• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Welcome, Signey ji,welcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomemundawelcomekaur

We have a couple things in common. We're both close to the same age - I'm a bit older 58, - but close and I lived in Anchorage for a time in the 1990s. Long, bright, lovely summer days and long, dark, cold winter nights.

And, I think, a third. I love to learn about just about everything, but especially Sikhi. We have a lot of good people here.

Please relax and enjoy and learn and share. That's what it's all about.

And I suggest a nice, hot cup of ginger tea for those cold nights! And ice cream, yes, even in the Alaskan winter. It's really good with hot ginger tea. icecreamkaur

Oct 7, 2010
Thank you Mai Harinder Ji, (is that correct or should I include the Kaur too?)
See....my first question here. :shykudi:
Ginger tea and ice cream......yum! Sounds lovely. I appreciate your welcome and I hope to learn so much!

Thank you!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Signey ji

Welcome Welcome to SPN. Your introductory comments ring so full of a desire to learn and discover. I hope you are never disappointed here or thwarted in your journey in any way.

Please feel free to seek the support of our leaders and mentors whenever you need that.

Please enjoy all of our resources. And do not forget to start threads and take part in discussions.

Thanks for joining up.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Thank you Mai Harinder Ji, (is that correct or should I include the Kaur too?)
See....my first question here. :shykudi:
Ginger tea and ice cream......yum! Sounds lovely. I appreciate your welcome and I hope to learn so much!

Thank you!

People generally call me Mai. OK, they call me Mai ji, just because they are very polite and there is no accounting for Punjabi customs. Actually, Mai is a nickname given me by my Dad; my name is really Harinder Kaur. There's a bunch more, but that's enough for now. No need to use last names among friends.

I have asked to be labeled the court jester here, but "they" have not complied. I believe a sense of humour and a nice cup of tea (ginger or otherwise, with or without ice cream - or frozen yogurt, if you're into that. Sorbet will do in a pinch, but really something richer is called for. But I digress.) will solve most of the problems facing us in this life.

:geekkaur:

Last edited:

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL JI.

Welcome to this forum and you will have a complete turning point to under your self and others under the shadows of Gurbani and Gurui Nanak Dev Ji's teachings.

Sikh way of life is most practicals to follow than abandoning the normal life to be isolated from the living world.

Jaspai

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Dear Joshua,
A very warm welcome welcomekaur

This is the perfect place for questions and for sharing your thoughts too as we each have a unique persepctive of the world!

I live in a Jewish dominated area and feel we have a fair bit in common :thumbsuppp:
Jasleen Kaur

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
knowledge_seeker, joshua ji! Welcome to SPN.

Here at SPN there is a lot to tackle. So take your time and snoop around, and you won't be without many resources at your finger tips! I am glad that you joined, and hope you will participate in discussions and start threads. It is great to make a new friend. :)

Aug 28, 2010
KNOWLEDGE_SEEKER,
DIVINE GREETINGS,
I heartly wecome you to this forum.I am sure you will enjoy sharing your views and will get what you may be seeking for,
With best wishes,
Prakash.S.Bagga

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL JI.

Joshua JI.

Welcome to the real modern concept of way of life and learning from Guru Granth Sahib Ji,the only hand written scripture by Gurus themselves is present in Golden temple.

The Guru Granth Sahib Ji gives us universal guidance to live normal life and pass this journey of life by appreciating the CREATOR.

As you remember in 50ies we were taught in our schools that ATOM can not be sub-divided but yes we proved it can be divided.

Similarly Guru Nanak Dev Ji came and proved to this world and existing religions ,worshiping of statues gods at that time that there is no Hindu or Muslim or any other religions but we all come from the one light (CREATOR) and there is no one is superior between each others.

But we are still divided by organized religions which create differences between each others thus create hatred between different faiths .

Since our modern Sikhs so called Sikh leaders started to organized SIKH religion instead of universal faith resulted in several divisions in Sikh communities who re-invented eradicated cast system to practice..

Guru Nanak Dev Ji preaches self respect for all beings and teaches to follow fundamental principals of living to cross this journey of life with dignity.

A true path which was never preached before Guru Nanak Dev Ji's to let all being understand that we all are creations of one CREATOR and no one is superior or inferior by birth.

Sikhism is universal faith for all walks of life and origin which promotes world harmony regardless of any genders or origins.

You will have a truthful experiences being in Sikh philosophy forum as it is said.

"Truth is the highest virtue and higher than is truthful livings"

TRUTH is a name of CREATOR as Guru Nanak Dev Ji awakened the world to follow a prime concept of Almighty.

Jaspi

hi my name is Joshua and i was born and raised a messianic jew but recently however i have been drawn in bycuriousity to the ideology of Sikhs. i hope while i am on this website i can have many of the questions cycling through my head answered. ^.^

otilia

SPNer
Jul 29, 2009
Wellcome Joshua!!!!!
welcomekaur

this is a lovely forum for thinking and questioning out loud... there are nice good people who will share with you their faith, and kindness.... since I am not sikh.. but admire their religion and how the live it...reccomend U absolutelly the forum...!!!
my best wishes
Otilia
:veryhappykaur:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Hi, Joshua, and welcome!welcomekaurwelcomemunda

We have a very diverse group here and everyone is welcome. I think Sikhi is really cool. icecreamkaur For me it is that "something to live for, worth dying for." And I know what I'm talking about, having been in that position. (More on that later. Maybe. If you're interested.)

Feel free to ask whatever is on your mind. I am not expert on Sikhi, but I'll answer anything I can and refer you to others, if I can't. One of the best things to me about being a Sikh is the emphasis on optimism and "high spirits" (chardi kala).

You have been a member of a group that I have been curious about since the 1970s, when I was first approached by messianic Jews. Do you mind if I ask some questions that have been simmering for a long time?

In the meantime, I recommend some ice cream and steaming ginger tea.

Ajay-N-Jay

SPNer
Oct 14, 2010
Washington
I am new to the path of Sikhism, but as I read more and more about it it seems as though I have always followed the philosophy with my heart. I have talked to my family about Sikhism and my views (the members of my family are all Christian) yet, most of them have been very encouraging. They're actually trying to encourage me to go to Gurdwara!

I'm really nervous about going to Gurdwara for the first time, but I'll save that for another thread, as I have so many questions. I'm just excited that my family is accepting of my choice, for the most part.

Anyways, I'm a 20 year old college student. I am studying to be a special education teacher

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ajay-N-Jay ji

Welcome to SPN. Yes -- you will be drawn into a world of good reading, good questions and good discussions. Please linger and enjoy what we have to offer.

We can only grow through these conversations. Your parents show remarkable wisdom in the way they are encouraging you on your path of discovery as you reach full adulthood and are ready to make important choices.

Their wisdom is something to treasure.

Here is a thread that may answer some questions about gurdwara. http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/new-to-sikhism/25846-gurdwara-what-to-expect-simple-overview.html

You can find more threads like this one in the New To Sikhism section.

Read away! Question away! And come back, for more.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Welcome and welcome! welcomemundawelcomekaur

It's always exciting to me to have someone new who has discovered the beauty of Sikhi. You are really blessed to have the support of your family. I guess you know that already.

This is one of the friendliest, most accepting forums on the Net, which is why I choose to hang out here. Feel free to ask, discuss and share whatever is concerning you about Sikhi. Although no one person may have all the answers, collectively we're pretty knowledgeable.

Of course, it might get a little confusing when you get a dozen different answers to the same question.

Relax, enjoy, and have an ice cream and ginger tea on me! icecreamkudi

perwinder

SPNer
Oct 14, 2010
Delhi
Re: Introducing Myself and need help

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

To know me. :blueturban:

I also need a support from Canada sangat (If someone could do it), I am planning to move to Canada for one year specialize study programme in project management. I dont have enough funds to eligible for study visa. I do have 3 lacs but still i need 7 lacs to go for this study and then work their. I have done MBA in 2006 and have 4 years of experience in research projects. Worked with Harvard and Chicago Uni Professors. But, now, due to lack of opportunity in my field, not getting suitable jobs.

Looking forward

Personal email removed. Please contact perwinder ji by private message. The blog link was also removed. Contact me if you need to know why. Forum members can also find the link to his blog on his profile. Click on his name and then look for the Contacts Tab. It is right there. spnadmin
Thanks

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: Introducing Myself and need help

perwinder ji

I wish you blessings for a brilliant future. Your turn will come and an educated person like you will achieve all goals set, with the grace of Waheguru. I have checked your blog and it looks very interesting at first blush.

Welcome to SPN. We are happy you have signed on an look with enthusiasm to reading your comments here.

:)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM