• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Not Hindu? You Are Not An Indian RSS Chief

Jan 30, 2010
HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times
Email Author
Bhopal, March 01, 2010

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.hindustantimes.com/storypage/styles/common.css"><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.hindustantimes.com/storypage/styles/master.css"><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.hindustantimes.com/js/bythis.js"></script><style type="text/css"> #yaplink_href_id { color: brown; } .yaplink_href_class { font-size: 14px; } </style>
Dismissing India’s tradition of religious and cultural pluralism, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat on Sunday said, “He who is an Indian is a Hindu and he who is not a Hindu is not an Indian.”
“For us, the word Hindu does not mean any religion but a way of life,” he said at an annual function of the RSS and the Hindu samagam (congregation) here.
But he also said India’s ethos of unity in diversity is the answer to problems facing the world today. He said the problems emanate from some communities’ attempts to bring about uniformity in the world.

Mar 5, 2010
New York City
Re: Not Hindu ? You are not an Indian :RSS Chief

Well Indian Constitution states that everyone living in India is a HINDU. There are no rights given to minorities. So what can we expect from anyone in India? NOTHING! No rights are given in India they need to be Taken. Sikhs should specially wake up. We been through so many things and we cannot just sit still now. After all the Sikhs who have been killed it would be a disappointment if nothing is done. Jagoo!!!!!!!!

Oct 21, 2009
India

Well Indian Constitution states that everyone living in India is a HINDU. There are no rights given to minorities. So what can we expect from anyone in India? NOTHING! No rights are given in India they need to be Taken. Sikhs should specially wake up. We been through so many things and we cannot just sit still now. After all the Sikhs who have been killed it would be a disappointment if nothing is done. Jagoo!!!!!!!!

These kinds of issues are resolved when the kaum is united and there is some Icon to guide the sikhs and put the words across. Do you think that sikhs have ever been united in India even after independence.?

There were sikhs in the constitutional committee and not a single voice was raised against this kind of constitutional wrong , If I am allowed to say, was committed. We don't get any thing free. Some price has to be paid and voices are to be mobilized. In the past no voice has been raised. We are bogged down by our Panthic issues and related problem like Taliban/Darshan Singh etc. and prior to this we were in Blue Star and 1984 riots.

Where is the sikh leadership.? We have none and that we have, has many vested interests. We are talking of the time when the things are favorable for the sikhs i.e. the PM is a sikh and he should do some thing about it.

The regional leadership of Punjab is with Badal who has no interest in these matters. Sikhs need a dedicated leader.One leader would suffice.Do we have effective sikh MP? No., We have Navjot singh sidhu who can be seen on every TV channels. He has no time for some serious jobs. We have one more MP in BJP who is visible on TV and media but he is also not interested. I cannot name any third personality who could think for the sikhs and their grass root problems. In nutshell we have no leadership at all.

Unless there is unity amongst the sikhs and we have a strong pro-sikh leadership these things would just get dragged on and on.

We have also no organisational set up in so far as SGPC is concerned. It is the only hope of sikhs. SGPC has to be re-vitalised but it all requires a strong will to do something for the panth. SGPC is lost in internal bickering.Recently there was a talk that SGPC would be run on a corporate model. Let us see how it works. I have my fingers crossed.

All said and done we have to rely on SGPC and make it more transparent and responsible as it enjoys the utilization of the huge corpus of funds. It is sitting on the cash that can be utilised for many useful purposes. One has already been cited above in the post.It is , I doubt, not able to deploy the cash for generating surplus on idle cash.Idle cash has a cost as well.The financial management also needs toning up. I have put in many things here to emphasize that without SGPCs active and dedicated role nothing is possible. Long term gains are received ,always , with short term costs. I further doubt if we have well educated persons in SGPC who can interact with International agencies to put the word across to the international bodies. Let us take some lessons from the kasmiris who are heading the separatist movements. They have leaders who can speak and can make them listened to as well.From time to time they invite the international media to visit this side of Kashmir and the rest of the job is done by the media.

The second and most important is the representation of the sikhs on international forums. Religion and Politics have to go side by side.If Politics/politicians neglects the religion, the religion cannot flourish. There are some sikh Industrialists but one cannot expect much from them except some contribution to Gurudwaras. I [or you] , as an individual, have limited means both time wise and finance wise.We are,right now, pretty unorganised sort of a kaum or a clan. Kindly do not mind my words

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006

Let us count sikh MP in India and abroad, mainly canada. So where is our homeland? canada.... We should promote and assure more and more people to come out to real place.
This is what Muslims are doing here. we have to counter that also. If we do reasearch, we will find that we came here first and now Muslim and Hindu from UP/ Bihar are taking over... see the temples in Canada.
Forget about means... see the end. I am not justifying muslim's actions but pointing to their focus.
Focus is important as stated above, others will keep us entangled in small matters.
Look at big picture. Punjab and Nanakana Saahib will always remain there.
Make ourselves more powerful to get what we want.
So much prosperity can be achieved in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and also in US. We need to promote more people. If we can do it in Tarai Region of UP, why not here?
Focus. There we were allotted land and we got our goal.
So we need a goal.

Mar 5, 2010
New York City

I agree with what you have said. But the we can't just sit and expect all Sikhs to be united somehow. We all have to do something. People tend to wait for someone who can lead them and just follow. Sikh teaches us to stand up for what is wrong but our so called leaders are all corrupt. People have expectation from corrupt leaders then how is it that anything is going to happen. People are afraid to raise these issues. Everyone knows the truth but no one says anything. Life should not just be about that each individual came into this world and lived rightfully and died. You are right but truth needs to be told.

Oct 21, 2009
India
The objective is fairly clear and visible. We are facing a situation of egg first or hen. We have identified most of the problems that afflict the sikhs and sikhi. Let us enumerate these for the sake of clarity. Member may add to the list.I am also suggesting bare skeleton guidelines on which SGPC can be remodeled.

1.Sikh religion has to be increase its base and sikhi has to be popularized.

2. Sikhs have to make their presence felt in terms of its strength. In the present era the strenghth can be both sensical power and non-sensical implications. It should be fairly well known to the outsiders or to those who matter that if we do not do 'X' for the sikhs the outcome would be 'Y'.At present there is no "X" in so far as raising of voice against some issue is concerned both in India or abroad hence 'Y' is absent.

The Islamic terrorist have their way because they have told the world, in most undignified manner, that they mean is business as per their own understanding.

Sikhs can define a model for their working and things should be workable only on the basis of amicability and mutual understanding.Sikhs are to be present at international level as well.This presence is a must in the current economic scenario.SGPC should reflect some economic power as well.With so much of funds with it, it can think of commencing some Public limited company that should 'go public' and raise the equity corpus from the public at large.It may have road shows and can mobilize huge funds from the sikhs and others who are interested.

The money so raised shall be so huge that the Government will never close its eyes to it.This company/companies can immediately take up the business of Housing, Banking and Infrastructure. There can be be other areas like Telecom and roads also.This is the need of economy of India and many companies are doing this. There is a concept of PPP i.e public private partnership. Those who are into economics and fianace should be in know of the things.

SGPC shall not be starved of the funds. To make itself known internationally it should approach the financial institutions like the world bank/IDA/IDCs/ADB and other hosts of multinational/multilateral bodies who would be more than happy to extend the financial assistance.it is to emphasize that SGPC is not short of funds. But it is for the sake of making itself known internationally that it should do this. I do not have any other means in mind that can be put in Black and white.

SGPC with its resources should become employment generator on equal opportunity basis and there may be some reservations for sikhs as per Guidelines and the laws of land. There would not be problem in this regard.

It may be like day-dreaming but there seems to be no other way. It is the economic power of SGPC that should work as a retardant for the Government to do anything that is not in the interest of the sikhs. Surely, the sikhs in business will be able to lend their acumen to SGPC.

The most profitable ventures these days are Housing and construction, banking and Infrastructure.If SGPC is to be revamped on Corporate model it can as well think of its Project division through which these projects can be initiated. It is not that SGPC would be doing something new. It shall only capture some of the existing market that is working in favor of the private players. What stops sikhs from doing so.?

As an individual we cannot do much. But as a Corporate body SGPC can prove its mettle.Siks can put in their savings in these types of enterprise if SGPC ever begins and come out of its dormancy. It should primarily be a religious body but should have its project division.

Sikh leadership is absent and has to be developed by us. You need an honest,sincere, pious gurmukh/gursikh who is from affluent family and is honest and has no interest in any monetary reward.

These are subjective ideas and may be modified by knowing the ground realities. But in my opinion, it is workable in India. Five to ten years down the line the definition of SGPC would change.It may then move to privatise its affairs like any good business house.

Once it gets going the three broad objectives will be met and sikhs would be free to raise their voice through this type of forum.Sikhs are hard working and daring.They can make this happen.They will come out of the deep slumber that has alienated them due to 1984.We need not leave our routines of 'paath' and soul searching.

This ,in my humble opinion, is the model on which sikhs should work and proceed ahead and become a strong monolith structure that every Government would be careful about and would know in advance the consequences of disturbing the sikhs and their affairs.

We just need ONE person at the helm of affairs. We have slept for long. No one is at fault. A little fact finding would show that we were never united. Let us reap the benefits that the current economic scenario presents and of our unity that has not been tapped so far.
Getting jobs done in various countries should not be a problem once all the associations abroad ,that matter, are roped in by SGPC. There is a lot of work to be done.

It is for us to take a considered decision else we should be happy with our present routine. But Mrs Narayanjot ji or someone else will have to take initiative. In india we are fed up of our leaders.

Let us have some honest at the Top and that position is vacant for long........But there is an old saying 'If wishes were horses ...would ride......"
May be things changes for us.
Guru fateh and Chardi kala.

To be edited...

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
SGPC can make a subsidiary economic wing. You can say that in view of govt. apathy, we have decided to do it on our own with public participation. Some businessmen, interpreneurs need to be involved.
If someone can raise a terrorist outfit, why can not we raise an economic outfit.
But we need people with broader vision instead of people satisfied with small personal and hidden from public gains.
As a beginner, how much free cash do they have or can raise. they will have to start with corporate investment first, before going in for 100% own ventures.This itself would open eyes of many.
Even without SGPC, religiously homogenous groups can enter into banking/ credit and start its foray into corporate world and move forward.
It would replicate small scale enterpreneurship.
Problem of fictitious/managed accounts shall always remain #1 challenge.
you can count me in.....engineering/risk man./ finance background..... require living expenses only!!!:crazy:

We can draft a paper and send it to SGPC, DSGPC, some industrialists but I expect response only if someone from them initiate this.

We can ask Simranjit Singh Mann to start one in his group. This is going to bring revolution he is seeking, nothing else.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: