• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Kargil Officer Discrimination-Tip Of An Iceberg

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
The Armed Forces Tribunal has indicted a former lieutenant general of the Indian Army for showing prejudice towards a Brigadier in playing down his achievements in the Kargil war and also for falsifying battle accounts. The indictment is an embarrassment for the Indian Army and raises serious questions about the role of the military leadership in the course of the incursions made by the Pakistan Army in 1999 in the Kargil sector.

The Tribunal has also directed that the affected officer Brigadier Devinder Singh (retd) be considered for a notional promotion to the next rank.

Brig Singh led the 70 Infantry Brigade in the Batalik sector in the Kargil war and found his achievements in the operations belittled and ascribed to some other officer. Subsequently, he also found himself harassed on a regular basis being shunted out to non-descript assignments. He subsequently filed a petition in the Delhi High Court complaining of wrong depiction of his battle performance and that of the men under his command.

It is being given to understand that several complaints of a nature similar to that Brig Singh are also pending with the Tribunal.

The Tribunal has questioned the role of Lt Gen Kishan Pal, then general officer commanding (GOC) 15 Corps, who oversaw operations in that sector in denying Brig Devinder Singh a well deserved medal for gallantry as well as a promotion to the next rank as a major general.

"I feel vindicated," said a visibly happy Singh recounting his long battle with authorities.
-------------------------
Someone must compile data and see the pattern. Brigadier Surinder Singh may be contacted for data.

ac_marshall

SPNer
Nov 5, 2009
Bangalore, India
The Armed Forces Tribunal has indicted a former lieutenant general of the Indian Army for showing prejudice towards a Brigadier in playing down his achievements in the Kargil war and also for falsifying battle accounts. The indictment is an embarrassment for the Indian Army and raises serious questions about the role of the military leadership in the course of the incursions made by the Pakistan Army in 1999 in the Kargil sector.

The Tribunal has also directed that the affected officer Brigadier Devinder Singh (retd) be considered for a notional promotion to the next rank.

Brig Singh led the 70 Infantry Brigade in the Batalik sector in the Kargil war and found his achievements in the operations belittled and ascribed to some other officer. Subsequently, he also found himself harassed on a regular basis being shunted out to non-descript assignments. He subsequently filed a petition in the Delhi High Court complaining of wrong depiction of his battle performance and that of the men under his command.

It is being given to understand that several complaints of a nature similar to that Brig Singh are also pending with the Tribunal.

The Tribunal has questioned the role of Lt Gen Kishan Pal, then general officer commanding (GOC) 15 Corps, who oversaw operations in that sector in denying Brig Devinder Singh a well deserved medal for gallantry as well as a promotion to the next rank as a major general.

"I feel vindicated," said a visibly happy Singh recounting his long battle with authorities.
-------------------------
Someone must compile data and see the pattern. Brigadier Surinder Singh may be contacted for data.

Brig Devinder Singh has set an example of a true soldier who would never compromise on honour and dignity. Hats off to National Hero Brig Devinder Singh. He should get his Maha Vir Chakra and his rank of "Maj Gen" at the earliest. Being an Indian, I am personally ashamed at the way this valiant National Hero was illtreated out of bias.

Anyways I feel that things are changing for good in the Indian Army with the present Army Chief Gen Vijay Kumar Singh's "No Nonsense" policy.

There are some more Heroes like Brig Devinder Singh who have been victimized as scapegoats by the senior brass. One such example is the case of Brig Surinder Singh. I salute and wish him and other such true patriots all success in getting their honour restored.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
My paternal uncle also suffered a similar fate at the hands of Indian Army and he also fought many a case in court in a valiant effort to get his due but the laidback approch of Indian judicial system caught up him and he retired atleast two positions lower than what he deserved. I hope Brig Devender Singh gets what he deserves in his lifetime...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Pakistan TV channels are going GAGA over this.....commentator after commentator taking the top brass of the Indian Army to the cleaners..what a heaven sent opportunity to get back at their arch enemy..ha ha ha ( and score some points with the Sikhs ??? as well??? ) Hopefully India will learn NOT to strike the arm that defends its honour..as it BITES the Hand that FEEDS ITS HUNGRY (ala Food prices in Punjab paid to the farmer vis a vis the food prices all over India paid by the Consumer....miles apart...this is biting the hands that feed !!)

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
Dear Friend SPNers,
Pl try to find the mainlogic behind this whole scienerio. Its not just an officer of the Indian Army but another honest and brave Sikh officer whose reports were systematically damaged so that the credit should never goes to a SIKH. And in turn a Sikh should not get some out of turn promotion for some unparallel bravery act. Their has been lot of Sikh officers whose CRs were purposely damaged ans stingent remarks placed in order to prevent them from rising to top.:crazy:

ac_marshall

SPNer
Nov 5, 2009
Bangalore, India
A martyr of Kargil War was dishonoured by the govt. officials demanding bribe from his parents and relatives to allow them open a fuel pump that was awarded to them. I think it was Capt. Anuj Nayyar but not sure. There was also a movie showing this shameful act of the Govt Babus. I don't remember the names. I wonder when will the Indians ever wake up!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: