• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Oral Sex With Partner

Sep 4, 2008
Hello to All Friends,

Pls. do not think that I am just trying to pollute the env. but this is real question to me.

Is Oral Sex allowed in sikhism.. If I want to do this with my life partner...

Even I am not feeling good to asking this question but since the last year I have been
attracting about this ..

Same time I also read gurbani and want to continue in gursikhi path ....

is there any confilct if want to O S with my partner ..

Please give your suggestion ..

Regards,
Manjeet Singh

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Re: O S with partner

Hello to All Friends,

Pls. do not think that I am just trying to pollute the env. but this is real question to me.

Is Oral Sex allowed in sikhism.. If I want to do this with my life partner...

Even I am not feeling good to asking this question but since the last year I have been
attracting about this ..

Same time I also read gurbani and want to continue in gursikhi path ....

is there any confilct if want to O S with my partner ..

Please give your suggestion ..

Regards,
Manjeet Singh
Veer ji the way you ask, it sounds like you take Sikhism to be another one of the religions that drill... do this .. dont do that.. into their followers!
Sikhism is NOT like that! It is NOT a list of Do's and Don'ts!
I hope that clears up any questions.:D If you need me to go into detail then I'll be more then happy to! :yes:

BTW that goes for masturbation, anal sex, this sex, that sex and more sex.:)

and have fun! :}{}{}:

Sep 4, 2008

Thanks Bhagat for your reply,

I have been struggling a lot internally on this decision, May be my conscious is not allowing me for this but mentally getting attracted again and again.

Let's wait for reply from other brothers ...

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Thanks Bhagat for your reply,

I have been struggling a lot internally on this decision, May be my conscious is not allowing me for this but mentally getting attracted again and again.

Let's wait for reply from other brothers ...
hmm ok. One question: why isn't your conscious allowing it?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Ones "Consciousness" is the Voice of REASON.....Voice of the "Vast"...the Purakh residing within.
This World is nothing but a cloud of smoke...smokescreen..illusion....and so are its "pleasures"...
Just like we go to see a "Stage Play"..a DRAMA...a MOVIE.... we know its NOT REAL...it wont LAST.... it wont stay with US....but we still go !!!...for what ?? the Momentary PLEASURE..the THRILL....
Theres your answer Manjeet Singh Ji... Kaam/Sex is a momentary pleasure...any wchich way you do it.... the end result is the SAME.
Our GURUS are so WISE..they left these mundane questions....by the wayside..where they belong....and wrote the 1429 Pages of SGGS..to discuss the more IMPORTANT THINGS....so look not there if you want YES/NO answers....
Let me give an easy example....... the Telephone DIRECTORY will have imporetnat info such as tel numbers/addresses.....BUT what you want to say on the phone..is up to you...You will NOT find what to tell your girlfriend..or what to tell your boss...etc etc in the Phone Directory !!
Agree with Bhagat Singh Ji...

Gyani Jarnail Singh:happy:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Gyiani ji

Thanks for a good answer that answers every question we have about lifestyles and Sikhi. Focus on the Guru and so many questions will be cleared up. :)

Sep 4, 2008

Thanks Gyani Jarnail Singh ji for your reply.

I do agree that SGGS is not for this type of questions and Dos and Don'ts .. This is clear to me ...

But still I did not hear voice that do we concider this Sin .. or not ... ?

Regards,
Manjeet Singh

Sep 4, 2008

Veer -

I am "moormat" .. .simply whatever is *kurahat* and we have been told not to do is a *sin* for me .. for example .. cut the kesh ...kutha ... and you know all ...

Anything which would take you away from the path of *Guru* is a sin for me ..
this is the reason, we have not been told to go to *Jangals* and go for smadhi .. NO .. we have to be in *Grasth* and need to devote time for *Guru* while serving all our responsibilities ...
Guru encourge us (husbend/wife) to come togather on the way of Gursikhi ..

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Veer -

I am "moormat" .. .simply whatever is *kurahat* and we have been told not to do is a *sin* for me .. for example .. cut the kesh ...kutha ... and you know all ...

Anything which would take you away from the path of *Guru* is a sin for me ..
this is the reason, we have not been told to go to *Jangals* and go for smadhi .. NO .. we have to be in *Grasth* and need to devote time for *Guru* while serving all our responsibilities ...
Guru encourge us (husbend/wife) to come togather on the way of Gursikhi ..
Not cutting kesh and eating kutha is against the Khalsa discipline, not against Sikhi. I would like to know how O S would take you away from the path of Guru. Obsessing with O S will definitely screw with your life in general, the Guru comes much later.
There is no kurahat in the Khalsa that says you cannot have sex. If sex brings you and your partner together then go for it. Remember sex is part of love. As far as I know O S is safer so it might be a good substitue at times.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

But still I did not hear voice that do we concider this Sin .. or not ... ?

Regards,
Manjeet Singh

Manjeet Singh ji
There is an animal with in us, if you unleash it, your actions will be under its control, if you loose it, slowly it will get empowered over time, if you sit on it to be your boss to decide about preferences, it will die its own death over time. Sikhi is for GREHSATHI, for that Sex is mandatory as it is very natural, Gurbani speaks only against lust, if you go on exploring deep into lust, give me a call when you will get satisfied!!!! Enjoy life but make sure Guru Bachan guides you and love for the Lord blossoms within you.

There is only one sin in Sikhi, it is falling for others than Guru and the Lord.

Follow the goal, distractions will go away.

These are my humble views in this context.

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

pk70 ji

Wish that people would get this. What you say is the essence of the liberation found in the Guru.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Jios,

I appreciate the efforts made to discuss human sexuality in a genuinely serious way. In the context of a sincere desire to understand the place of sexuality in the balance of things moral and spiritual.

:)

ok ok
time to be serious and cut back on shtick (ill try me best...because humour is my safety net)

Sinister's stance on Oil Siphoning (aka OS):

when in doubt turn to the golden rule

do onto others as you would have them do onto you...a philosophy i rarely live by ...because it completely falls apart if you examine cross-gender relationships and discourses on sex:p
why?
because what the majority of guys want "done onto them" is definately not what the majority of woman want "done onto them" ;). (I learnt that the hard way :D)

so ... sin?
the rule does give people a general idea of what 'sin' is or should be.

do onto others as you would have them do onto you...maybe an expression of sexual limitations?
so,
its only a 'sin' if either you or your mate are uncomfortable with it...and are forcing it upon the other. (i think)

other than that, I dont really know what to say (which is a first)

the posts before mine are also very reasonble and not as amateurish.

cheers

Sep 4, 2008

Gur Fateh to All Veers !

>here is an animal with in us, if you unleash it, your actions will be under it
>if you go on exploring deep into lust, give me a call when you get satisfied!!!!

>because what the majority of guys want "done onto them" is definately not what the majority of woman want "done onto them"
Thanks for providing me valuable feedback on this. I have taken decision to not to involve in all these things .. I really love my wife and she also loves to me ....

I think I should take her/encourage her ( or both of us ) towards Gursikhi....

Thanks again for all your replies .

Gur Fateh !
Manjeet Singh

Regards,
Manjeet Singh

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

hehe, I get a feeling you think this is against gursikhi. Anyhow, I respect your decision, so no worries.:yes:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

see..you did hear the inner voice..loud and clear..and you decided to follow it !!
Have you ever heard some dieter say..oh how "sinful"....she means the huge tub of Ice Cream !! or the huge roasted Turkey....or the huge cheesecake..etc etc...eating a huge tub of ice cream is not "sinful"...or is it ?? To the weight watcher..maybe ?? how about to a starving beggar ?? He will eat it all in sheer pleasure..while the weight watcher will squirm guiltily..but will still eat it....why ? because its a "pleasure". In Sikhism/Gurmatt/Gurbani..there is NO SIN. ( Original or pirated !!).no Punn or Paap.....Its ALL "HIM/HIS HUKM". Once we understand that..we begin to "eat to live..and not Live to eat.... we "sleep" to rest..and not rest to sleep...whatever takes us nearer to the GURU..we do more..and what takes us away..we do less and less...trust me....Kaam/Lust takes us AWAY more than it takes us nearer....better to keep kaam under tightest of reins...or it will become a runaway train..with no brakes...leading to the cliffhanger ending.
Love your wife with all the Love and Heart and Mind...and you will be nearer to GURU JI...as well. Thats a good bargain..Sacha Sauda.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Gyani ji

Thanks -- because you are saying (I think) - If the Guru enters your heart the 5 passions depart.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM