• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Nov 14, 2008
Hello, I am McKade Crandall. I'm from a rural area in Utah, in the USA. Like many in my region I was raised LDS (Mormon) but me and most of my family no longer believe in our faith. I have been struggling, it's hard to lose ones beliefs, and I have been searching for a way to reconnect with my spirituality, and in my search of many religions and lifestyles, I found Sikhism. I don't know much, and I would love to learn more, but from what I've read so far I feel like it's the right fit for me. I'm excited to learn more, and possibly connect with me local Sikh community. Thank you all in advance for helping me learn and grow. I have many questions, but I feel like I will be helped here.

Welcome, Crandall !

Nov 14, 2008
Hello all, I've been searching online for quite some time on forums that raise good questions AND even the critical/difficult questions that Sikhs/Punjabis might find not so nice. I was formally checking out sikhsangat.com but felt the users on their site were little immature, rude, and just biased (not to my topics/questions) but to others in general. I am hoping this site will provide some clarity towards my own personal journey.
I guess you can call me a sikh, (not amrithari) but have had kesh since childhood. And just been a casual follower of Sikhi (going to gurdwara, listening to kirtan, etc) But for last few years, my thought process on life, religion, and the world has started to evolve. I've met many different people through my jobs, with different religions, different financial backgrounds, sexuality, beliefs, etc. So got me thinking on where do I stand with my own identity and religion. How much do I know and how much of it do I believe. I guess you can say with age comes wisdom, but guess we shall see. I do find myself lately towards atheism these days, and looking forward to having proper discussions with this group.

Welcome Truthsikher ji

Feb 13, 2018
Dear Al, It's nice to be part of this group. My father's family claimed to be Sikh (although the only external marker of Sikh identity that I was brought up with was the kada). Over the years, I studied different religions and ideologies, and, with God's grace, recently I developed an interest in the message of the Gurus, which I find immensely relevant in my own life and for the world in general. One issue that I am particularly interested in is harmony between people who follow or claim to follow different religions, and here I find great wisdom in the approach of the Gurus.

Feb 17, 2018
Sat Siri Akal : my name is Bagicha Singh, born in Sikh family, living in Germany for last 38 years. I am Computer HW Engineer study in Germany in 1987 from India I did Electrical Eng.

Now Waheguru gave me the power to go deep into Sikh Philosophy so I need your help.
Thanks everybody

Amitojsinghh

SPNer
Mar 9, 2018
Sat siri akal to everyone I am an 18 year old curious person from New Delhi and have some question that may hurt or offend some people but for me to just sit and think that I can’t have clarity about sikhism is just absurd to me as clarity is one of the fundamental pillars of my beloved sikhi.

RicktheSikh

Writer
SPNer
May 19, 2018
Hi! I'm new to Sikhi but devouring every bit of knowledge about it that I can. I'm starting to feel a change in me that I can only attribute to reading and applying the teachings of the Guru. I was raised loving God and forgot. Yes, it was hell. I am blessed to be called to this path now and I vow to never forget.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Hi! I'm new to Sikhi but devouring every bit of knowledge about it that I can. I'm starting to feel a change in me that I can only attribute to reading and applying the teachings of the Guru. I was raised loving God and forgot. Yes, it was hell. I am blessed to be called to this path now and I vow to never forget.

Welcome, @RicktheSikh ! Devour away and enjoy every second of it. It's a most noble path.

Jimmysikh

SPNer
May 30, 2018
Hello, my name is Jimmy. I am a male from London, UK. Would like to get to know more about Sikh religion, culture and find new Kaur and Singh friends. Any Kaurs and Singhs from London or UK?

Jimmysikh

SPNer
May 30, 2018
Hi, Jimmy. I am living in New York City, however. SikhiWiki on the internet has a wealth of information on Sikhi (Sikhism).
Amardeep

Thank you Amardeep. I will read the information on SikhiWiki. I am also here to share my experience knowledge, also to find new friends and learn from all of members :)

How is NY? I haven't yet been to USA, I have a cousin who is American. Hopefully soon I will go for holidays to the states. How big is the Sikhn community in States and Canada?

Apr 20, 2018
New York City
Thank you Amardeep. I will read the information on SikhiWiki. I am also here to share my experience knowledge, also to find new friends and learn from all of members :)

How is NY? I haven't yet been to USA, I have a cousin who is American. Hopefully soon I will go for holidays to the states. How big is the Sikhn community in States and Canada?
All the best with your learning, Jimmy. If you want to meet more Sikhs, a good place to do that is by attending your local gurdwara. At a gurdwara everybody is welcome no matter what is their background, religion, etc. You can also eat there for free, and if you help out in the langar hall ("cafeteria") maybe you will meet some new friends that way. At the very least, the more you expose yourself to Sikh venues the greater will be your opportunity to meet more Sikhs.

What is there, about 700,000 Sikhs in America? And Canada is a literal haven for Sikhs. There are quite a few Sikhs in New York, New Jersey, and California--though I am learning about Sikhs living just about everywhere in the US. It's a conspiracy! LOL!

I know there are a lot of Sikhs in the UK. Several of my Facebook friends live in the UK, and they like to upload videos of their gurdwara services, etc. Is there a gurdwara near where you live?

Apr 20, 2018
New York City

Jimmy, I am rather new to this site as well, but from my understanding if you have any particular questions or things you would like to discuss you can start your own thread.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM