• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Muslim Guy And Sikh Gal

khan

SPNer
Jun 18, 2008
mumbai
hello all friends , i jus want to knw ,, can a Sikh gal marries a muslim boy.
we are both in love from 2 years ,, we did everything wat a married couples do . i love her alot , cant live widout her, ill keep her happy whole life .
i dint posted this matter in previous post so posting it here .
she is not a pure SIKH , her father is a hindu and mother is a sikh ,, they are Aroras , even they had a love marriage
so can her parents allow her to marry me .?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
The answer is NO..First of all she is not sikh as In Indian society children
inherit religion from their father not mother.If she calls herself then its her choice.Also No muslim man is allowed to marry a woman unless she is muslim,*** or christian.

So first ask this question to your co religionists whether you are allowed to marry a sikh woman?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
hello all friends , i jus want to knw ,, can a Sikh gal marries a muslim boy.
we are both in love from 2 years ,, we did everything wat a married couples do . i love her alot , cant live widout her, ill keep her happy whole life .
i dint posted this matter in previous post so posting it here .
she is not a pure SIKH , her father is a hindu and mother is a sikh ,, they are Aroras , even they had a love marriage
so can her parents allow her to marry me .?

Hi Khan.

I personally try and treat every individual as an individual regarless of race, clour, religion etc.

I will however say that your relationship is doomed. The reason why? Every single Muslim Sikh relationship I have known has ended in divorce or other problems. Sikhi is very flexible, but your faith will get in the way eventually as we are seen as {censored}. KDS ji has also made a valid point.

Another factor to bare in mind is Sikh's can react very violently to such relationships (due to the Sikh Martial nature). On two occaisions I have witnessed Sikh families reacting very very violently, on one occaision killing a Muslim man and on another putting him close to death.:shock:

The only other solution I can think of is if you love her that much then become a Sikh, that will show the community that you are serious about this.

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
Mr Khan,

It is not the question of whether Muslims can marry Sikhs at large !

Question is not CAN but WILL you marry that girl or vice-versa.

It is entirely your & that girls decision, the community doesn't play any role in all this unless the marriage is taking place by FORCE.

As far as the girl & her family is concerned it is entirely upto to them whether they want to or not.

Religion matters to those who are religious minded.

Jun 1, 2008
SAT SRI AKAL

BROTHER singhbj

ur right -"Religion matters to those who are religious minded."

most of the ppl r not religious they hav faith but they never follow it .and for such ppl ur lines r golden words .

guru ka sikh
simranjeet singh

Nov 16, 2007
O man!
Is it love of Guru or hate for Muslims?
Do you want to tread path of love or hate?
His language is language of Love. Love for Him and His creation. In reality world is torn in two sides, ones who love Him and ones who ignore Him and hate His creation.

Can someone please delete this disrespectful post.

If you look at the date of the post it has been a long time since it was written. The couple is probably already married and your slandering will do nothing.

I wish my Muslim friends knew you personally, they'll show you what to burn.

Do you think i don't know who you are . Stop it dude . I am warning you.
Jihad and Quran are false. Mohammad married 9 year old girl that is a shame on him.

More ignorance this is wonderful.:roll: If you were a real man then you should go to Mecca and say it loud and clear that you will burn Mecca and cut up Muslims. No need to say this here. Put your threats to action and see what outcome you will acheive.

If you don't want to be slandered then don't slander others.

I hope you get the point

manu

SPNer
Apr 21, 2009
Dear friend sandeepjaswal, what do think of the lines you wrote from SGGS Ji
"'Mitti Musalman ki peirei paee kumiar; Ghar bhandei itan kia, jaldi karei pukar"
Do you know the real meaning of this.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
"'Mitti Musalman ki peirei paee kumiar; Ghar bhandei itan kia, jaldi karei pukar"

WRONG QUOTE.
Cannot be used in any way to say what YOU are saying. Period.

Mittee Mussalman ki..is declaring the Truth about the Ultimate FACT that is what happens to all PHYSICAL THINGS that DIE. They all rot/return to ashes/go back to Earth. Cremated, burnt, buried, drowned, incinerted, liquified..whatever...all go back to BASIC EARTH.
Guur Ji is nullifying the idea that "dead Bodies" will get up and walk...( main reason why bodies are buried and not burnt !!)- Guru Ji says..NO all dead bodies go back to earth-ashes whether burnt straight away or "later" like when the muslim graves earth is used by potters to make POTS that burn again and again on the Cooking Fire !! A Fundamenatl TRUTha dn FACT of Physical life on earth for all species.

May 24, 2008
Gyani ji ,
Sandeep Jaswal Ji is another who does like to quote Gurbani out of context . His use of ' Mitti Musalman Di ...' line is ample proof of mischief he has in his mind . May be he is short of knowledge about Gurbani . I request him to read explanation of 'Asa Di Vaar ' by Prof.Sahib Singh Ji in following link & mend his ways :
PAGE 466 - Punjabi Translation of Siri Guru Granth Sahib (Sri Guru Granth Darpan).
If he does not still learn/mend his ways , I request Aad Ji & other moderators to kindly ban him from the forum .
Regards,
Dalbir Singh

jk_81

SPNer
May 3, 2009
hi.
i know this thread is old, but i have just come across it....
anyway........
im an Asian girl (could say Sikh as this is my family background but i dont follow the religion myself - but i DO believe in God) who is in love with a Muslim man.
we have been together for a year and talked about marriage and he has made it clear that i have to convert to Islam - my answer to this was that i cant even follow my own background so how can i follow another?
obviously this hasnt gone down too well with him.... mym mum is cool with us, she thinks he's great and she's happy that im not going to convert - anyone who knows me will know that i dont back down from decisions...
anyway, the point i want to make is.... that i cant understand how people can say that interfaith marriages shouldnt happen... if God says that we should be equal and treat people equally - and, if Sikhism & Islam believe that there is only 1 God, do Muslims believe in 1 God and Sikh's in another different one?
Why shouldnt 2 people who are so in love be together? why does his religion say that we cant be together? what about peace and harmony? what about love....... i dont understand..
if someone can give me an answer and tell me what i need to do to be with the man i love i would appreciate it!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
hi.
anyway........
im an Asian girl (could say Sikh as this is my family background but i dont follow the religion myself - but i DO believe in God) who is in love with a Muslim man.
we have been together for a year and talked about marriage and he has made it clear that i have to convert to Islam - my answer to this was that i cant even follow my own background so how can i follow another?
obviously this hasnt gone down too well with him.... mym mum is cool with us, she thinks he's great and she's happy that im not going to convert - anyone who knows me will know that i dont back down from decisions...
anyway, the point i want to make is.... that i cant understand how people can say that interfaith marriages shouldnt happen... if God says that we should be equal and treat people equally - and, if Sikhism & Islam believe that there is only 1 God, do Muslims believe in 1 God and Sikh's in another different one?
Why shouldnt 2 people who are so in love be together? why does his religion say that we cant be together? what about peace and harmony? what about love....... i dont understand..
if someone can give me an answer and tell me what i need to do to be with the man i love i would appreciate it!

In all the religions there are rules and restrictions.It is obvious from your post that He is practising muslim man and you are not a practising sikh girl.In Islam It is clearly forbidden for a man to marry a Hindu or sikh girl so That's why he is asking you to convert.And this will not end on conversion Its possible that after marriage he will want You to become an islamic wife and properly follow islam.Your decision For not to convert is Good as It is very difficuilt for an independent girl to become a muslim wife.

The best thing for you to leave this Man Or prepare to become a good muslim wife which I don't think any intelligent non muslim woman will do

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear All,

Guru Nanak in Raag Sorath stresses what Giani Ji is saying;

ਇਕ ਦਝਹਿ ਇਕ ਦਬੀਅਹਿ ਇਕਨਾ ਕੁਤੇ ਖਾਹਿ ॥ਇਕਿ ਪਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਉਸਟੀਅਹਿ ਇਕਿ ਭੀ ਫਿਰਿ ਹਸਣਿ ਪਾਹਿ ॥ਨਾਨਕ ਏਵ ਨ ਜਾਪਈ ਕਿਥੈ ਜਾਇ ਸਮਾਹਿ ॥

Ik ḏajẖeh ik ḏabī¬ah iknā kuṯė kẖāhi.Ik pāṇī vicẖ ustī¬ah ik bẖī fir hasaṇ pāhi. Nānak ėv na jāp¬ī kithai jā¬ė samāhi.

Some are cremated, some are buried, dogs eat some, and some are thrown into water, while others are thrown into wells. O Nanak, it is not known, where they go and into what they merge. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Sorath, AGGS, Page, 648-12

Cordially,

Virinder S. Grewal

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
hi.
anyway........

If he is saying you must convert to his religion, he does not love you, because if he did he would accept you regardless. A Sikh would not compel their partner to convert to Sikhism, if they were non Sikh....this is specifically forbidden by us.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
just being born "sikh" doesnt make anyone a SIKH !!
First learn to identify the "ONE GOD"..How he behaves, how he treats others,
Just saying..A beleives in "1G" and B saying he beleives in "1G"....and C saying the same thing..doesnt ensure the "1G" are the SAME...AIG may be 360% opposite of BIG and the CIG may be something else all together..
The WAHEGURU...the 1GOD of Sikhism...NEVER gets angry..NEVER PUNISHES...never sends anyone to HELL..is ALWAYS LOVING...LOVING...and More LOVING..FORGIVING..inspite of anything and everything we do... WAHEGURU has Never sent any Adams to Hell on Earth becasue he disobeyed Him..Wahegurtu has never banished any Satans...He ahs Never destroyed any Sodoma nd Gomorrah..entire TOWNS due to the sins of some...He has Never DROWNED the entire EARTH in WATER to punish the humans.
He just continues to LOVE...LOVE..LOVE..KIND, soft spoken..

YOU have to REALLY KNOW YOUR OWN...ONE GOD..very well BEFORE you cna accept that someone elses ONE GOD is the SAME ENTITY.
I have a FATHER and You have a Father... BOTH ARE "FATHER"...but mine could be a wife beater, drunkard, alcoholic, drug abuser, child abuser, jailbird....while yours could be the most LOVING, CARING, Gentleman of Honour....YET BOTH are "FATHER". WILL you be really happy to come into my HOME.....marry ME and accept that MY "FATHER" is the SAME as YOURS that you left behind ?? And wehn MY FATHER abuses YOU..will you still say "FATHER" is the SAME ???

MERE WORDS...ONE GOD this and ONE GOD that..dont really mean ANYTHING....First EDUCATE YOURSELF....about what really is the ONE GOD......its not just a Label. GURBANI tells you about WAHEGURU..get to KNOW HIM..first before you decide.:welcome::welcome::welcome:

jk_81

SPNer
May 3, 2009
In all the religions there are rules and restrictions.It is obvious from your post that He is practising muslim man and you are not a practising sikh girl.In Islam It is clearly forbidden for a man to marry a Hindu or sikh girl so That's why he is asking you to convert.And this will not end on conversion Its possible that after marriage he will want You to become an islamic wife and properly follow islam.Your decision For not to convert is Good as It is very difficuilt for an independent girl to become a muslim wife.

The best thing for you to leave this Man Or prepare to become a good muslim wife which I don't think any intelligent non muslim woman will do

thats what i dont get... im not against his religion, and i'll always respect what he believes and what he does to follow his beliefs. and i always will, but as you said, im an independent girl, and i all ready have my own thoughts on things.

the hardest thing is that i cant let go of him. when im with him i have never felt so much love and never had anyone love me the way he does, and them feelings work both ways too, my day isnt complete without seeing him..... so i cant let go.

if religions is ment to be good then why does it make things feel so bad?
i dont understand.

jk_81

SPNer
May 3, 2009
just being born "sikh" doesnt make anyone a SIKH !!
First learn to identify the "ONE GOD"..How he behaves, how he treats others,
Just saying..A beleives in "1G" and B saying he beleives in "1G"....and C saying the same thing..doesnt ensure the "1G" are the SAME...AIG may be 360% opposite of BIG and the CIG may be something else all together..
The WAHEGURU...the 1GOD of Sikhism...NEVER gets angry..NEVER PUNISHES...never sends anyone to HELL..is ALWAYS LOVING...LOVING...and More LOVING..FORGIVING..inspite of anything and everything we do... WAHEGURU has Never sent any Adams to Hell on Earth becasue he disobeyed Him..Wahegurtu has never banished any Satans...He ahs Never destroyed any Sodoma nd Gomorrah..entire TOWNS due to the sins of some...He has Never DROWNED the entire EARTH in WATER to punish the humans.
He just continues to LOVE...LOVE..LOVE..KIND, soft spoken..

YOU have to REALLY KNOW YOUR OWN...ONE GOD..very well BEFORE you cna accept that someone elses ONE GOD is the SAME ENTITY.
I have a FATHER and You have a Father... BOTH ARE "FATHER"...but mine could be a wife beater, drunkard, alcoholic, drug abuser, child abuser, jailbird....while yours could be the most LOVING, CARING, Gentleman of Honour....YET BOTH are "FATHER". WILL you be really happy to come into my HOME.....marry ME and accept that MY "FATHER" is the SAME as YOURS that you left behind ?? And wehn MY FATHER abuses YOU..will you still say "FATHER" is the SAME ???

MERE WORDS...ONE GOD this and ONE GOD that..dont really mean ANYTHING....First EDUCATE YOURSELF....about what really is the ONE GOD......its not just a Label. GURBANI tells you about WAHEGURU..get to KNOW HIM..first before you decide.:welcome::welcome::welcome:

i understand what you mean, but im not talking about my dad.

i understand your points about there being 1 God, but if there's a God of Sikhism, and a God of Christianity and a God of Islam.... then that means there's 3 Gods not 1. How can that be when there's only 1 God?

i dont mean to sound like im picking an argument, but i have a lot of questions in my mind about religions... right now its all i think about... i just want answers for my own personal happiness..

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
jl_81 ji

These words by Gyani ji contain the guidance that may help you answer your questions. Good luck. Keep on with your reflections.

Nov 16, 2007
i understand what you mean, but im not talking about my dad.

i understand your points about there being 1 God, but if there's a God of Sikhism, and a God of Christianity and a God of Islam.... then that means there's 3 Gods not 1. How can that be when there's only 1 God?

i dont mean to sound like im picking an argument, but i have a lot of questions in my mind about religions... right now its all i think about... i just want answers for my own personal happiness..

Both of you (your and your b/f) have different priorities.
You want personal happiness. You like being with him. Although you believe in one God, still you don't care about religions or different ways of life. You are the best:thumbup:
On the other hand, he can leave you but not his religion (must be some false version of religion, where he believes his is only true religion). He knows that you love him and ultimately will agree to his terms. Also if he is religious, then you must understand his mindset that you are also a trophy for a muslim guy(mostly Pakistani or Bangladeshi, due to their recent historical inferiority complex) to bring another non-muslim to folds (same can be said about all the religions but muslims are best). I still remember my Pakistani colleague parading his new Chinese wife with Hijab in office.
This is human nature. Punjabi and other Asians would be more decent with their white wives, than if they have Punjabi or Asian wives.
There are more chances that Black man would have Asian wife than vice versa. There are very slim chances that Punajbi sikh or hindus have Pakistani wives, but even if they have, they would try to hide it.
On the other hand, Pakistanis will proudly introduce sikh/hindu/white/other new wife to other Muslims.
This issue is not about God or your journey towards it.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: