• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Oh Alfie :(

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
The tests are back, Alfie has not got a thyroid problem caused by his thyroid, he has got a thyroid problem caused by something else, most likely a tumour on his liver according to the blood tests.

The danger is that the tumour will rupture, causing instant death, although the vet assures us that it is relatively painless, Alfie will just go into shock..

The house has become a house of death, you can smell it, I am at work, Sian is at home, due to the circumstances she has taken the week off, as we cannot leave Alfie on his own. I have booked Alfie in for an ultrasound, to make absolutely sure about the tumour, and that will take place on Thursday, once that is confirmed, I would imagine we will put him down the same day. I have lost cats, ferrets, hamsters, friends and relatives before, but nothing has prepared me for losing the dog, in fact, I am beginning to dampen my keyboard.. I know this probably makes a mockery of anyone who has dying relatives or friends, but thats what he was to me, it is also Sians last link to her mother, as Alfie was her guide dog, but when she died, he was too old to be retrained, so we had him. He was a good dog, and he absolutely adored Sian, worshipped her, being apart from her would cause him huge pain, he would lie by the front door every day just waiting for her to come home.

I tried to comfort Sian with words about Creation and our role, but to her, I think its another link that is bringing her closer to solitude, with no living blood family other than her son, Alfie was a huge link to the past.

Best I go home now I think

navdeep

SPNer
Jun 20, 2005
Australia
you know harry ji, i agree with that point about animals being more moral, better Sikhs. they have an innocence and goodwill that many of us could learn from.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Bhenji,

For my failings I get on better with animals and computers than I do with Human Beings, with an animal, or a computer for the case, you know what you are dealing with, there is no subterfuge, no lying, they are what they are, what it says on the tin, although I try and love my fellow man/woman, I struggle due to the duplicity of the human mind. You would think with all this free will, we would raise ourselves above animals, but all we have done is attach ourselves to our lives instead of standing back and living.

You are absolutely correct dear sister, we could learn a lot from animals, not only innocence, goodwill but detachment and acceptance

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM