• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World Damandeep Singh (New Delhi): Mr. Singh International 2009

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Mr Singh International

Damandeep Singh from New Delhi, holds his trophy after winning the grand finale of the Mr Singh International 2009 title in Amritsar on Saturday night. Contestants were chosen from different parts of India as well as from other nations. The selections were based strictly on Sikh principles and tenets. The rules demanded that the contestants be ‘Saabat Soorat Sikhs’ (those who do not trim their hair), he should maintain unshorn hair and beard and should not have consumed any kind of narcotic or drugs. Damandeep Singh was declared as Mr Singh International 2009 whereas Mandeep Singh from the United Kingdom and Talwinder Singh from Italy were declared the first and second runners-up respectively

Delhi’s Damandeep Singh bagged the title of Mr Singh International at the grand finale of the contest held at the Khalsa College ground late Saturday night. Mandeep Singh from UK was declared the first runner-up, while Talwinder Singh was the second runner-up. The contest, organised by a voluntary organisation Akal Purakh ki Fauj (APKF), was exclusively for the sabat surat Sikhs (Sikhs with unshorn hair).

Senior Akali leader Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa and SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar were present at the final show, along with actor Neil Nitin Mukesh. The theme of the show was environmental protection as enshrined in Sikh philosophy, and how the youth should join hands to safeguard the earth.

Singer Rabbi Shergill performed at the finale, attended by a huge crowd.

Both Dhindsa and Makkar appreciated the APKF for organising the event which could help dissuade the Sikh youth from giving up the turban and trimming their hair.

Attachments

• damandeep_singh_mr_singh_international.jpg
    damandeep_singh_mr_singh_international.jpg
    9.4 KB · Reads: 915
  • damandeep_singh_mr_singh_international01.jpg
    damandeep_singh_mr_singh_international01.jpg
    17.9 KB · Reads: 932

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I could be wrong, but should it not be 2010. There is already a 2009 winner. Maybe someone can figure it out. When you do, I will edit the thread title. :whisling::D:cool:

Title corrected. Thanks for the information, Damandeep! And thanks Aman ji for adding more information to the OP as it came in through the news networks!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Fateh ji!

What can I say? -- You are an SPN member? -- and You are the Winner!

Congratulations :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

And you are so modest!

Thanks for being a member of our team. :happy:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Wow! Damandeep! Congrats!! and its our privilege to find you here at SPN!! :welcome: we would surely love to see more of your images in this contest. :up: You would like to email the snaps to admin@sikhphilosophy.net!!

Once agains many many congratulations and its time for celebrations!! :wah:

Aman
:happysingh:

Damandeep

SPNer
Nov 30, 2009
Thanks everyone.......
Please give me each n every updates of our religion.....
Lemme know if to i can help anywhere.....
I would love to help where ever i can promote our sikhism and make it the flourish in the world.....
Please be in touch....
Take care......
Gurfateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM