• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurus Couple Of Questions

Malcolm99

SPNer
Nov 21, 2006
Latley ive been reading up on the Sikhism religion and have found it very interesting. I have had a coule of questions that i have not understood yet, I have read up on alot about the sikhism religion and wanted to know the answeres to these questions.

1. Where is destiny?
2. What should we be doing on earth?
3. What is salvation in the sikhism religion?
4. What is the ultimate reality?

So far i have found that sikhism is a very interesting religion that i would like to know more about. Thanks for your help, happy posting:)

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
1. Where is destiny?

Oneness with God..Akal Purakh

2. What should we be doing on earth?

What we are all destined to do. We all come with a purpose. On material front...it is what we make of ourselves...and on spiritual front...to seek one ness with God.

3. What is salvation in the sikhism religion?

There is no salvation on condemnation... att souls move towards oneness with God...much like the slowly contracting black hole... some at slow pace..so fast...

so no heaven ..no hell...

4. What is the ultimate reality?

the mool mantar expresses the Ultimate reality...

One God. Truth is His name. Creative Being Personified. Without Fear. Without Malice. Image Of The Eternal, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace
The English translation uses 'He' when referring to God. Sikhism does not recognise God as being of either sex and the original Punjabi version reflects this by being without gender.

Here in my view Guru's grace doesnot mean a human Guru..it means God's own grace.

egyptian

SPNer
Dec 17, 2006
My two bits here
Sikhisim says Do not Believe in destiny. Make your own furure.
On this earth we should be doing what is good. Example, if you are an engineer, you should do your engineering work sincerely and not keep sitting in a temple for ur life

Ultimate reality is the Allmighty. some say its Death.

Salvation is again found in doing your work all your life with good spirit. You will achieve salvation!!

Perdip

SPNer
Jan 7, 2007
My two bits here
Sikhisim says Do not Believe in destiny. Make your own furure.
On this earth we should be doing what is good. Example, if you are an engineer, you should do your engineering work sincerely and not keep sitting in a temple for ur life

Ultimate reality is the Allmighty. some say its Death.

Salvation is again found in doing your work all your life with good spirit. You will achieve salvation!!

Sat Sri Akaal (True is the Lord) Egyptian

Ultimate reality is the Almighty as well as death. Guru Ji has told us never to forget death and to do good righteous deeds so God may be pleased with us. In regards to working, Even Gruru Ji did farming for a short while as well as working in a stall and miracles took place to make history for those who believe to increase in faith(I'm sure the more literate and intellectual on this site will find links/info. for you). Whatever we do in life we should do it to the best of our ability, whether it is work, selfless service, fulfilling your obligations (father, son, mother, daughter etc). GGS Ji tells us that we are no more than mere puppets and we have no control, even though we may think we do. Everything is on the hands of the One God and we perform our duties as per Gods Will... God makes some realise the Truth whilst letting many go astray. Guru Ji's instructions were to remember God regardless of what we are doing, therefor fulfilling our obligations in this world as well as spiritually being attached to the inner service to God. Guru Ji said we should offer selfless service to humanity, which is the outer service to God, remain humble and accept this life to be false (illusion) but Gods creation to be True, this can only be understood with God's Blessings and ambrosial glance. We should not sit in the Temple for the whole of our life but we should make time to sit in the company of the true sanghat (those who remember God) and offer selfless service in the temple (cooking/serving food in the free kitchen, cleaning the Gurdwara premises). Another imortant factor is to share a protion of what God is given to you with those who need it. Whatever you do in life should be solely for the purpose of seeking God's pleasure, i.e. working so we can feed our family and provide roof over family, teaching our children that we should be thankful to God regardless and seek forgiveness and worship, praise and remember One God only and thank God for sending Guru Ji whose message we follow that will lead to salvation with God, serve our parents sincerely and with humility, look after your body and do not intoxicate it as it belongs to God and it is where the Name will can be reside.

Read the Guru Granth Sahib Ji Siri Guru Granth Sahib - The Living Guru of the Sikhs and enjoy the spiritual bliss.

God forgive me if I have said anything tha is incorrect and Guide us all to the Truth.

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji ke phateh (pure is the Lord and all that belongs to God and all glory and victory belongs to God and non other - correct me if I'm wrong in this definition). Peace.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM