• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Oct 5, 2011
Sat Sri Akal. My name is Kerry, and well, I am Muslim, not Sikh. I am 18 years old. I am just on this site to learn a bit more about Sikhism from actual Sikhs. I have been pretty disappointed with religious online forums so far though because of the level of prejudice and narrow-mindedness when it comes to people of other religions. Anyways, I just love learning about all religions, really. My hobbies include: reading, listening to music, watching movies, and learning languages.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Sat Sri Akal. My name is Kerry, and well, I am Muslim, not Sikh. I am 18 years old. I am just on this site to learn a bit more about Sikhism from actual Sikhs. I have been pretty disappointed with religious online forums so far though because of the level of prejudice and narrow-mindedness when it comes to people of other religions. Anyways, I just love learning about all religions, really. My hobbies include: reading, listening to music, watching movies, and learning languages.

Sat shri akaal and welcome, Kerry ji!

welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur

I think I qualify as an actual Sikh. I agree. It's better to learn about us from us than from others, just as it is better to learn about Muslims from actual Muslims!

Please look around the site. Lots of different points of view on almost everything are in here.

Please use bigger fonts. I have trouble reading such small print.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2011
Sat shri akaal and welcome, Kerry ji!

welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur

I think I qualify as an actual Sikh. I agree. It's better to learn about us from us than from others, just as it is better to learn about Muslims from actual Muslims!

Please look around the site. Lots of different points of view on almost everything are in here.

Please use bigger fonts. I have trouble reading such small print.

It is nice to meet you. :) What should I call you exactly? Lol, alright, I will use larger font!

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!

Welcome Kelly ji. It is always interesting for us too to have different perspectives on the interfaith threads. I'm glad you've joined us as this is the most open minded and fair internet forum I have come across! Hope you learn lots and enjoy your time here welcomekaur

Oct 5, 2011
Welcome Kelly ji. It is always interesting for us too to have different perspectives on the interfaith threads. I'm glad you've joined us as this is the most open minded and fair internet forum I have come across! Hope you learn lots and enjoy your time here welcomekaur

Thank you. :grinningkaur:

Oct 5, 2011
Welcome Kelly ji,

I do hope that so far you have gained information and insight from your stay here. I have been off line for nearly a week, and just now have the privilege of welcoming you. Do enjoy enjoy enjoy welcomekaur

Hehe, my name is actually Kerry. xD But it's okay, many people get it wrong! What is your name?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
teresedia ji

Welcome to SPN. My advice in the earliest stages is to study and read and immerse yourself in discussions among Sikhs. Do not make any decisions in a hasty manner. Conversion is a big step no matter the religions involved because along with that conversion comes a change in life-style and social identity. Make this journey a safe journey and a warm and supportive journey. Do not go looking for times, places, and opportunities to encounter argument and friction if friction can be avoided. Be inwardly confident you have made the right choice. Then you will be able to walk away from needless debate, and also keep the friends and family who are worth keeping. Your life will be increased in blessings that way.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM