• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hard Talk I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Faith In Sikhi. Maybe Already Have. I Need Advice.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Sat Sri Akaal,

Loosing faith is excellent idea for new researchers who have developed some event beyond existing truth.

but

one shall not loose faith in SELF.

Guru's bani is about SELF understanding of one's own MIND and interaction with Nature and Outer World.

How can one loose faith in SELF understanding

or

one has not understand the subject objectively.

When there are DOUBTS in SELF perception, learning is incomplete, faith comes after CLARITY of doubts.

Doubts
Shall I keep hair or not
Shall I eat flesh or not
Shall I drink alcohal or not
Shall I retain Monogamy or Polygamy are common dubious thoughts of being.
And with DOUBTS on issues one is always collecting information of votes on Pros and Cons to find MY WAY.
With DOUBTS on SELF one is not a learned.
One cannot show way to others.
As one contain. DOUBTS how it can give direction.

If one has to choose path acceptable to all through ages.

Make a choice.

How to choose a PATH

I have made my way.

If my mother/father/wife/son/ daughter follow this way no problem to SELF.

And if none follows still this is MY WAY as this is RIGHT as PATH give by my PREACHER GURU.
and is the righteous path without further dialogues/arguments.

That makes one learned.

POLYGAMY/ Drinking Alcohal/ Shedding Hair/ Flesh Eating
MONOGAMY / Not DRINKING / Keeping Hair/ Non Flesh Eating are PATH to Destination.

Be ONE to SELF which is righteous to SELF and OUTERSELF ones MOTHER FATHER BROTHER SISTER SON DAUGHTER. Be ONE with THEM(OUTER SELF ALSO with RIGHETOUSNESS and ONENESS in MIND.

One can always change the way one thinks and acceptable thoughts are find in other disciplines.

Nature has given abundant space to all thoughts. and all thoughts have physical space.

One can be MUSLIM and polygamist. One can live in those nations and accept them as a whole but not as a part.

Be ONE to get ONE.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Gurbani teaches us to be true to ourselves and to all around us. It teaches us how to be good.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Sat Sri Akaal,

Loosing faith is excellent idea for new researchers who have developed some event beyond existing truth.

but

one shall not loose faith in SELF.

Guru's bani is about SELF understanding of one's own MIND and interaction with Nature and Outer World.

How can one loose faith in SELF understanding

or

one has not understand the subject objectively.

When there are DOUBTS in SELF perception, learning is incomplete, faith comes after CLARITY of doubts.

Doubts
Shall I keep hair or not
Shall I eat flesh or not
Shall I drink alcohal or not
Shall I retain Monogamy or Polygamy are common dubious thoughts of being.
And with DOUBTS on issues one is always collecting information of votes on Pros and Cons to find MY WAY.
With DOUBTS on SELF one is not a learned.
One cannot show way to others.
As one contain. DOUBTS how it can give direction.

If one has to choose path acceptable to all through ages.

Make a choice.

How to choose a PATH

I have made my way.

If my mother/father/wife/son/ daughter follow this way no problem to SELF.

And if none follows still this is MY WAY as this is RIGHT as PATH give by my PREACHER GURU.
and is the righteous path without further dialogues/arguments.

That makes one learned.

POLYGAMY/ Drinking Alcohal/ Shedding Hair/ Flesh Eating
MONOGAMY / Not DRINKING / Keeping Hair/ Non Flesh Eating are PATH to Destination.

Be ONE to SELF which is righteous to SELF and OUTERSELF ones MOTHER FATHER BROTHER SISTER SON DAUGHTER. Be ONE with THEM(OUTER SELF ALSO with RIGHETOUSNESS and ONENESS in MIND.

One can always change the way one thinks and acceptable thoughts are find in other disciplines.

Nature has given abundant space to all thoughts. and all thoughts have physical space.

One can be MUSLIM and polygamist. One can live in those nations and accept them as a whole but not as a part.

Be ONE to get ONE.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Keeping kes and not eating meat are debatable. Bhagats from ages before ours have cut their hair

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

All the doubts are not debatable and personal choice to lead life. Why one shall debate on what others shall eat, live, and lead life. And if someone not feels it right, why one shall debate and be sad about.

Kabeer ji. Kabeera teri kothri gal katiyan ke paas
Jo karenge so bharengey so kyo bhayon udaas.

What one eats feeds body and mind and one acts. We act on what we consume.
For physical body what consume/store is what we eat that burns and release energy for action.
At mind what we consume/ store is thought that utilises physical energy.

Gurus bani says of Mind Stores.

One can serve/educate, but it is self effort to comsume/store.

Others can not make us consume unless one is SICK or in deep Love

So why debate.

It is clearly said to learners SIKH not to DEBATE on these issues,
it is personal.

One should eat, which is not giving health problem.

Are non flesh eating people are without health problems or vice
Versa.

This is personal issue not debatable.

Resolve DUALITY. Within SELF by right education, but not by collecting favourable votes.
DUALITY is rog SICKNESS of society. It devoids progress.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

Mountain

SPNer
May 29, 2018
You won't find many people on here who are out to tear down others beliefs .. Give it a chance

Dear friend, faith is paramount. Remain attached to the central tenet of Gurus instruction: "Guru manayo Granth".

Countless past Sikh and non Sikh generations inspired by Gurus teaching provide unending examples of devout affection for justice and humanity. Hence when disillusioned, focus on this and modern 20th Century greats: Bhai Randhir Singh and Puran Singh. In addition you will find in society today devoted young Sikh men and women serving their communities unconditionally.

You are entitled to question, exercising thought in the interest of others is afterall encouraged by Guru ji.
Crucially, Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our spiritual eternal support, and through honest endeavour and understanding of shabad, doubt shall be overcome.

Specifically on the issue of cast in relation to the Guruship, consider the multitude of contributors to Guru Granth Sahib many of whom are from other faiths and differing castes. Consider further, through acknowledgement of Guru Granth Sahib as the eternal embodiment of the Guru, all Sikhs listen, pray, and bow to shabad Guru which shuns caste and discrimination. Consequently, we do too and acknowledge Shabad Guru is caste free.

Guru Granth Sahib is an examplary statement of equality produced through indescribable historical sacrifice undertaken by the Guruship. Perhaps we ought to reflect on this when confronted by daily challenges.

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
Dear friend, faith is paramount. Remain attached to the central tenet of Gurus instruction: "Guru manayo Granth".

Countless past Sikh and non Sikh generations inspired by Gurus teaching provide unending examples of devout affection for justice and humanity. Hence when disillusioned, focus on this and modern 20th Century greats: Bhai Randhir Singh and Puran Singh. In addition you will find in society today devoted young Sikh men and women serving their communities unconditionally.

You are entitled to question, exercising thought in the interest of others is afterall encouraged by Guru ji.
Crucially, Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our spiritual eternal support, and through honest endeavour and understanding of shabad, doubt shall be overcome.

Specifically on the issue of cast in relation to the Guruship, consider the multitude of contributors to Guru Granth Sahib many of whom are from other faiths and differing castes. Consider further, through acknowledgement of Guru Granth Sahib as the eternal embodiment of the Guru, all Sikhs listen, pray, and bow to shabad Guru which shuns caste and discrimination. Consequently, we do too and acknowledge Shabad Guru is caste free.

Guru Granth Sahib is an examplary statement of equality produced through indescribable historical sacrifice undertaken by the Guruship. Perhaps we ought to reflect on this when confronted by daily challenges.
I don't understand why you have referred that message to me

sanjeetgill

SPNer
Dec 24, 2007
Hi Rajveer,

Just read through your post and haven't seen all the replies but have you ever visited: mysimran.info? There is a lot of material on there which teaches about the true meaning of Sikhi. I also attend a gurdwara in slough - Guru Maneyo Granth Gurdwara. They teach in english and very simple punjabi - all from gurbani every Sunday 11-2pm. There is also a sikh art exhibition there which is like no other - it is the journey of our rich history and the art work is supported by quotes directly from gurbani which is absolutely breathtaking but also so educational and inspiring. Not sure where you are based but worth a visit. The teacher there is very approachable and welcomes any questions - all answers of which are evidenced with gurbani so you know you are not being told anything wrong.

Without Shape Without Form
mysimran.info | The Purpose of Your Life is to Meet God

I would like to share my experience but I think its best to speak to someone who knows everything about Sikhi, the real Sikhi, not the warped version which is being banded about nowadays.

Hope this helps somewhat. Don't turn your back on Sikhi - its the most beautiful and simple religion in the world whose teaching is for all of humanity not just punjabis! To be Sikh is to be a learner and all of humanity are learners.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Just read through your post and haven't seen all the replies but have you ever visited: mysimran.info? There is a lot of material on there which teaches about the true meaning of Sikhi.
the true meaning of Sikhi is a very big debate, to some it is more than meditation

sanjeetgill

SPNer
Dec 24, 2007
the true meaning of Sikhi is a very big debate, to some it is more than meditation

Gurbani teaches us the purpose of life which is to meet waheguru whilst we are living. We can achieve this only by meditating on his name be that waheguru, ram, allah etc. Chanting his name is the key to the Sikh journey.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Gurbani teaches us the purpose of life which is to meet waheguru whilst we are living. We can achieve this only by meditating on his name be that waheguru, ram, allah etc. Chanting his name is the key to the Sikh journey.

Some have other paths, too. :)

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

hmmm in your opinion, its just your opinion, I am of the opinion it is through living and getting burned, in my opinion chanting is the key to self hypnosis, we are all different, there are many many different opinions on what is the key to the Sikh journey, we tend to debate them here rather than preach

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
But we are talking about the Sikh path here...?!

Yes. Some people are into sitting and chanting as you have recommended, and others take a different path. That's all I'm saying. The PDF I shared might give you some more information.

sanjeetgill

SPNer
Dec 24, 2007
hmmm in your opinion, its just your opinion, I am of the opinion it is through living and getting burned, in my opinion chanting is the key to self hypnosis, we are all different, there are many many different opinions on what is the key to the Sikh journey, we tend to debate them here rather than preach
I’m in no position to preach so apologies if that’s what you took from that post just sharing what I have learnt in the last few years.

What’s hard to understand is why there are so many opinions on what the Sikh journey is when it is quite clear in gurbani.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
The sad thing is it really shouldn’t be a debate. If we listen to what gurbani teaches us it’s very simple.
au contaire, then we would have people like you maintaining that we should all meditate, so it cannot be that simple, what gurbani teaches you and what it teaches me is very different

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM