• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Day 0

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I had to let him out, madness was slowly taking over, so I threw him a bone, a small bone, how do I feel? whole, not mad, the hate is gone, the anger, the frustration, I never show it, so it builds up inside me like a pressure cooker, I had the best nights sleep in weeks last night, is one bone enough? it has to be, whether it actually is remains to be seen.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
*picks Harry up, dusts him off*

1. Willpower is like a muscle, the more you use it the stronger it'll get.

2. Do you have the moolah to buy a punching bag or something, and he physical health (with you heart and all) to use one? Maybe you need an outlet for your anger and frustration.

I think the Tao Te Ching might say, and Gurbani something similar, that you have to empty the cup of water before you can fill it with amrit. Sikhs of course seek to fill it with amrit to overflowing upon everyone, whereas the Taoists seek to keep it empty forever!
biggrin.gif

Either way, Harry's gotta empty his cup.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
hey sis, thanks for the input, my anger and frustration is quite strange, I rarely show it, even when it builds up, no one has really seen me angry, the worst I get is sarcastic and short, and even that is rare, I am so placid that when do get a bit short, it shocks people.

Today the anger is gone, as is the frustration, no more bones, let us see how long I get before I have to compromise again, there is a danger here of mixing a mental issue with a lifestyle one, and I am not sure which this is. roll on day 14 next time

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM