• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General ICheese

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
iCheese

These are from the book "Who Moved My Cheese?" by Spencer Johnson, M.D.

Change Happens
They Keep Moving the Cheese

Anticipate Change
Get Ready for the Cheese to Move

Monitor Change
Smell the Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old

Adapt to Change Quickly
The Quicker You Let Go of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese

Change Move with the Cheese
Enjoy Change! Savor the Adventure and the Taste of New Cheese!

Be Ready to Quickly Change Again and Again
They Keep Moving the Cheese

These are some real-life cheese rules.

1. Never give your old cheese away in anticipation of finding new cheese.
  2. Never turn down cheese offered to you, even if you already have too much.
  3. Never turn down cheese offered to you just because you've never seen that kind before and have no idea what to do with it. When someone brings unfamiliar cheese to you, your response should be "I've done this many times."
  4. Don't let anyone else know you've found some cheese.
  5. Don't share your cheese.
  6. Cheese can go away at any time without notice, hence #5.
  7. Cheese can go bad at any time. When this happens, disregard #5 and go ahead and share your cheese. An added benefit of this is that it will appear as if you're finding cheese for others (Hey? isn't this what the managers are supposed to be doing?) and you'll be a hero.
  8. Do not ask for tools (e.g. software, or a computer that is at least as fast as the secretary's) that will help you bring in new cheese.
  9. Do not expect your head cheese (i.e. manager, but we wanted to use the word cheese as much as possible) to find you cheese. You are expected to find the cheese. (Just where did you think they get their overhead?)
  10. If you let your head cheese find you some cheese, it will be out in the desert*, or maybe even out of state (remember - out of state, out of mind. Umm, actually I just made that up).
  11. Be careful. Just because it looks like cheese and/or smells like cheese, it may not actually be cheese.1 (This reminds us of the Cheech2 and Chong3 dog story4. If you don't know who Cheech and Chong are then go to an antique store and try to find one of their records.5 Or you could look at their website. - editor)And finally,
  12. Never cut the cheese (oh come on, you were thinking this yourself).
iCheese

Let's discuss more from our perspectives in SPN.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
NamJap ji

Not if you make the cheese yourself --- hah! But watch...the rats will try to take it away from you. Rats on board!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Uses of "cheese" in English slang...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]cheese: moola baby (money, lots of it)
Example: i hate spendin cheese on women
cheese: To be happy and not worry.
Example: Don't cry. Life is short, so just be cheese.
cheese and rice: Jesus Christ.
Example: Cheese and rice! Would you look at that?
cheese it: Co leave quickly, usually because of fast apporaching danger. This phrase is most often yelled to alert other people to leave immediately, but can also mean get out of here in a more relaxed sense.
Example: Cheese it, the Feds! and Ready to go? Let's cheese it, then.
cheese music: trendy, pop music, the radio stations like to play these same songs about 100 times a day
Example: like boy bands and ditzy 16 year old girls, e.i. Back Street Boys and Brittney Spears
cheese n' crackers got all mud: A mild expletive based on mangling Jesus Christ God Almighty.
Example: Cheese n' crackers got all muddy, I dropped the collection plate.
cheese wagon: A large, yellow, American school bus.
Example: Until I can afford a Camaro I have to take the cheese wagon to school.
cheese-a-delic: Something that is far beyond cheesy. (I would like to give credit to Ms. Schantz, my English teacher for coming up with this marvel to the English language.)
Example: The TV show _The Prisoner_ has incredibly cheese-a-delic special effects.
cheesecaking: The act of sitting and staring into space and not doing anything, like a hunk of cheesecake.
Example: He's been cheesecaking for half an hour. Someone should send him out to get the groceries or something.
cheesed: To be extremely angry with someone or something, extreme aggression
Example: Ex. That guy hit your car? I'd be cheesed!
cheesed: Extremely happy.
Example: Every time I see Julie, I'm cheesed.
cheesed: Broken or otherwise non-functional
Example: It looks like Dave's computer is cheesed again.
cheesefactory: Used in this phrase or something similar: Yeah, and I own a cheesefactory. It is the sarcastic reply to anything anyone says.
Example: You always lose your job. I got a new one. Yeah, and I won a cheesefactory.
cheeser: a cheesy person, a poser, someone who adopts trends and/or beliefs that are trendy, dated or just plain lame
Example: That guy with the mullet cut and Starter jacket thinks he's so cool. What a cheeser!
cheesidue: (n) The thin layer of residue left on the blade of a knife after cutting a slice from a block of cheese.
Example: It is a good idea to clean the cheesidue off of the knife before putting it back in the drawer.
cheesy: Cheep, tacky or tasteless.
Example: Did you see that cheesy movie on TV last night? OR
The car mechanic charged you a clean up fee too? That's so Cheesy!
cheesy feet: When you have been wearing sneakers all day with no socks and you take your sneakers off, your feet smell like parmesan cheese.
Example: I just walked the dogs and I can't take off my shoes because I will have cheesy feet.

Source at this link
[/FONT]http://www.slangsite.com/slang/C.html

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Where's the cheese in this ?

7 years ago Citibank approached me to concentrate on Property Sale by Private Treaty by helping NPL accounts resolve their dilemma. Did quite well until CCRIS was introduced. After that my sales dropped to negligible. But two years later the officer at Citibank called me again. They told me to concentrate on Auction Sales.

I formed and motivated a group of small investors who quickly picked up a dozen foreclosed properties in no time. Then another two more groups were in the making. They heavily depended on me for the follow-ups. I couldn't cope single-handedly and the small group of investors had over-invested by now. The whole episode was short-lived but worth it.

Now after 5 years, I am reviewing the scenario and something interesting was found along the way. I had a client who wasn't really interested in properties because he was a high stake stock market player. I managed to convince him that it is good to keep a few assets which are not readily convertible into cash. I successfully bidded and secured two very small properties for half the developer's price. He was so happy that he told me to purchase three more similar props.

Today, he is broke and wiped out clean, lost all his money, house and business because he lost in a lawsuit as a defendant. But he still has these 5 small props untouched.

Sometimes, what you cannot convert into cash is a great blessing in disguise.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Aad Ji,

If one is a good cheese maker, the rats relentlessly follow your trail.
Anyone for rat meat ?

The saying goes, earning money is difficult and even more difficult to save it.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Aad Ji,

If one is a good cheese maker, the rats relentlessly follow your trail.
Anyone for rat meat ?

The saying goes, earning money is difficult and even more difficult to save it.

Probably goes against the International Laws governing humane treatment of "rats." But the real ones range from totally cute to totally dangerous.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Adapt to Change Quickly
The Quicker You Let Go of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese

The above contradicts the below

Never give your old cheese away in anticipation of finding new cheese.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
The above contradicts the below

namjap ji,

I disagree, contradiction is superficial. Reread it" The Quicker You Let Go of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New cheese"
Here action is suggested to let go old cheese after having the new cheese in hands.
Lets reread the second one

"Never give your old cheese away in anticipation of finding new cheese. w Cheese"
Here suggestion is given about not to let go the old cheese before getting the new cheese in hands.
aad ji can see if I understand it all right.:)
[/FONT]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
pk70 ji

A lot of the cheese conversation has been escaping me. It has something to do with taking care of your financial resources -- and protecting them against "rats." So I think I do agree that new cheese has to be on the plate before old cheese gets trashed. But maybe I am wrong. :D

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: