• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Indian Culinary Center By Geetka Khanna (A Great Food Blog)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Indian Culinary Center

Founded by Geetika Khanna, committed to teaching all aspects of Indian food.

Indian Culinary Center Founded by Geetika Khanna, committed to teaching all aspects of Indian food.

Dear forum readers...Do get ready for a series from this blog. It covers everything about Indian food, including street food.

My inspiration. I have a friend on facebook who publishes recipes and reports of restaurants in Calcutta. We share a love for Indian food from the south. Today he published information about a wonderful dish called bikaneeri bhujiya -- but no recipe.

So I replied in the thread with links to 2 recipes. It looks like a delicious plate, and not too difficult to prepare. Though I have never tasted it.

His reply was -- Oh! But it is not the same unless it is prepared using the water from the region of Bikaneer. To my American ears this is a stunning thing to say. I respect his view very much. But it still seems to me that there is absolutely no way to satisfy such a taste without a trip to India, or possibly even a permanent move, if you want to eat the only true result.

I confess -- I am not a purist about anything, let alone food. So I Googled about this and found this great blog by Gheetka Khanna. The blog is more than recipes. It covers everything related to food, its preparation, and eating it. There is even a section on picky eaters. :veryhappykaur:

Get ready! And I hope you enjoy it.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM