• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

hardeep9963

SPNer
Oct 28, 2012
Hi I am Hardeep Singh Garewak, glad to join SPN.

am looking for the best English translation of the Guru Granth Sahibji - with bith Hindi and English text.

any help would be welcome,

thanks

Hardeep

Oct 28, 2012
My Name is Sham Sunder Kumar from Noida, near Delhi, India. I grew up seeing my mother sitting for Japji Saheb Path daily. I never understood the meaning of a single word but the rythem used to be like honey to my ears. She left the world 10 years back but the rythem still remains. One fine morning I said to myself why should I not try to know what Japji Saheb is all about. I talked to one of my sikh friends who helped me in getting a book JAPJI SAHEB TEEKA by Prof: Saheb Singh in Hindi. Since its' written in Gurmukhi Script, Prof Saheb Singh Ji has given clear meanings of main words & then BHAVARTH & SPASHTIKARAN..a wonderful job.

My journey of reading & understanding from the beginning to the end totally changed the way I used to think & taking my life. I am more peaceful & happier.
For a new comer the language of Japji Saheb is difficult to understand & everytime one can not go back to the reference book to understand the meaning. So I decided to give IT a poetic form in a very very simple Hindi. It took me almost a year or so to complete the job. I am sure it will need lot of editing. In the meantime, I have ordered 8 books to Singh Bros, Amritsar including Translation by Khwaja Dil Mohammud ji (in Devnagri) to do more deeper study of the subject so that I can give my best.

In this regard, I have no idea if I can get any help to know the subject more & more deeply, kindly let me know if I can get some material to increase my knowledge.

Thanks & Regards,
Sham Sunder Kumar

Hi people of the world :) my name is Pavneet Singh, and I have just signed up for these forums. i will be posting alot, as I am young and have many questions on my mind. hope you all can answer them :happymunda:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Veer ji welcome and what kind of help are you looking for? Everyone gets something different out of Guru ji's bani so perhaps an alternate"someone else's" view may be what you want to see.

There is a section devoted to Japji Sahib as follows,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/jap-ji-sahib/

Perhaps you can gain as well as share in that section.

Regards.

ruval

SPNer
May 30, 2012
Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh.....

I am Ratan deep Singh and i am from Allahabad(India). Registered long back on this forum but finally got to put in my first post to introduce myself:grinningkaur:...Here to learn more about our shabad guru from the forum members and fellow brothers and sisters....Please guide me in this spiritual path!
Regards!
Ratandeep Singh

Oct 28, 2012
Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh.....

My name is Sham Sunder Kumar from Noida & believe in one God one religion i.e. religion of Humanity. My curiosity to know & understand why my mother had so much of respect for Japji Saheb & why I always get attracted to the subjects when anybody discusses about Guru Granth Sahib Ji's teachings.

Since God recently gave me opportunity to come out of routine mess of life, I decided to study Japji Saheb & understand the indepth philosophy. The process is still on but whatever I could learn, is very close to what I believe in.

Since I am a poet, I also have already translated the same in to very simple Hindi Poetry but
would like to keep on editing till I am very very sure of keeping the contents very close to what Japji Saheb teaches. When sure, would contact Scholars in Sikhism for their approvals.

I also read various topics on this site & found very informative & educative.

Thanks & Regards,
Sham Sunder Kumar

Nov 9, 2012
Guru Fateh to All!

This is Bibi Satnamkaur from mumbai, currently engaged in conducting workshop on Gurbani for children in various Gurudwaras and Schools of Mumbai, India.

Now experimenting with Social Media these days in order to reach out to children across various continents, and conduct such sessions on Gurbani over Skype/Google hangout.

Facebook and Linkedin.com profile have also been prepared.t

Chardi Kala!
Sarbat Da Bhala!

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam _/|\_

Welcome Bibi Ji!

Sounds like a wonderful job. Must be so rewarding!

Nam Jiwan :mundabhangra:

Guru Fateh to All!

This is Bibi Satnamkaur from mumbai, currently engaged in conducting workshop on Gurbani for children in various Gurudwaras and Schools of Mumbai, India.

Now experimenting with Social Media these days in order to reach out to children across various continents, and conduct such sessions on Gurbani over Skype/Google hangout.

Facebook and Linkedin.com profile have also been prepared.t

Chardi Kala!
Sarbat Da Bhala!

Nov 11, 2012
Can some body tel me the meaning of "sindauraa" in shabad-"dagmag chhad de man bauraa.....ab to jare mar sidh paiye linhe haath sinaduraa" my email is <shashipal.s@gmail.com>

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
Can somebody tell me the meaning of the word "sandaura" in bhajan "DAGMAG CHHAD DE MAN BAURAA, LINE HAATH SANDAURAA"?

There is a shalok of Sant Kabir Ji in Sri Guru Granth Sahib reading "Kabir ahsi hoyi pardi mun ko bhavat keen, marne te kiya darpana jab haath sidhaura leen."
The meaning of this shalok is " Kabir says, Such is the situation as a consequence to my actions emanating from my heart's desires, then why be afraid of death, when the would-be sati has held a COCONUT in her hand ready to die by burning on her husband's pyre.
In simple words " when I have lived the life as per My mind's direction, why to be afraid of death, when the would be satti has already held a COCONUT in her hand decided to die on her husband's pyre.
SIDHAURA= Coconut.

daljitkaur78

SPNer
Nov 12, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am here looking for information, answers.....and people who might be feeling the same way I do.
I have recently sparked an interest in learning about Sikhi and its philosophy. I feel I don't know anything. I have talked to many friends and family about this and question, why are we so out of touch with our faith? Why are we not grounded in our faith? The answer I feel and others agreed with me is that we don't trust the people in the Sikh faith anymore. We cut our hair on our body and don't do any paat, but yet we are spiritual and strongly believe in our Waheguru and our good contributing citizens of society. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this, but I feel that Sikhi is only portrayed with people who have beards and turbans. If you open up a pamphlet or watch something on tv regarding Sikhi, i find its mostly people with Dastar's. So people like myself feel left out not knowing where to stand. So recently i have started to do my own research and am reading books from the 18th century written by JD Cunningham and Malcolm. And I realized that I am a Sikh even though I cut my hair and don't do paat, etc. I also have this perception that there are a lot of fundamental sikhs in my society and are portraying Sikhi in an unattractive style that makes no sense. I am turned off of the table and chairs battle, or mandatory covering your head, or preaching that eating meat is forbidden.
anyways....im frustrated and I need to know that I am not the only one feeling this way....or maybe I am the only one.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: