• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Kirtan I Need Shabad Keynotes/Surs For Kirtan Recital!

Feb 4, 2009

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: I need surs!!

I am not sure singhisking ji what "surs" means. You may mean the words to the shabad but I don't want to waste your time.

But please send a private message to NamJap who will be able to help because he is a music teacher.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Then definitely you want to contact NamJap for an answer. Because he is in a Malaysia timezone I think you posted just after he signed off. There is a 12 to 15 hour differences depending on your time zone. 12 hours for the east coast; 15 for the west coast. So figure -- he will be online approximately 0200 Eastern Standard time, unless he takes a day off. But I think he will see this thread and answer. However, you should definitely send a pm or write your question on his profile.

kiram

SPNer
Jan 26, 2008

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!
Waheguru Je Ke Fateh!

I have been assigned a shabad to do for a kirtan program recently, and I asked our local Bhai Sahib, if he could give me the surs for the shabad. He is being really uncoopertive so could any one here give me the surs for this ( Sikh Sangeet - Harjinder Singh (Sri Nagar Wale) - Babar Bani - Shabad Kirtan Gurbani Uchaaran Dharmik Katha Gurmat Veechar Dhadi Vaaran Live Recordings Smagam ) (its the last one).

Thanks

Kabir

Fateh ji,

Is it the last Shabad on the link page "Jaise Mai Aavai Khasam Kee Baanee... "

Namjap ji, it would be wonderful if you could enlighten us with the surs..

:wah:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Then definitely you want to contact NamJap for an answer.

OK, I've already heard the piece just now. The taal is 8 beats. Therefore the sargam follows the construction of the 8 beat cycle.

Give me some time, because I have to bring back my harmonium from the music centre and then only will I be able to get down to writing the sargam.

Thanks for waiting. :welcome:

Feb 4, 2009

OK, I've already heard the piece just now. The taal is 8 beats. Therefore the sargam follows the construction of the 8 beat cycle.

Give me some time, because I have to bring back my harmonium from the music centre and then only will I be able to get down to writing the sargam.

Thanks!!

I really appreciate it!!

Feb 4, 2009

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!
Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Thanks for working on my shabad.

I was wondering what was the earliest time you could get the sargam by?

If for some reason, you are two busy, or have something else come up, could you please let me know so I can try to get the sargam from somebody else.

Thanks,

Kabir Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!
Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Yes, I'm busy these days.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: