• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Alauddin

SPNer
Aug 7, 2004
Welcome to the forum, fellow Alevite ;)

We shouldn't be differentiating religions and giving them names. All religions are ONE. All paths lead to the 'Oneness'. Why don't we suggest a new name for it instead of Islam ? Afterall, Sikhism is yet another form of Islam.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Alauddin said:
Welcome to the forum, fellow Alevite ;)

We shouldn't be differentiating religions and giving them names. All religions are ONE. All paths lead to the 'Oneness'. Why don't we suggest a new name for it instead of Islam ? Afterall, Sikhism is yet another form of Islam.
Dear Alauddin ji,

All paths lead to the 'Oneness'. Thats 100% true, as per my beliefs.

Consider following statements:
Sikhism is another form of Hinduism
Islam is another form of Christianity
Budhism is another form of Sikhism

Somehow, I feel above statements are 100% false. Do u think so Alauddin ji?

Regards.

Jun 1, 2004
Happy Birthday Jaskeerat Kaur Ji (freespirit) !!!

Sat Sri Akal Jaskeerat Ji,

Many many happy returns for they day to you and your family... simply enjoy life !!! And where is my piece of cake ? ;)

And you are hardly seen over these forums ? Any specific reasons.

Best Regards

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Many Many Happy Returns of the Day to Loving Jaskeerat :)

Akaal Purakh sareya'n te mehar kare

Enjoy your present day and future life full of sikhi

Best Regards

freespirit

SPNer
Jul 17, 2004
Thank You for your wishes.

Hello everyone...Jaskeerat here. Thank You so much for the birthday wishes...that was ver very thoughtful on your part. I'm sorry I haven't been able to post but I'm in the middle of writing two stories...so after I am done writing a chapter or two the computer becomes tiresome. I am taking a break from those stories...lots and lots of writer's block in that area LOL...so I'll be posting here more often. School is also starting on Monday...so I'll try to come here every saturday when that happens. :)

Bye,

Jaskeerat

Jun 1, 2004
Re: Introducing Member's Chatroom Facility

Sat Sri Akal,

Our network has now full featured Chat Room for its members ;)... Just check the link in the main menu towards the top of the screen (just below where your login id displays towards the right hand side of the screen) and click 'FlashChat' and there you go... only members are eligible to enter these chat rooms... In case you are unable to find the link above... let us know...

enjoy !!!

Best Regards

Sep 2, 2004
Midlands,UK
Re: Hello Sikhs!

Hello Heathen!Sat Sri Akal.
I think you are not so much a lost soul,but rather an ardent seeker.I can assure you that having come to Sikhism website,you have arrived!Now you can tap into the highest wisdom of the Universe.Everything else is below this.You have been roaming and grazing in wide pastures and by-lanes.Now drive on the Highway.Says the Guru,"Gurmukh gaadi rah chalanda" meaning that the Guru-ward drives on the Highway of Life.So welcome,good luck and happy driving!Bole so Nihaal,Sat Sri Akal!:)

Singhstah

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
UK
hi

fateh sangat ji, another member kindly requested me to post my intro, so heres a little about myself. im thirteen years old, i love sikhi.keertan and simran(especially akj style)i like playing xbox and my fav sport is basketball,my fav book is in search of the true guroo by bhai rama singh ji,and im a khalistani,thats all for now :D

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Re: hi

Dear Singhstah ji

I feeel very happy to see so young people like you taking lead in sikhi you are really very fortunate and Akal purakh has showered its blessing over you at such a young age , When i see such young Khalsas if feel like bowing down my head in remembrance of akal purakh

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India

dear singhstah

seeing you on the forums reminds me of the centuries old tradition of sikhism that sikhi has nothing to do with age as we had gurus as young as guruharkrishan sahibji
guru chardikala bakshe

Singhstah

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
UK

thanks for the warm welcome guys :cool:

Dear Singhstah ji

I feeel very happy to see so young people like you taking lead in sikhi you are really very fortunate and Akal purakh has showered its blessing over you at such a young age , When i see such young Khalsas if feel like bowing down my head in remembrance of akal purakh

dear singhstah

seeing you on the forums reminds me of the centuries old tradition of sikhism that sikhi has nothing to do with age as we had gurus as young as guruharkrishan sahibji
guru chardikala bakshe

i'm no khalsa i'm not even amritdhari, i'm just trying to learn and its great to have guys like you all to learn with on this forum :)

navsimpson

SPNer
Oct 30, 2004
Toronto
Searching for meaning - and discussion!

Hi all,

Came across this site unexpectedly, though part of me feels like it was for a reason... so this is my hello.

I have for almost my entire life been highly skeptical - if not disdainful - of 'religion' as such. However, my life has recently taken a turn for the worse. In the midst of my desperation, I borrowed a cd from my mum that contains shabad kirtan and an english commentary. Surprisingly (or perhaps not) I have found it immensely helpful in understanding how I have worked to get my life in this state. I am thus, while still immensely skeptical of 'finding all the answers' in religion, finding myself very curious about the tenets of Sikhism, its philosophy and how I might now engage it from a new perspective - one that forgets my often hostile feelings towards religion. I am 'Sikh', though in all honesty, that means little more than a general familiarity with its basic ideas and a kada on my wrist worn more for a kind of cultural rootedness than anything else.

So I guess I'm saying hello and that I hope to learn something.

Navneet

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
Re: Searching for meaning - and discussion!

dear navneet

i extend a very warm welcome on behalf of all of us on the forum, we all are here for the sole purpose to "seek" and learn together from each other on this journey to seek knowledge and truth..
wish u all the best and once again welcome to the forums
and sincerely hope that you will enjoy your stay here
regards

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM