• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
VaheguruSeekr said:
Is it important to have Guru Granth Sahib ji's Parkash at home?

If yes Why? if not why not?

Lets brainstorm on this one.

Peace & Love

Tejwant
Tejwant ji,

Since childhood, I was wondering what is the need of having Parkash at home. Considering the siginificance of Guru Granth Sahib ji at home, I will prefer to do so. Reason: 1. An expectation that home environment is better. 2. A rememberance of Him always, whenever you come across the room where Parkash takes place.

Other side of this is - Gurmat is achieved by His blessings and doing Gurubani vichar with sangat, which may not be done at home with limited number of members and perhaps with limited understanding too, living in their own shell. Seva bhav can be performed better at Gurudwaras.

With this unclear answer, anyway, I would prefer to have Guru Granth Sahib ji at home.

Sincerely.

Jun 1, 2004
Well, I have softcopy of Guru Granth Sahib Ji installed on computers at home and office. Doesnt that amounts to Prakash of Guruji ? Is there any set procedure to do the parkash ?

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
what i feel is that it sreading the Guru Granth Sahib ji or remembering, deliberating on the baani, and most important is the "dhaaran of Baani" in our day to day lives , rest all are minor details.

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Dear etinder Jee,

How to incorporate Gurbani in our lives, I have posted in my response to the post 'My understanding of 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th Pauri of Japji Sahib. This was in response to a posting of one of the member there on www.sgpc.net I you have time you can read it there.

With Love and Respect for all

Amarpal

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: