• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Dasam Granth Sahib

bopadum

SPNer
Jun 8, 2006
I live in everything
I have been reading the first half of the Dasam Granth (I have it in two volumes).

And was wondering what is the relevance of describing the battles that Chandi/Durga had to the granth?

(short answers only - will get back to you if I think I am interested in what you are saying)

I have my own idea but I maybe wrong.

Serious replies please - recently there is a lot of 'random-reactionary-egotistic-only I am right' posts going around which I will not even consider reading. So only reply if you can come across that you know what you are on about.

Also that you re-read your post for English Grammar and spelling mistakes.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
Dear Brother,

Sometime the stories about demigodess are there but most are there to rpove that those godess were juts inferior to our God Akal,Infact this was the way Guru wanted to attreact lower castes people who beheld Dravidian demigods or demigodess as thier worshipped gods that ture God is Akal.

In Guru Granth Sahib acts of Vaishnav or Islamic gods are attributed to ur God Akal.

Sufis also used similar thing to copnoverts Hindus to thier faith.

anyway if you read it as per tunes you may understand that these tunes are there to arise enthuiasim in us which re termed as Beer Rasa.There could be some more explantions also.But true Durga and Chandi is Akal.

bopadum

SPNer
Jun 8, 2006
I live in everything
I don't buy the fact that the Dassam Granth was written with these pieces just to 'attract' lower castes, this theory also doesn't fit with the stories actually written in the book as they are straight narratives.

I can see that Chandi/Durga are representations of Akal, but why go to great lengths (nearly half of my first volume) of battle after battle after battle?

Anyone else got any views as to why these stories are written?

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Friend

ACCORDING TO DAMDAMI TAKSAL

Dassam Granth Bani can classified in two parts
1) Starting with Sri Mukhvaak Pathshahi Dasvin : and indeed is gurbani as it included Jaap Sahib , Akal Ustat , Bachitar natak and may be more

2) Othe part includes naration by Guru JI regarding various Granths of the time which includes hindu Granths for the knowledge of sikhs , it includes Chobies avatar , Chritropakhiyan ,etc

If you want exact details here is the vedio link

http://www.gursikhijeevan.com/media/video/files/TaksalDasamGranth1.wmv

http://www.gursikhijeevan.com/media/video/files/TaksalDasamGranth2.wmv

http://www.gursikhijeevan.com/media/video/files/TaksalDasamGranth3.wmv

http://www.gursikhijeevan.com/media/video/files/TaksalDasamGranth4.wmv

I don't buy the fact that the Dassam Granth was written with these pieces just to 'attract' lower castes

What he meant to say is that the text was written so that peopel form these background can relate to it , as every body didnt had previlage at the time to become educated enough beyond their basic beliefs of Demigods/ISHT they carry.

Jatinder Singh

vipjas_27

SPNer
Jun 1, 2006
dear friends,
sat sri akal.
thanks for starting this new topic, BOPADUM,
because i am also very curious about the originality of the dasam granth. as i am reading now and then that it is very much adultrated and is not the original writings of guru gobind singh ji.
to support this i have read some text from gurbakhsh singh kala afghana's book.
i am very much interested to know that how much of you people find it topic to discuss. and i am also not sure about the truth, so please come with some explanations.
thanks

bopadum

SPNer
Jun 8, 2006
I live in everything
vipjas_27 said:
dear friends,
sat sri akal.
thanks for starting this new topic, BOPADUM,
because i am also very curious about the originality of the dasam granth. as i am reading now and then that it is very much adultrated and is not the original writings of guru gobind singh ji.
to support this i have read some text from gurbakhsh singh kala afghana's book.
i am very much interested to know that how much of you people find it topic to discuss. and i am also not sure about the truth, so please come with some explanations.
thanks

I have a version where the original writing in Gurmukhi is on one side and the english translation on the other. I can read Gurmukhi but don't neccessarily understand every word due to its old-world-language and my lack of knowledge.

I am not sure if the book has been 'edited' at all as my version says that some chapters may feel like they have just ended as the book was never completed it its entirity.

P.S. thanks to the man with the video links. Will try and watch them ASAP.

Then I will see if I understand why the book goes in to great detail about Chandi (I have nothing against this - just want to know the relevance).

I have not read all of the Granth yet. So I don't know if it refers to the Koran at all, which would probably make the 'relating-to-lower-caste-hindu' a more plausible argument.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Well about Kala Afghan Sahib das can recomend one thread das started in contraversial debate.

Koran is mentioned but not encourged in this Granth.

Das wants to bit elaborate Lower caste thing.

demigods of tribals are Mahakal and Kalika.They worship it with three Ms or Three Makkars ie Maas(Meat),Maithun(Sex) and Madeera(Wine).

Guru first proved that Devis is lady not the godess(First Charitat is Chandi Charitar in Troya Charitar) and insted of going in for pleasure lower caste must arise and throw away invaders and exploiting upper castes and demigodess and demigod becam,e symbol of fighting or bravey by mercy of Akal and one with Akal and nothing to do with thier worship with Tamisic or dark occult way.

bopadum

SPNer
Jun 8, 2006
I live in everything
vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

Well about Kala Afghan Sahib das can recomend one thread das started in contraversial debate.

Koran is mentioned but not encourged in this Granth.

Das wants to bit elaborate Lower caste thing.

demigods of tribals are Mahakal and Kalika.They worship it with three Ms or Three Makkars ie Maas(Meat),Maithun(Sex) and Madeera(Wine).

Guru first proved that Devis is lady not the godess(First Charitat is Chandi Charitar in Troya Charitar) and insted of going in for pleasure lower caste must arise and throw away invaders and exploiting upper castes and demigodess and demigod becam,e symbol of fighting or bravey by mercy of Akal and one with Akal and nothing to do with thier worship with Tamisic or dark occult way.

You don't half go off on one! I do wonder sometimes how you come up with this random stuff!

Dec 1, 2006
He comes up with random stff becuase that is his job and he has nothing better to do. He talks more randomness than someone with mental disabilities.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

He comes up with random stff becuase that is his job and he has nothing better to do. He talks more randomness than someone with mental disabilities.

Are you aware that some Brahmins and Anti Sikh guys called Guru with name.Guru said that he has became crazy of Lord and became insane.
Bhayya divana Sahu Ka Nanak Baruran.

Hau Har Bin avar Na Jana

Koi akhe Bhutna ,koi Betala
Koi Pukrae Admi Nanak Bechara.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Are you saying your at level of Guru? Are you next ashutosh? He is biharii too you know.
If someone is Khalsa then Khalsa should know that Tenth Master gave Khalsa Guruship as Guru Panth.Khalsa is from of Guru.

Das only to say that on the way in which First Master went people do call the followers of Path as insane.in Triya Chairtar 266,Panda,who trys to forces the princess,to worship stones,and she says that she will follow only Akal,He tells her that she is taking cannabis.she said that she with cannabis is better the non canabis takeing idolator.

She did not took anything but put idolator more fool then addict of Cannabis.

Das had a lteer from the follower of Asutosh Maharaj after das had a debate with him at tapoban.org.

Das proved that Asutos Maharaj also does great misinterpetaion of Gurbani and also From Darbar Sahib and Dasham Granth Sahib also.

Guru of Sikhs has nenver been Single Dehdhari but Akal only.

Date:Sat, 1 Jul 2006 01:42:37 -0700 (PDT)From:"vijaydeep Singh" <akalustatvijay@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert Subject:Re: ashutosh maharajiTo:"Harpreet Singh" ***********
YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = true;YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";YAHOO.Shortcuts.lang = "us";YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {lw_1167315461_0: {text: '**********,weight: 1,type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/email_address']},lw_1167315461_1: {text: '6472844277',weight: 1,type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/phone_number/us']}};YAHOO.Shortcuts.overlaySpaceId = "97546169";YAHOO.Shortcuts.hostSpaceId = "97546168";GurfatehBro,Das was waiting to have contact with you anywayyou asked for the referance about qoutes from scrptureabout faihtfull livng,So quote is as follows Haq Paraya Nanaka Us Suar UsGai ie taking the right of other is like beef forHindus and Pork for Muslims.Then cmoing to gyan side.Well our body and spirit areboth decayble things.Das is not an entity reamaing who needs anythingtouplift as God self has kept Das in best postion anddas can thank God only for that.gyan or body or spritwhich you think as Atama are not in control ofindividual,Some only know that and some realsie that.So if your Baba Asutosh needs salvation das welcomeshim to Gurmat.If he wants to see truth Akal can salvage him,but bywill of Akal only.Akal Sahaivd Singh--- Harpreet Singh ****** wrote:> Hi Vijaydeep paaji,> > sorry it took a while to answer to your last> response. Please dont make the > mistake to call me a sant or anything holy, i am> just like a normal person, > who was looking for peace, and i found it within> when guru maharaji showed > me to way to get into this sharire-harimandir. If> you want to know what gyan > is, to see that light within u, feel free to email> or call me ******.> > thanks> > harpreet>

[Mod Note: Deleted harpreet's email address as you have not indicated that you have permission from him to publish either his private email address (or his private email!) to you on the www for all to read]

sikh78910

SPNer
Oct 10, 2006
vijaydeep singh ji, if you would please stop saying DAS in ur posts they would be much easier to read. im sure i speak for everyone when i say that we all recognise that we are servants of Guruji, it is just confusing, especially to people that do not speak good punjabi and do not even recognise what the word DAS means.

thankyou for your time

regards,

Sikh.

sikh78910

SPNer
Oct 10, 2006
Vijaydeep Singh
Re: Dasam Granth Sahib
Gurfateh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Khalsa Fauj

Are you aware that some Brahmins and Anti Sikh guys called Guru with name.Guru said that he has became crazy of Lord and became insane

and may i please add that im sure that Guruji was not the only peson of his time to be called crazy, Im sure even our gurus recognised how crazy bramins and anti sikhs were.......and they cant be "crazy for the lords name." Quite the opposite in fact.........

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Reason for das's writing das as self and not I and me is that i and me can increaes ego.Das anyway does not speak very good Punjabi either.

Well reason for idiots calling Gurus name and still buy some hell worthy Arya Samajis is due to the fact that they deem others like what they themselves are.

Often when they are defeated in logic with Sikhs,they call namae with slander.Das is soory but even now people use term Kala,Kanjer and what all not for Respected S Gurbax Singh Ji Kala Afghana.May be abusers have such tarits within them.They should talk with logic To Sirdar Sahib Ji.

sikh78910

SPNer
Oct 10, 2006
Gurfateh

Reason for das's writing das as self and not I and me is that i and me can increaes ego.Das anyway does not speak very good Punjabi either.

Well reason for idiots calling Gurus name and still buy some hell worthy Arya Samajis is due to the fact that they deem others like what they themselves are.

Often when they are defeated in logic with Sikhs,they call namae with slander.Das is soory but even now people use term Kala,Kanjer and what all not for Respected S Gurbax Singh Ji Kala Afghana.May be abusers have such tarits within them.They should talk with logic To Sirdar Sahib Ji.

hello i just want o apologize for trying to impose my wishes on you, you should be allowed to write however u like on here, i was just finding it very difficult to read and it took me a long time to figure out what das meant! please overlook that comment, very sorry again, it was very unsikh of me!!!

also, i was reading from another thread about kala afghana- i cannot interpret what he says but i agree with what u say here 100%

In this Darkness missionaries like Kala Afghana and others mentioned above are fighting to remove the darkness by only one part of light called Guru Granth Sahib Ji but that part by itself is more then suffeicent to protect and defend Sikhi in Sikh Families

i only adhere the teachings of guru granth sahib and no other as i realise that it has been protected as guru all these centuries and is the only piece of writing that can have carried on the truth just as our living gurus did. i know that guru gobind singh said that all of the spirits of the 10 gurus would be where our guru gs is and i believe that it is all sikhs will ever need, just as the gurus were in their respective times. this rehat and codes and hindu worship texts cannot be trusted, they have clearly been meddled with if not completely written by god knows who.

i just hope that one day people see the evils of rituals for what they are and adhere only to the truth written in our ONE AND ONLY GURU and therefore most exaulted TEACHER. WHO IS EQUAL TO GURU NANAK DEV JI AND THE TEN GURUS. now id like to see someone say that the dassam granth and rehat maryada can compare to even a minisculke section of our great GURU (GRANTH SAHIB JI)

WAHEGURUJI AND MAY ITS BEAUTIFUL JOT AND SOULS OF THE TEN GURUS NEVER FADE.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: