• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Deep Deep Undercover

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I have been deep deep deep undercover for what I am now told is 4, maybe 5 weeks, on Christmas eve, maybe something snapped, not sure what, I was just getting used to the isolation, the large slobbering dobermans, the peace, the quiet, the liberation from the Christmas rush, I have not bought a single present, nor a card, and have forgoton just how much Sian actually loves Christmas, but due to wanting to get our money straight, I suggested a while back that we cancel Christmas,

Around 3pm on Christmas eve, after finishing the last laptop for a young girl, whom I had promised would be ready for the day, I felt a relief, it was all finally over, this awful period that I have to put up with every year, when people go mad, and spend every penny on stuff they really really do not need, well, there was no way this year I was buying into all that, however Sians eyes told a different story, at that moment, when I got home, everything lifted, its strange, like putting on a fresh personality, I was back, I had gone nearly 3 months getting rid of everything that defined me, my food, the odd beer, the howling, the ridiculously high sex drive, I guess, as definitions go, I would like to have had a few that made me look something other than a sex crazed glutton that likes Land Rovers, but thats what I got, no point denying it,

I feel whole today, the sun is shining outside the shop, people are again in queues of cars, yesterday was very very pleasant, although the cooker decided to break in the middle of the turkey (reduced by 75%, haha who said we would not be able to buy one on Christmas Eve). but I grilled the veg, and the turkey was luckily cooked, I do always buy the dogs Xmas Stockings from the pet shop, so we watched the boys open them and then run around madly with the toys,

Cessation of anything in an effort to change age old habits is a fools game, without understanding yourself, and being able to figure whats going, why its going on, what to ignore, what to take on board, what to push, what to keep on the back burner, some might call it all common sense, I guess it is, but then Sikhism is a commen sense type of religion, type of way of life,

The puppies are getting more and more naughty, but none the less adorable, I have put up plastic sheets in front of the windows in their room, as they keep smashing panes of glass by headbutting them, I spent 2 days nailing, screwing secondary double glazing in, and finally, it looked great. Christmas morning, I came down to find it all ripped off, the leather sofa ripped up, the plastic in pieces all over the floor, except one rather large piece, which had they had both defacated on, as I walked in, they both sat down and grinned at me, Brans was a bit helpless, Rory made me do it, Rory was a bit more mocking, but then again I am not sure Bran is as pure as the driven snow. A few days ago, on a walk, in the dark, (they both wear flashing collars, red and white), Bran came running back to us with something dangling from his mouth, Sian took it and stated, uhmm its a rabbit, Is it still alive, I asked, well, its got no head, but its very warm, maybe Bran is the naughty one, someone must have just killed it, bitten its head off, but no, not my puppies, they are cute little puppies not bunny killers!

Sian wrestled it from Brans mouth, and gave it to me, I ran away, I did not want to be holding headless bunny, so she threw it, and 5 mins later, Bran reappeared with it, so this time, she wrestled it off him, and really threw it hard, over the fence of the field towards the dual carriageway that runs along side, in the pitch black, a headless bunny arced towards the sky, and unknown to us, landed straight on the windscreen of a BMW that happened to be tailgaiting another car, I heard a screech of brakes, some swearing, and then a few seconds later, headless bunny appeared in the sky and landed a few yards from us. The puppies looked at Sian, looked at me, looked at each other, and then ran for the bunny, whom was clearly destined never to leave the field.

I live in a madhouse..

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
After pondering this I conclude that you have validated your membership in The World of Everyone Else. Sometimes a bandwidth of moderate chaos is required to make the point.

The part about the cooker was confusing. Had you just purchased it at 75 percent off and then it broke? If yes, it probably won't have a warrantee. But it sounds like either the thermostat or the regulator blew, which you can fix, with directions on the Internet if you have the brand and model number. Sorry to be such a damp rag.

The leather sofa !!!! Oh s... !!!! They don't come cheap. Mine is now covered with a beige microfiber suede washable stretchable cover. It actually looks just fine. It has a tailored skirt all the way around and the pillow edges are even piped. And barfies are easy to clean up.

The bunny... luck ran out for the bunny ... and his passing lacked dignity and gravitas ... That part of the story proves that what goes around comes around as the BMW's owner demonstrated. A turkey buzzard had a nice holiday dinner and didn't even need to buy a cooker on Christmas eve.

We call them stoves, not cookers.
rofl.gif

Things are sounding good! I am glad for you.

p/s Would you clear up the part about the cooker? Did you buy a new one on Christmas eve after that one broke? Or was that the one cooker you had? Or was it Sian's gift? I become confused easily.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
moderate chaos is ok, its the full chaos that gets in the way!

ok, it was the turkey that we bought at 75% off, the cooker is old and has been dying for ages, it just christmas day to die completely, it just does not get very hot, it just dawdles at 100, ok, the leather sofa, what they have done is completely chew one of the arms, and strew the stuffing all around the living room, the sofas days are short, they have a taste for it, I got nothing, Sian got csi season 7 and 8,

things are good, thank you, I feel like I have just woken up, again,

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM