• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Re: Hi Pals Am Talia Tushar And Let Share The Following

Talia ji,
I was in Senegal a few months ago and didn't find any Sikhs. Please let us know how you came across Sikhi there.
And certainly you are most welcome to share any thoughts in this community.

Blessings, Brother O

ajeet arenja

SPNer
May 29, 2013
WKWF- I am a Mumbai resident Gursikh. My quest for finding articles on Sikhi or explanation of Gurbani in written English text brought me to this site. All sites have direct word by word or sentence by sentence interpretation of Shabad but there is no site where one can get "vayakhya or Katha" particularly for understanding of Non- Sikh. Lets face it , with our reverence for Gurbani , to us each shloka or line of Gurshabad is fascinating but with literal translation, will a non Sikh find it as appealing. I would like such explanations to use to send to non Sikh as daily thought . I need help to search relevant articles. WKWF

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome ajneet ji

I hope you find what you are looking for here. Please always check our Shabad of the Week section. Also, If you look on the home page for the section Guru Granth Darpan, there are many threads that do exactly what you request in the discussion of the shabad. Others you can find in Sikh Sikhi Sikhism, but you would need to search thread by thread.

You are encouraging us to do more simply by posting this message. I thank you.

:welcomekaur: :welcomekaur: :welcomekaur: :welcomekaur:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome Manishbhji

I am please you have joined our forum. Please make this a wonderful journey. Meet our members and enjoy all we have here. The forum is here for you to enjoy.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcomekaur: :welcomekaur:

Last edited by a moderator:

Oprativ8

SPNer
May 28, 2013
:grinningsingh: Hi and just stopping by to introduce myself. I develop apps for MAC OS-X, and work in software development. My interests of late include civil liberties and freedom of expression on the Internet, video production, meditation and dreamwork.

Happy to meet all of you.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
:grinningsingh: Hi and just stopping by to introduce myself. I develop apps for MAC OS-X, and work in software development. My interests of late include civil liberties and freedom of expression on the Internet, video production, meditation and dreamwork.

Happy to meet all of you.

We may have something in common. I am heavily into radical free speech, that is permitting any speech short of fraud, direct physical threat and provable slander. Throw all ideas into the mix and let the people sort it out. I won't say more here in this intro thread, but there's a lot more to be said.

Early Christianity? The teachings and practices of Jesus and his friends? Most interesting and quite pure.

Oh, yeah, and welcome. :welcomemunda:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome then mismd ji

Please immerse yourself in those topics that interest you. If you don't find soemthing related in our many threads, then start a thread of your own design. Enjoy your time spent here, and enjoy dialog with our other members too! :winkingkaur: :welcomekaur::welcomekaur: :welcomekaur: :welcomekaur:

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Hello,

In the past year or so I have become interested in learning about Sikhism for various reasons which led me to SPN.

Just many opinion, of course, but I find Sikhi incredibly beautiful and useful and occasionally baffling. I hope you enjoy your exploration. I think as a species, we are made for exploration and this is an interesting area.

Welcome. :icecreamkaur:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Hi from Down Under Miranda and welcome to SPN. We've got a few 'converts' (myself included) and 'potential converts' here along with people born in Sikh families and other people from many walks of life and so you should find yourself in good company. I look forward to hearing your point of view and experiences. :welcomekaur:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome miranda ji

You will learn a lot, and we will learn a lot from you!

:welcomekaur: :welcomekaur: :welcomekaur: :kaurkhalsaflagred:

Aug 28, 2010
I heartily congratulate SPN ADMIN and other all members of Management for completing
glorious ten years .I wish for the continuity of this for all coming generations.
Personally I have had an excelent experience of sharing the views.I have lernt a lot
from many of members who are very rich in words and style for prestation of views .
I wish to continue as long as SatiGuRu ji permits me .
With all the best wishes

Prakash.s.Bagga

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
prakash s bagga ji

Thanks for the vote of support. You are both kind and gracious, and you have contributed so much to our forum over months and months. I think you wanted this message in a different thread. I will move it, once I find it. Right now I am lost in the search.

:grinningsingh:

inder preet

SPNer
Jun 11, 2013
waheguru ji da khalsa waheguru ji di fatah to all the members who have joined spn .
I am inderpreet from india i was very much interested to know about sikhism bt i hvnt found ne platform for this but i am very happy to see this spn which has given me a platform to ask my queries nd learn about sikh culture and sikh history more nd more .

thank you
spn.:japosatnamwaheguru:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM