• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

DrNJ

Writer
SPNer
Apr 24, 2020
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh!
I am Dr. Nirmaljeet M.B.B.S. I am preparing for PG. I am learning and have slightly learnt to read and write in Gurmukhi, though I am not fluent in speaking Punjabi. I am learning. I am not born into a Sikh family, but my heart is fully in Sikhi. I want to embrace and learn Sikhi fully emotionally and physically, but I have committed some serious mistakes equivalent to crime in personal life , so I find myself not eligible for Sikhi. Still I want to live Sikhi in my life, I want to learn Guru Sahib's teachings to correct myself.

Last edited:

HSA@1951

SPNer
May 2, 2020
Sir I am a retired Panjab Govt officer age 70 . By chance I got a vedio of Dr. Chahal on Nankian philosophy and downloaded other article .Highly impressed to see the divergent views on terminology of gurbani Not doing any research I am paghridhari but trim my beard .Settled at Patiala Panjab

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
Baba Nanaak's sikhi philosophy. kirt laro, naam japo, vand chhako
finally ਕਰ ਲੈ ਮਨ ਦੀ ਸਫਾਈ ਜੇ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ, cleanse your soul if you want to be enlightened

HSA@1951

SPNer
May 2, 2020
Sir I have already introduced myself. How ever I a retired Gov't officer age 70 years . Love gurbani but not satisfied with kathakars .I am fortunate that I have found this platform. I am pagridhari but trims my beard . Settled at Patiala Panjab.

May 26, 2020
Greetings everyone. I am a youth worker based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am passionate about supporting the inclusion and acceptance of all young people in our local society. I have joined this forum to learn more about the Sikh faith and I look forward to learning from you all to ensure I am well equipped to share good sound knowledge with young people.

Jun 7, 2020
Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki Fateh ji!
I am reviving my Sikhi values as I found myself off the ground and lost. I have been blessed with dreams and visions of Guru Gobind Singh ji and visions of Guru Nanak Dev ji. Sometimes, I feel I have a strong imagination when my intuitions do not immediately come true. I am on my journey to follow the order of Vaheguru ji.
I am working on how to follow the directions based on Guru Granth Sahib ji. The Hukamnama's that I have been receiving so far talk about Ishq Hakiki. I am working on getting Guru ji's blessings to start Nitnem as it went great for some days and then I started to feel dizzy and week and could not get up early even though I am home whole day long. I complained a lot during childhood to Vaheguru ji which has hurt my faith and ways of life manifold, I guess. I am using desi ghee jot to pray for the Nitnem routine. I have joined Santhia classes. Waiting to get baptized as a Sikh when Guru ji finds it fit, according to my intuition in January. I also felt like I will be going on a journey. I have got the kakkars and tying and have been practicing tying a dumala I hope the whole journey becomes clear. Thanks!

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh!
I am Dr. Nirmaljeet M.B.B.S. I am preparing for PG. I am learning and have slightly learnt to read and write in Gurmukhi, though I am not fluent in speaking Punjabi. I am learning. I am not born into a Sikh family, but my heart is fully in Sikhi. I want to embrace and learn Sikhi fully emotionally and physically, but I have committed some serious mistakes equivalent to crime in personal life , so I find myself not eligible for Sikhi. Still I want to live Sikhi in my life, I want to learn Guru Sahib's teachings to correct myself.
Sikh means student of Truth. It’s not a religion. Hindu Gods and Mohammed taught concepts of Sat but many became corrupted and twisted along the way. Hence the Gurus came to teach the Uncorrupted Truth and went deep into it, as we do when we are madly in love.

Truth is True Unconditional Love, love is the way, in Dukh and in Sukh, hence we see them as one.. just Truth, as the Gurus did.

Walk the path in Sehaj/ peace for that’s important and see Him ie Truth in everyone everything everywhere and each action. God bless you.

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki Fateh ji!
I am reviving my Sikhi values as I found myself off the ground and lost. I have been blessed with dreams and visions of Guru Gobind Singh ji and visions of Guru Nanak Dev ji. Sometimes, I feel I have a strong imagination when my intuitions do not immediately come true. I am on my journey to follow the order of Vaheguru ji.
I am working on how to follow the directions based on Guru Granth Sahib ji. The Hukamnama's that I have been receiving so far talk about Ishq Hakiki. I am working on getting Guru ji's blessings to start Nitnem as it went great for some days and then I started to feel dizzy and week and could not get up early even though I am home whole day long. I complained a lot during childhood to Vaheguru ji which has hurt my faith and ways of life manifold, I guess. I am using desi ghee jot to pray for the Nitnem routine. I have joined Santhia classes. Waiting to get baptized as a Sikh when Guru ji finds it fit, according to my intuition in January. I also felt like I will be going on a journey. I have got the kakkars and tying and have been practicing tying a dumala I hope the whole journey becomes clear. Thanks!

Your visions show you that you are on the right path, and serve as encouragement to keep going. Don’t doubt yourself. Relax and be at peace, be a good soul, love yourself, be good to yourself and others and do good for others. Work hard, support your own life, be strong willed and confident etc. Embrace and enjoy your life and be happy with what you have.

Life becomes more positive when we make better decisions, live free from the five thieves, they are an illusion and keep us trapped in the well of maya.

Old_Gorey

SPNer
Jun 17, 2020
WJKK WJKF
Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to introduce myself? My name's Michael, and I'm giving a great deal of thought to adopting Sikhi as my path.

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
WJKK WJKF
Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to introduce myself? My name's Michael, and I'm giving a great deal of thought to adopting Sikhi as my path.
Hi, Sikh means student, we are students of the Truth. Truth has been taught by many teachers in the past but the Gurus taught that many of the old religions have become corrupted and Many teachers became corrupt.

They came to teach the uncorrupted truth, but they taught that there is no Hindu and no Muslim, ie. There is no religion. Sikhi isn’t a religion, it just means we are students of the Truth which has existed since the beginning of time and before.

The Truth is there in the Guru Granth Sahib, but I’d suggest read it and make up your own mind, freedom of choice is a great part of gurbani. If you read and understand it (probably the English translation), apply it to your daily life, for we learn by experiencing it.

God bless you

Last edited:

Raman Suri

SPNer
Aug 17, 2020
Hey All,

Satshriakalji,

My name is Raman Suri, I am learning about Sikhism and Sikhs. I am here to learn and share what i have learnt so far.

Thanks
Raman Suri

I am a 69 year old Australian man, married with two adult sons and 6 grandchildren. I retired from a career in the health sector four years ago. I do not smoke or partake of intoxicants of any type as these are detrimental to health, wellbeing and against God’s intentions for us. I have travelled to Nepal and to India, spending time in Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan. During these travels I developed a deep love for India and Indian people. In particular, I have fallen in love with the teachings and philosophy of Sikhism. I study Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji daily and meditate also daily. I regulate my life by the Sikh Rehat Maryada as much as I can, and increasingly so. In my heart, soul and mind I am Sikh. While I am not Sikh by birth I am by choice. I am learning and I acknowledge that I am on a journey. Already a bearded man I am now following Kesh fully, carry a Kanga for grooming and wear a Sarbloh Kara. Others will happen. I know these are outward signs but they are helping greatly with my internal development. As I learn more it is my intention to visit the local Gurdwara and eventually be baptised into the Sikh faith by Amrit Sanchar. I must admit I find this prospect both appealing and a little challenging too. This is me.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
it starts from outside, first the body preparation, then it merges inside slowly slowly. it is the inner feeling which has to menended. it is the mind which has to be controlled and straightened. sikh faith teaches all. SGGS has everythig written in it to become divine. so keep doing sincerely. sincerity is what counts. good luck and best wishes

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
I am a 69 year old Australian man, married with two adult sons and 6 grandchildren. I retired from a career in the health sector four years ago. I do not smoke or partake of intoxicants of any type as these are detrimental to health, wellbeing and against God’s intentions for us. I have travelled to Nepal and to India, spending time in Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan. During these travels I developed a deep love for India and Indian people. In particular, I have fallen in love with the teachings and philosophy of Sikhism. I study Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji daily and meditate also daily. I regulate my life by the Sikh Rehat Maryada as much as I can, and increasingly so. In my heart, soul and mind I am Sikh. While I am not Sikh by birth I am by choice. I am learning and I acknowledge that I am on a journey. Already a bearded man I am now following Kesh fully, carry a Kanga for grooming and wear a Sarbloh Kara. Others will happen. I know these are outward signs but they are helping greatly with my internal development. As I learn more it is my intention to visit the local Gurdwara and eventually be baptised into the Sikh faith by Amrit Sanchar. I must admit I find this prospect both appealing and a little challenging too. This is me.

Hi there. Welcome to the Path. Sikh means student, we are students of the Truth. It’s Not a religion, as Guru Nanak taught, there is no Hindu, no Muslim, only One. There is no religion, caste, skin color or creed. The reality is that we are One. It’s all God/ Truth.

Youre already on your way. I would say, don’t get caught up by the external appearance. Applying the knowledge of Gurbani, remaining pure by seeing and recognizing Him as Everyone everything everywhere, accepting that all is Karam, is divine. Doing 2.5 hours simran from 12am onwards is recommended to go into deep meditation, and it is here that you can learn gyan and apply it to your daily life. We go into samadhi and remain Grounded in it in peace in our daily lives.

Many haven’t taken Amrit but walk on the bhagats path, it’s the internal purity that matters. Good luck to you and keep going. Be at peace. God bless you.

jeffk1877

SPNer
Sep 15, 2020
View attachment 3901Gurfateh and Welcome to SPN !!

Now that you are here, it is a place for all new members to introduce themselves to the fellow members and for the existing members to cheer the new arrivals.

• To introduce yourself now, simply roll down this page and enter your message in the Quick Reply message box!

And, please enjoy your stay over here and have a nice time!

Warm regards,
Gurfateh!

:blueturban:
Aman Singh
for SPN Administration
Hi
Thanks for accepting me into the network! I'm unsure if I am responding in the correct QUICK REPLY; Or, should I reply at the bottom of the page after the large "J"? I look forward to introducing myself once I know I'm in the correct place on the blog. Sorry for my tech ignorance...
Jeff

raeft1

SPNer
Nov 16, 2017
I am Rajesh Ahuja. I am a Punjabi by birth. A doctor friend introduced me to Sikhism three years ago. I don't know Gurmukhi but I listen to audios of Gurbani and Shabad Kirtans.

Nov 7, 2020
View attachment 3901Gurfateh and Welcome to SPN !!

Now that you are here, it is a place for all new members to introduce themselves to the fellow members and for the existing members to cheer the new arrivals.

• To introduce yourself now, simply roll down this page and enter your message in the Quick Reply message box!

And, please enjoy your stay over here and have a nice time!

Warm regards,
Gurfateh!

:blueturban:
Aman Singh
for SPN Administration

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

We, at the Sikh Renaissance are a team of western based Sikhs with specific interests in Sikh intellectualism and theology. Every Saturday we host discussions on our podcast based on AnchorFm in which we discuss various matters relevant to Sikhs. Our latest episode was on the vilification of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur by traditionalist historians. We are here to share our views and also learn from others.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Priti Singh

SPNer
Nov 9, 2020
Gur Fateh Ji to everyone. I am a Sikh by birth and follow the faith with reverence and love. I got more interested in the meanings of Gurbani after I happened to join an astrology class by chance. And thankfully I have more reverence and understanding of the teachings of our Guru Sahibs. I’m very much interested in Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s Banis as well, but am confused due to the controversy whether Guruji is the author of those Banis or not. This is what keeps on leading me to various forums and spaces where I might never have reached. I hope there can be some healthy discussions on this topic as well🙏🏻

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: