• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru Nanak Talks To Siddhas Of Himalayas - 2

Mar 30, 2012
The Yogis ask Guru Nanak:

कवन तुमे किआ नाउ तुमारा कउनु मारगु कउनु सुआओ ॥
साचु कहउ अरदासि हमारी हउ संत जना बलि जाओ ॥
कह बैसहु कह रहीऐ बाले कह आवहु कह जाहो ॥
नानकु बोलै सुणि बैरागी किआ तुमारा राहो ॥२॥

सुआओ - उद्देश्य; मनोरथ (Objective, Aim); कह बैसहु - कहाँ रहते हो (Where do you live) |

कवन तुमे किआ नाउ तुमारा कउनु मारगु कउनु सुआओ ॥
Who are you? What is your name? What is your way? What is your goal?

साचु कहउ अरदासि हमारी हउ संत जना बलि जाओ ॥
I answer you very truthfully; That I sacrifice myself to the humble Saints.

कह बैसहु कह रहीऐ बाले कह आवहु कह जाहो ॥
Where is your seat? Where do you live, dear? Where did you come from, and where are you going?

नानकु बोलै सुणि बैरागी किआ तुमारा राहो ॥२॥
Tell us, Nanak - the detached Siddhas wait to hear your reply. What is your path?" ||2||

The yogis ask: Who are you? What is your name? You are following which path? Guru Sahib answers very sweetly and humbly: I speak truly that I pray to the Lord that I sacrifice myself to the saints. After hearing the loving and humble words of Guru Sahib, yogis were impressed and asked: O dear! Where do you live ? From where you have come and where you will go? Which path do you follow? Guru Sahib answers:

योगी पूछते हैं: तुम कौन हो? तुम्हारा नाम क्या है ? तुम किस मार्ग पर चलने वाले हो और तुम्हारा वास्तविक उद्देश्य क्या है ? गुरु साहिब मीठे और नम्रता पूर्वक लहजे में कहतें हैं: मैं सत्य कहता हूँ कि मेरी उस कर्ता के सामने यही प्रार्थना है कि मैं संतो पर बलिहारी जाऊं | गुरु साहिब का प्रेम और नम्रता पूर्ण उत्तर सुनकर योगी प्रभावित हो जाते हैं और विनम्रता से पूछते हैं: हे बाले ! तुम कहाँ रहते हो ? तुम कहाँ से आये हो और कहाँ जाओगे? तुम्हारा मार्ग क्या है ? गुरु साहिब उत्तर देते हैं :

घटि घटि बैसि निरंतरि रहीऐ चालहि सतिगुर भाए ॥
सहजे आए हुकमि सिधाए नानक सदा रजाए ॥
आसणि बैसणि थिरु नाराइणु ऐसी गुरमति पाए ॥
गुरमुखि बूझै आपु पछाणै सचे सचि समाए ॥३॥

बैस - विराजमान (Located)|

घटि घटि बैसि निरंतरि रहीऐ चालहि सतिगुर भाए ॥
He dwells deep within the nucleus of each and every heart. This is my seat and my home. I walk in harmony with the Will of the True Guru.

सहजे आए हुकमि सिधाए नानक सदा रजाए ॥
I came from the Celestial Lord God; I go wherever He orders me to go. I am Nanak, forever under the Command of His Will.

I sit in the posture of the eternal, imperishable Lord. These are the Teachings I have received from the Guru.

As Gurmukh, I have come to understand and realize myself; I merge in the Truest of the True". ||3||

Guru Nanak explains : The Lord who is present in everyone’s heart, I have merged myself in Him. I (without any compulsion of Karmic bondage) have come into this world with the will of Lord to perform some assigned duty and will go back to the eternal Home as per His will. I am happy in the will of Lord. That Lord is eternal and His abode is eternal. The wisdom of path to Him is through the initiation of Satguru. One who understand His self through grace of His saints, merges into the true Word of the Lord.

आप समझाते हैं: जो प्रभु प्रत्येक ह्रदय में विराजमान है, हमने अपने-आपको उसमें लीन कर दिया है | हम सदा सतगुरु के भाणे (मौज या रज़ा) या उपदेश पर चलते हैं | हम (बिना किसी दबाब या बंधन के ) सहज रूप से संसार में आये हैं और प्रभु के हुक्म द्वारा सहज ही उसके पास वापस चले जायेंगे | हम सदा उस मालिक की रज़ा में खुश रहतें हैं | वह नारायण भी खुद निश्चल है और उसका आसन भी निश्चल है | प्रभुरुपी निश्चल सत्य की सूझ सतगुरु के उपदेश पर चलकर प्राप्त होती है | जो साधक गुरुमुखों की सहायता से अपने अस्तित्व को पहचान कर लेता है वह उस प्रभु रूपी सत्य में समा जाता है |

The reply given in third stanza advances the reply given in after the first stanza. Yogis ask about his name, residence etc. Guru Sahib replies that he considers his true identity as his soul. He does not consider this world as his true home but eternal abode of Lord (Satlok). In very subtle manner, he reveals his true identity and purpose of coming into this world. This gives a hint that Guru Sahib did not come in this world because of the bondage of karmas but came for fulfilling his divine duty as per the will of the Lord and will go back to his eternal home after completing his assignment.

तीसरी पौड़ी में प्राप्त गुरु साहिब का उत्तर पहली पौड़ी के बाद को रहाउ की पंक्तियों में प्रकट भाव को ही आगे बढ़ाता है | योगी गुरु साहिब से उनके नाम, गाँव आदि के बारे में पूछते हैं | गुरु साहिब उत्तर देते हैं: “ घटि घटि बैसि निरंतरि रहीऐ चालहि सतिगुर भाए ॥“ - कि आप अपना असली स्वरूप अपनी आत्मा को मानते हैं | इसी प्रकार आप मायामय संसार को नहीं, प्रभु के धाम को अपना वास्तविक निज घर स्वीकार करतें हैं | “सहजे आए हुकमि सिधाए नानक सदा रजाए ॥“ - गुरु साहिब बहुत सूक्ष्म ढंग से अपने वास्तविक रूप और संसार में आने के अपने असली मकसद की तरफ इशारा करतें हैं | इस कथन से संकेत मिलता है कि गुरु साहिब कर्मों से बंधे हुए इस संसार में नहीं आये परन्तु प्रभु के हुक्म से उनके द्वारा सौंपे हुए दिव्य कार्य की पूर्ति के लिए आये हैं और उस कार्य की पूर्ति के बाद अपने निज घर वापस चले जायेंगे |

He tells that his real location is in eternal Lord. This means that it he appears to be in body but his attention is in the realm of Lord. He has come to this world by the command of Lord to perform his assigned duty and will go back to Him by undergoing realization as per the command of Satguru. Guru Arjun Dev also says the same fact that saints come into this world by command of Lord for helping the souls to merge back into Lord by path of devotion and are not bound by cycle of burth and death.

आप कहतें हैं कि हमारा वास्तविक ठिकाना उस निश्चल प्रभु में है | मतलब ये है कि नि:संदेह देखने में तो हम शरीर में हैं पर हमारा ध्यान सदैव प्रभु में टिका रहता है | हम जिस प्रभु के भेजे हुए यहाँ आये हैं, उस द्वारा सौंपा हुआ कार्य करते हुए , सतगुरु के उपदेशानुसार अपने आत्मिक स्वरूप कि पहचान द्वारा, वापस उसमें ही समा जायेंगे | गुरु अर्जुन देव भी फरमाते हैं :

जन्म मरण दूहहु माह नाही जन परउपकारी आए ||
जीअ दान दे भगती लाइन हर सीउ लैन मिलाए ||

साधारण जीव कर्मों से बंधे हुए संसार में आतें हैं, लेकिन संत-सतगुरु प्रभु के हुक्म से दुसरे जीवों के कल्याण के लिए संसार में आतें हैं | वे जीव को प्रभु प्राप्ति का सच्चा मार्गदर्शन करके आवागमन के चक्कर से मुक्त कर देते हैं |

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM