• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General New Topics. New Threads. More Participation?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
What motivates forum members to start new topics? What encourages forum members to participate more often in the threaded discussions? A search on Google told me this. Many forums, many different kinds of forums, ask the question, How can we boost forum participation?

Forum participation truly does take a lot of time away from "real life" concerns. But...What do you think? Are there topics and activities that would boost forum participation in the threads? What do you think those topics/activities should be?

Oct 8, 2008
sadhsangat ji
gur ki batan kya kaha , guru bibek satar
uh aad jugadi jugojug , pura parmeshar
?????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????
anybody give its meaning , please .
sarbjit singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
sadhsangat ji
gur ki batan kya kaha , guru bibek satar
uh aad jugadi jugojug , pura parmeshar
?????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????
anybody give its meaning , please .
sarbjit singh

sarbjitpunjabi ji,

The 3rd and 4th line are in fonts that the forum server software does not seem to recognize. I am guessing that they are the same as lines number 1 and 2. which are in the transliteration of Gurmukhi. So someone will give a good translation pretty soon.

Thank you for your contribution on this thread. I find your quotation very interesting toward answering the question of more participation. :)

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
What motivates forum members to start new topics? What encourages forum members to participate more often in the threaded discussions? A search on Google told me this. Many forums, many different kinds of forums, ask the question, How can we boost forum participation?

Forum participation truly does take a lot of time away from "real life" concerns. But...What do you think? Are there topics and activities that would boost forum participation in the threads? What do you think those topics/activities should be?

Aad0002 Ji,
My humble suggestions:
As the name of the forum is “Sikh philosophy”, it should center at Guru Guidance as per Guru’s own words, besides, it should also address the crucial questions Sikh youth is facing with. I feel, it should provide that kind of material also which can enable especially those who got confused due it incompetent translation available, to understand Guru Message more clearly by posting articles on different subjects and those articles should be kept visible for some time. For hot discussion, categories of interfaith and hard talk are already doing well.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
pk70 ji

Correct me if I am wrong. You seem to be saying two things. That we need to pay more attention to the gurmat discussions because there are readers who would participate if we were more consistent about maintaining those threads. And you seem to be saying that the threads need to be more prominent. In other words a niche of Gurbani devotees need to see Gurbani featured more often, more seriously and more prominently. Let me know if that is your point.

Oct 8, 2008
sadhsangat ji ,
sat siri akall.
let me put the lines again , as last mail had a spelling mistake :-
gur ki batan kiya kaha , gur bibek satsar
uh aad jugaadi jugo jug pura parmeshar .
sarbji singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
sadhsangat ji ,
sat siri akall.
let me put the lines again , as last mail had a spelling mistake :-
sarbji singh

Gur ki batan is not in Sri Guru Granth Sahib, veer ji.

I think you mean this
ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਕਿਆ ਕਹਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਬਿਬੇਕ ਸਤ ਸਰੁ ॥
gur kee mehimaa kiaa kehaa gur bibaek sath sar
How can I chant the Glorious Praises of the Guru? The Guru is the ocean of Truth and clear understanding.

Here is your second line, veer ji
ਓਹੁ ਆਦਿ ਜੁਗਾਦੀ ਜੁਗਹ ਜੁਗੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ॥੩॥
ouhu aadh jugaadhee jugeh
jug pooraa paramaesar ||3||
He is the Perfect Transcendent Lord, from the very beginning, and throughout the ages.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
pk70 ji

Correct me if I am wrong. You seem to be saying two things. That we need to pay more attention to the gurmat discussions because there are readers who would participate if we were more consistent about maintaining those threads. And you seem to be saying that the threads need to be more prominent. In other words a niche of Gurbani devotees need to see Gurbani featured more often, more seriously and more prominently. Let me know if that is your point.

aad0002ji,

Exactly. When an article about prominent idea of Gurbani or fundamentals of Sikhism is posted, it should not get buried under other discussions at least for a couple of days. Let it be read by as many as possible. Interesting threads that get attention of many
members or the guests should also be kept on front. Both purposes can be solved, participation will be increasd, Guru Messages could be spread widely. Thanks.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
pk veer ji

Thank you for the clear assertion. Now what I would like to know is this. Are there other forum members out there who agree with your point of view? Let's hear from them.

satnamji

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM