• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is There A God?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
@Dev singh

What more you want to know?
People says Nanak was god. As in the Bhai Gurdas said god came down to earth as nanak.
It can not be .

Is taking money for singing about and praising god is wrong?
On the other hand IS THERE GOD?

No one have seen god, no one can claim they have seen god?
What does god do? Does god listen to Ardass?

Dave

above copied from post

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
God doesn't need to be seen, look how the planets hang in space, how planets stay in their own orbit, the ocean, a rainbow, intuition. The fact that there are no coincidences, karma etc. Blind faith just makes our love for Him grow stronger. His light pervades everywhere.

He's beyond fear and doubt. Doubt is Fear, that's why the Kalyug is in the state it is!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
God doesn't need to be seen

Can god be seen period?

look how the planets hang in space, how planets stay in their own orbit, the ocean, a rainbow, intuition.

well that is mostly down to science, I wonder if science is in fact gods law?

The fact that there are no coincidences, karma etc.
Well coincidences do happen, I am not sure what you mean by this

Blind faith just makes our love for Him grow stronger. His light pervades everywhere.

Is blind faith a good thing? is our faith blind? speaking personally my faith is not blind, I have full faith that the lord above will make absolutely no intervention in my life, and that is the only faith I have, if the laws of god are science, then I should make myself aware of all gods laws that affect me, there are no miracles that I personally believe in.

He's beyond fear and doubt. Doubt is Fear, that's why the Kalyug is in the state it is!

I don't think so myself, doubt can be a good thing, it clarifies, its a mental check system, why would anyone rush in where angels fear to tread? maybe the current state could be helped by more doubt, more doubt about who we actually are, what we do, what we justify to ourselves and others.

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
God doesn't need to be seen, look how the planets hang in space, how planets stay in their own orbit, the ocean, a rainbow, intuition. The fact that there are no coincidences, karma etc. Blind faith just makes our love for Him grow stronger. His light pervades everywhere.

Is God Visible?

Air is not seen but it is still there. Smell is not seen but it is still there. Thoughts are not seen but they are still there. Dreams are not seen but they are there. God is not seen but it is still there. Many are observable others are not. Unobservables are identified through their characteristics. When the wind is hot; you sweat; when the wind is cold you shiver; When there is bad smell you cover your nose: when it is a good smell you love to smell more. Once you get a bad thought; you do crime; once you have good thought you do good to others. When you have a bad dream you you want to forget it; once you have a good dream you love to remember it and tell others. When some earthquake occurs you pray God to save; When some thing come to you unexpected you thank God for the same. He is Nirgun hence He is not visible; He is sargun hence he is visible in all. You see Him through His Creation. Love a dog, a cat,a cow any pet, they were shower better love; pat a tree, touch a flower; an find something heavenly from them. You can find Him in everything if you have eyes eternal. 'se akhrian be-ann jina disando ma piri.' Develop those 'noori nazran' and see Him in everything. Get blessed through service to Him through His Creation.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
@Dev singh

What more you want to know?
People says Nanak was god. As in the Bhai Gurdas said god came down to earth as nanak.
It can not be .

Is taking money for singing about and praising god is wrong?
On the other hand IS THERE GOD?

No one have seen god, no one can claim they have seen god?
What does god do? Does god listen to Ardass?

Dave

above copied from post

This could have been one of the reasons that Bhai Gurdas' poetry was not added to the SGGS because it did not pass our Gurus' benchmark.

Firstly, there are as many gods as there are minds in the world. Secondly, there is no god as per Sikhi as defined by other religions.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Can god be seen period?

well that is mostly down to science, I wonder if science is in fact gods law?

Well coincidences do happen, I am not sure what you mean by this

Is blind faith a good thing? is our faith blind? speaking personally my faith is not blind, I have full faith that the lord above will make absolutely no intervention in my life, and that is the only faith I have, if the laws of god are science, then I should make myself aware of all gods laws that affect me, there are no miracles that I personally believe in.

I don't think so myself, doubt can be a good thing, it clarifies, its a mental check system, why would anyone rush in where angels fear to tread? maybe the current state could be helped by more doubt, more doubt about who we actually are, what we do, what we justify to ourselves and others.

God can be seen everywhere, Hes everything we see and everything we don't. Everything is God, science is God, the devil is God, you are God. Coincidences do not happen, if everything is karam, then there are no coincidences.

Blind faith, as in faith without the need for symbolic reflection, visions etc, allows us to recognise Him in and as All.

I understand what you're trying to say about doubt, but Maya and the illusion is Truth, it's God so there's nothing to doubt in the first place.

I meant that doubt in Truth- when He is All and we are in reality Nothing- is fear because we're then allowing the illusion to chain us with its bullshit, when in reality, we are free of it.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM