• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Dream Catchers

Nov 19, 2004
DREAM CATCHERS
By: Joseph J. Mazzella
dream_catcher_lg_nwm.gif
On the wall above my bed there are two very beautiful dream catchers that my wife bought. They are red and brown willow hoops decorated with feathers, horse hair, and beads. They have a wonderfully delicate, spider web design in the middle of them. At the very center of the web in the very middle of the dream catcher there is a round hole. The Native American Lakota Tribe believes that the dream catchers represent the web of life. Their people believe that hanging them above your bed or in your house will sift your dreams and visions. The good in your dreams will be caught in the web and carried with you, but the evil in your dreams will pass through the hole and no longer be a part of your life.
I enjoy looking at these lovely dream catchers, because they always remind me of what I want to do in my own life. I want to catch only the good within myself. I want to capture only the highest, wisest, best, most loving, most giving, and most joyous part of myself and let the rest fade away. I want to become the person that God meant for me to be and live the way that God meant for me to live. I want to become a wonderful part of the web of life and share only love and joy with others and the world.

The glorious truth is that you, I, and everyone else in this world can do this too. God loves us all so much and God gives us the strength and ability to become our highest selves. We can choose to be the person God meant for us to be. We can fill ourselves with love, joy, and light and then share them with the world. We can capture the angel within and allow the worst parts of ourselves to fade away. We can live as a true Child of God sending smiles, giving love, offering joy, scattering sunshine, and creating laughter wherever we go. We can catch the dream of the person we always wanted to be and make it a reality.

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
The problem is how do we do this? What is the inner self? At the moment i cant find it because i think the only way to forever be ur inner state is being pure, and truthful, but its hard, i dont know what god wants me to be? I dont even know what god is, infact i know god is everything, and this life is god exploring god self, but what am i suppose to belive in? What do i listen to? wHAT DO I FOLLOW???

its hard to actually laugh forever and be happy, there is no human being who is laughing the full 24-7. All ican think of is, everyone has different approaches to life and have their own set of questions to explore with god. But there will always be pressure, so why not just admit that its frustrating and also joyful. Its not allways going to be a happy life for some people. For me, life is frustrating, but also unque and exciting. There so many questions for me to explore, but what i have learnt is be yourself thats all. iVE TRIED SO MANY TIMES MEDITATING, IT DONT HELP, because i am not that pure. It depends on the person!

Like in life, there is nothing wrong and nothing bad. Something wrong would only be because we ourselves cant handle it or are not comfortable about it. There is nothing wrong at all in life. Religions are not wrong, crime is not wrong, nothing is wrong. We dont have experience of things. So when we say this religion is wrong, that religion is wrong, i dont think any thing is wrong because people have different tastes and i think life is more about individuality then group. This life is full of different views, because everyone is different. This life is too great, thats what life is all about, being different. If your a sikh go ahead and carry on, because your helping yourself really. Its good, everything depends on an individuals quest from god. We are all learning. For example, some people are confused about their religion or whether they are doing the right thing. The thing is we dont admit that we are scared of death or anything. If you are scared then be scared....just be it..its natural,,,maybe it will be good for you in your next life. Nothing in this world is wrong everything is divine plan. Dont give your 100% just to 'not be scared of death', thinking you can avoid it by becoming religious. REMEMBER THERE ARE ALWAYS A TIME AND PLACE FOR THINGS. Just be yourself and just keep carrying on in life. Dont worry about anything. Worrying isnatural, everything is true, and already divine. So be happy and just be truthful about yourself, dont always listen to things you hear, because it comes from individuals, that have different views then you. But life is great and wonderful so live it :D

we are still very confused about god. Infact nothing would work out if we say god exists and we still belive in it but still we become depressed of it. Peopel are different. I think everyone is the best and unique and everyone is as good as anything. Even if we are different. We say god exists because we want to survive, we dont take ourselves as something that is immortal. It depends what your looking for/ belive in to give u a feedback on what you get. For me, i personaly think its all about experience, and i just belive in the truth. Truth meaning everything is endless and unlimited and is one and is undescribable. Im happy with who i am, even if im not, i would get depressed...well that me alrite! Thts why i say god is the only thing that exists (TRUTH) and is exploring itself..truth is exploring truth's self. Its invisible because it is just too undescribable. We all have our own way of beliving things. At the moment, i admit, i dont know what god is, but the closest knowledge that i can get the truth is near death experiences which people have had. And they describe in being in a loving light. And i think that light is truth itself. Tht light is everything. The only thing that is and shall be. I think everything is truth (what we call god). And i admit, that i am scared of death and i can get angry at times. Everything is already perfect. So just carry on in life and be truthful as you can. It all depends on who you are, your spirituality wants love.! So be it..God truth self is all one!

No one is wrong. Everything that we belive in exists. People right now can say i am wrong, i wont mind, because people are different. We will always try ourbest to maintain our own thinking. And its natural, because we dont want to be dissapointed. It happens to me, we will always be thinkngi..but our human brains will never tell us what really exists, because we are limited. But every answers that religions have come into, the closest being sikhism, has given us ideas of what there is. Truth god self being....call it whatever i think its all that exists, the reality!

Last edited:

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
If someone was to choose a religion, i would indeed choose sikhism, because i think sikhism is the way to truth. Guru Nanak and the other Guru Ji's and Jesus are what i belive to have been the enlightened spirits that manifested in human form from many incarnations to teach people the truth. From our own thinking we have chosen to bring science into this life. This brings in philosophy, religion etc. But from the closest thing i have seen to be from the truth from god is infact he gurus and jesus!

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce03.html

Here is one site which gives examples.

Dec 8, 2005
I want to capture only the highest, wisest, best, most loving, most giving, and most joyous part of myself and let the rest fade away. I want to become the person that God meant for me to be and live the way that God meant for me to live. I want to become a wonderful part of the web of life and share only love and joy with others and the world.

DEAR
Anoopji

SSAKAL.

Very nobel thoughts.

Now please put your web on

1) A house in lebanon and let us see what it catches

2 ) Put it on a train in mumbai when blasts are on.

I had like to hear your reply of your web in these situation .

With live

hps62:cool:

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
I am wrong at times, and i know that lol, the thing is, i am a confused person, because i dont know if what im doing is right or wrong. We dont know death, but ofcourse their shouldnt be death where theres no point, because that is cruelty.

I dont know what to belive in...i dont know where god is...do i be myself? Because i think everything usually depends on the person. Do i be myself? Do i make illusions in my mind their is god. Its still ahrd for me to actually ebcome a sikh, because i feel as though im still not beliving god individualy. Everyones different. Everyone is unique and everyone jus tbe themselves. get on with life. Its actually hard for everyone to be pure. Im always thinknig about the things happening in lebanon, i always think to myself that i am thankful to god that i am not in there, and also pray for those who are there, but then again, i think everything is according to divine plan, soon it could be the dead may have grown in souls for their next life...who knows. Life is a challenge, but just be yourself, who you truly are.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM