• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurus Did'nt 6th Guru Betray His Father?

Amardeep

SPNer
Feb 12, 2006
Sath shri Akal Jee..

I was reading about the Guru's life and something "scared" me.
on a text about Shaheed Guru Arjan Dev Jee i read that it was Jahangir who tortured him to death, or atleast ordered the torturere to take place.

during the text of the next Guru, HarGobind Jee it says that Guru jee and
Jahangir went hunting toghether as friends..

isent this a betrayal and how could he become friends with the murderer of his father?

i found it on http://www.ektaone.com/sikhism.php

i hope not to offend anyone.

-Amardeep

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: did'd 6.th Guru Betray his Father?

Guru Ji is the GURU of ALL. He doesnt harbour feelings of "revenge, anger, enmity..etc etc for anyone.
Jehangir later on realised his mistake and released Guru hargobind Ji from Prison and that was enough for Guru ji to forgive him. Even the greatest of sinners when begs forgiveness..GETS forgiveness from GURU JI..becasue He is the Greatest FORGIVER.

After Aurengzeb beheaded Guru Teg bahadur Ji and had untold ENMITY with Guru Ji Gobind Singh Ji...later on when Aurengzeb felt sorry for his misdeeds and wanted to meet Guru ji toa sk for forgiveness. Unfortunately he dies before Guru ji could meet him. Then his son BAHADUR SHAH asked for GURU Ji's help..and Guru ji helped him regain aurengzeb's throne..

Again GURU JI shows He is for ALL MANKIND..and not an ordianry human like us to even think about revenge enmity anger krodh etc..

Jarnail Singh Gyani

Jul 13, 2004
Canada

Amardeep veer,
you may like to read more about Guru Hargobind and Painde Khan too.
Being Saint-Soldier is a fine balanced walk... as sharp as a sword.
Regards.

Amardeep

SPNer
Feb 12, 2006

i see..it makes sence..the Guru should also be beyond hatred, revenge etc.

i just thought it was weird that 6th Guru became friends with the murderer of his father.

im impressed and touched. realy nice to see this kind of forgiveness in practical terms, instead of in theory as all other religions does it.

Jul 30, 2004
world

Gurfateh

Tenth Master also did not have hatred towrads the Aurangzeb,who did caused his (Gurus) father matryerdom.

But same king also did enprision his own father.Jahangeer also did rebeled against his father.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

Tenth Master also did not have hatred towrads the Aurangzeb,who did caused his (Gurus) father matryerdom.

But same king also did enprision his own father.Jahangeer also did rebeled against his father.

Absolutely veer jio.
These Mighals were ordinary human beings..greedy and vain among other things. Shah Jehan as Imprisoend..and then BLINDED by Aurengzeb....who also killed ALL his brothers as well for the throne. His own daughter who was agreat poet and humanitarian was a priosner in his palace...BUT then he was also such a fanatic that he wrote Miniature KORANS to be sold in the market..and used those proceeds ONLY - NEVER took a cent from the State Treasury for his personal needs !!( Compare that to modern politicians like Badal who consume PUBLIC FUNDS like water is consumed by the desert sands..and who have NEVER spent a single cent from their own Kamaii !!) So there were some good points as well as bad about these mughal emperors..

GURU JI was therefore called the SACHA PATSHAH..He was for the MANKIND - Hindu and Muslim and Sikh.

Jarnail singh gayni

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006

Amardeep said:
i see..it makes sence..the Guru should also be beyond hatred, revenge etc.

And not just the Guru.

Everyone.

This is the ideal and happiest way to live. It's common sense (something that, surprisingly, really isn't all that common...:whisling:).

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: