• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Punjeet ji

Welcome to the forum. You will find many stimulating discussions about siki here. I have been out of town for 5 days and haven't kept up, but always like to welcome new people because I am also a recent member.

Enjoy and become informed!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sohota ji

Welcome to the forum. You have already in your first message made an important contribution. Your first-hand experience is at the same time hair-raising and instructive. The story you tell sounds like an emotional assault-- and you survived because of your faith!

It is hard to say whether a great many people have been brainwashed online. There is a lot of energy and debate in the forum, and many points of view, all very strongly stated, which should cause most to stop and realize that anyone who speaks with authority also has to back up their words with background in the Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

Sonubhaaji, welcome to you as well.

noorvirdi

SPNer
Apr 3, 2007
Canada
Hi, I am Noor Virdi. I just joined the u guys as a new member. I need ur help guys in some issue. i hope u guys will not mind helping me out and giving ur view points over my problem. ill quote my problem and then u guys can reply me.

THANKS

Dipsy

SPNer
Apr 3, 2007
:) Hello Everyone

My name is Dipsy and this is my first post on this site. Just wanted to introduce myself, before i go and read up on the rules and regulations. Hopefully we can chat soon.

Dipsy :shy:

x

Jul 10, 2006
Dear Everyone

Welcome to this forum. Hope you find this site useful in discovering Sikhi and Gurbani.

Enjoy your stay here.:)

Gur rakha to one and all and lets pray to Akal Purakh Nirankar for Gurmat Naam.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Sat Siri Akaal Everyone

warm welcome to the forum

very pleased to have you here and looking forward to your particaipation in this forum

:) please enjoy your stay here:)

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
welcome to sikh philosphy site.

you made the right choice . where we all are one regardless of any faith faiths .we beileve in one GOD and praying every day for (sarbat) means every one's wellness and stable life hoping them to spend most trurthful life.

there are no retuals or special garments to wears,or to abondon your regular life and work to seek the God in mountains or in isolation but achieving by spending a peacfull life by living among all your felleow human being. that is what you are getting into.

but as you know there is always are or will be to distort the faith . love for the creator and His creation is the essence of whole faith in one God.
hope you will learn a lot to tell othersof your practica experiences.
jaspi
canada

Sat Sri Akal...

i'm kelly, american sikh, looking for some interesting and educational conversations in this forum. :)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

KiranSingh

SPNer
Apr 9, 2007
Rome
Hello,
I am very happy to find this community.

About me. I was raised a Catholic (in the US) but found it did not fit my beliefs. I checked out Protestant churches, read the Koran, prayed in Hindu temples, and tried to practice as a Buddhist. The last two faiths seemed closer but doubt remained because I was not aligned with some of their core beliefs (many gods, no god, etc).

I believe in one God, reincarnation to grow closer to him, serving my fellow human beings, that all are created equal, and the importance of community.
I stumbled upon a website called Beliefnet and took their quiz which told me my beliefs are 90% close to Sikhism, a religion I knew little about. Since then, I've been exploring it and find myself drawn to it.

I hope (with your help) to learn more about Sikhism and grow closer to it since it seems to be what I've been looking for. I figure I'll start as a sahajdari and learn as I go.

Can anyone offer suggestions for how I should proceed on this path?

Chris (Kiran)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Kiran Singh,

Welcome to the forum. I too left Roman Catholicism, always saying that there was no point in seeking another faith because I found all the others even more difficult to accept. So why bother. But slowly, slowly Sikhi found me and drew me close.

Respectifully.

Apr 9, 2007
Thank you for welcoming me. I chose my "user name" because that is what Sikhism is doing for me, (although I am not as yet a Sikh, I hope I can be someday). In fact I barely know what I am talking about here. I have searched for God for my entire life. I was born into a Lutheran family, and after many "channel changes" began studying Advaita Vedanta. There were thousands of "stops" in between today and yesterday. My love for God burns stronger over the years. I have found no home to rest in for long. As I read a little book entitled the Book of Nanak, I recalled many years ago being impressed by a saint that did things "the opposite way". I have found acceptance of all who love the Divine within Sikhism. As a life-long pilgrim, I have found a land in which I believe in. Having given up any hope of reaching the truth in this life, I feel this Guru has reached me somehow, although I would be the first to say that has to be my imagination. Still, I am here. I am grateful to all in advance, as I reach-out with many questions.
Although I am not yet a Sikh, I hope I can say to all here,

Sat Sri Akal

-Bob Stieska

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Kiran Singh

Welcome to this forum !

/stumbled upon a website called Beliefnet and took their quiz which told me my beliefs are 90% close to Sikhism, a religion I knew little about. Since then, I've been exploring it and find myself drawn to it.

Incidently ,Couple of years back I also tried this quiz on this site .=nice site with lot of information and members

Anyway best ofluck for your spirtual journey , i hop=e we all we move forward with grace of god holding each others hand

Bob Stieska

welcome to the forum !

Nice to see you here

it was intresting reading your spirtual quest .=I guess the holy man you are talking about is Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Quest of spirtuality is on kind of pathless land in my current understanding so everybody goes through varied experinces to reach thier destination all with the grace of God

I wish best of luck to you and grace of god for all on thier path

Jatinder Singh

Jatinder Singh

Apr 9, 2007
Dear Jatinder Singh,

Thank you for welcoming me. I am very happy to be a part of this group and online community. I visit the Delaware Gurdwara this weekend and will start to meet friends in person also.
I am happy to say that "yes" Guru Nanak Dev Ji is the holy man that so impressed me years ago in reading about him. Now I am reading so much about him; I am awestruck at the beauty and simplicity at which the truth is conveyed and grateful for the grace which God has shown me, bringing me to this family.

Bob Stieska

tobenew

SPNer
Apr 10, 2007
Hello,
I was reading the forum string and noticed that I am not the only one (recently posted) who is converting to Sikh. I too have been searching for God all my life and until recently discovered Sikhism thanks to a man I have fallen in love with. Needless to say, his family will not accept me as his partner because I am not Sikh. I want to be a Sikh will all of my heart, but do not know how to go about doing so. Who can help me?
ToBeNew

RGNY

SPNer
Apr 11, 2007
upstate, NY, USA
finally delurking.

i'm a 37 year old male living in upstate (farm country) New York, USA. i have been 'aware' of Sikhi for some time, having had a Punjabi Sikh housemate in college. i always admired his dedication and sense of certainty regarding God. not to mention putting up with the usual taunts regarding his turban.

i wasn't raised in a religious household and it was not until after college, when i first read Japji Sahib, that i felt the desire to know God. until then i had been avoiding the question and felt that religion was unnecessary. finding a 'path' with no meaningless ritual or clergy was uplifting.

i do not call myself a Sikh. i cannot keep kesh due to my job (law enforcement), but do not drink/smoke because i do not enjoy either and see no use for it. it is amusing, looking back, that i kept my hair and beard long until i got my current job.

i guess you could say i'm just a regular guy who found his 'window' to God through the Guru's words.

ge77inhigh

SPNer
Apr 11, 2007
i am 19.......born in a sikh family.......been lost n confused whole life......just here for some answers.....currently livin in US

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM