• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Defining A Sikh - Important

Jun 1, 2004
DEFINING A SIKH

Prof Devinder Singh Chahal, PhD
Institute for Understanding Sikhism
4418 Martin-Plouffe, Laval, Quebec, Canada H7W 5L9

The original link posted in 2005 no longer works. I have attached the article in pdf format as written by Professor Devinder Singh Chahal. See the attachment.

Attachments

• definingASikh.pdf
    48.3 KB · Reads: 328
Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Professor Chahal's articles are nice to read, as those are with deep details and with analytical study from different resources.

SP ji, I see letters such as ‘Defining a Sikh’ ... what are those letters such as ’ (TM=trade-mark?). I am not sure, if some editing about this letter should be done, so that Professor's article sanctity remains intact.

Regards.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Defining a Sikh

Defining a Sikh..

That's a difficult task as definition leads to the destination- how a person has become a sikh- where becoming a sikh is always a work in progress.

One can define a 'Sikh' by his Bana but rehat can not be defined. As Sikhi is a journey only IK ONG KAAR knows which milestone each of us is at.

A sikh does not need any definition except being a SIKH, A SEEKER, A LEARNER. The definition isfor the outsiders who do not know what Sikhi is about.

Hence, It is possible to define SIKHI but not a SIKH.

Peace & Love

Tejwant

Aug 10, 2005
london
Re: Defining a Sikh :: Important

Tejwant Ji
I understand from your point that it is impossible to define a Sikh
but could you explain who is a Sikh as my Jewish friend always ask me this question, so how can I explain this to her as she visits Gurdwara with me for Simran in the early hours of the day
satsiriakal
kamaljit

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: