sikhs in believing that [font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Khalsa [/font]was created by Guru Gobind Singh to put an end to the religion of Prophet Mohammed. This goes against the basic principles of the Sikh Gurus ([font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]ref: Pauri 16 and 17[/font]). " Madan Singh.

The very fact that Vaar 41 is different in content/time/ etc shows that it cannot be by the First Bhai gurdass as Guru Gobind Singh Ji was not yet born durign Bhai gurdass Ji's time....and WHY add one's vaar to the vaars of another...that is malafide intention. It took hundred years to discover this truth.

The word for Aad Granth in Punjabi is spelt as : A(siharee) d Granth. The SIHARI before the Dadda in AAis accordign to Gurbani Grammar and it denotes SINGULAR...First foremost Granth.

Hense the correct pronounciation is AAd Granth and not ADI...which word is meaningless.

Jarnail Sin gh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM