Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Introducing Myself As New Spn'er

Discussion in 'New SPN'ers' started by Aman Singh, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Balbir27

Balbir27
    Expand Collapse
    Look for what is, not what you think should be
    Writer SPNer

Sat Sri Akal to all
    As a learner, learning and searching, I've reached here by accident after trying for ages to search for the true meaning of Jap Ji Sahib and found (the Internet being one of the sources for information), that you have an online publication regarding this but which could only be accessed by signing up. So here I am.
    After reading numerous books and listening to numerous discourses, I feel that I am none the wiser ,although I think that I am now getting a pretty basic idea (like a kindergarten stage).
    I remember Gyani Maskeen Ji (a Sikh preacher) often quoted a few lines in Punjabi - which in English, the essence is - one asks (from people) the way to reaching God. However those that professed that they knew the way, actually did not know it, and those that actually knew the way, did not know how to describe it (baykhabar).
    So what does one do? Keep searching and trying until one becomes one of those who know but cannot describe.
    I sincerely hope that your site may be able to shed some light for me, on this journey which many of us are on.
    Kind regards to all
    Balbir (Balbir 27)

2. Balbir27

Balbir27
    Expand Collapse
    Look for what is, not what you think should be
    Writer SPNer

Sat Sri Akal to all
    As a learner, learning and searching, I've reached here by accident after trying for ages to search for the true meaning of Jap Ji Sahib and found (the Internet being one of the sources for information), that you have an online publication regarding this but which could only be accessed by signing up. So here I am.
    After reading numerous books and listening to numerous discourses, I feel that I am none the wiser ,although I think that I am now getting a pretty basic idea (like a kindergarten stage).
    I remember Gyani Maskeen Ji (a Sikh preacher) often quoted a few lines in Punjabi - which in English, the essence is - one asks (from people) the way to reaching God. However those that professed that they knew the way, actually did not know it, and those that actually knew the way, did not know how to describe it (baykhabar).
    So what does one do? Keep searching and trying until one becomes one of those who know but cannot describe.
    I sincerely hope that your site may be able to shed some light for me, on this journey which many of us are on.
    Kind regards to all
    Balbir (Balbir 27)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Original

Original
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

....japjisahib is like our conscience. We cannot prove what our conscience tells us, but we know it, nevertheless. Similarly, the more you read n chew japji Sahib the more the flavour spearmint [conscience] you begin to taste.

Explanation

Jap means, to repeat, utter, pronounce, chew, etc.

Utter what ? Pronounce what ? Repeat what ? Chew what ?

Nanak says, "repeat the name of God, remember God with every breath".

What God ?

The God that is your "conscience".

In other words, let your conscience be godly contaminated, godly orientated and godly executive in both thought and deed. Perform therefore good deeds, think therefore good thoughts and know that you are but part of the great God, Satnam.

In a nutshell, that is the premise Nanak invites humankind to adopt and aspire to and leave the rest to God. Try it !

Good luck and welcome to Spiritual Sikhi.

Ciao

Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...     Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution