• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Christian Watch

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I came accross this strange site, but it had some interesting stories, particularly the one about the funeral:

Christian Punjabis try to convert Sikhs during funeral service! Christian Terror and Aggression in India

Posted March 4, 2004
San Jose, Feb. 29, 2004
The American GI Forum Hall was packed with hundreds of mourners as members of the huge Sikh community of the Bay Area gathered for the funeral service of Hari Singh and Satnam Singh, two of the three people, who were killed by a gunman in a high-profile attack the previous Sunday. Speaker after speaker came up to address the grieved for their lost loved ones and prayed for their families.
However, members of Indian Christians United (ICU) took this advantage of the Sikh community in mourning as an opportunity to convert them. Brother Younis Masih and two other Punjabi converts walked on top the stage and announced they would be playing a gospel song. Younis then walked to his harmonium, one sat down with a tabla, and the third held a Bible.
In the following minutes, the Christian converts inappropriately began singing to Christian songs, preaching the virtues of Christianity over Sikhism and read two passages from the Bible. Younis spoke in fluent Punjabi in an attempt to convert as many Sikhs as possible.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
randip singh ji

I hope that this article helps clarify why I may be so unyielding about proselytizing on the threads here at SPN. Thanks for this article. It makes a clear point.

prabhsmart

SPNer
Jan 22, 2009
Mumbai
I don't know what these people want. just convert people any way and what about meeting God or taking a person a step closer to God. oh! they don't care about that. its about numbers, which organisation convert how many. for me the best thing that u can do is making aperson beleive in God, taking a step closure to him. i had a friend, she didn't beleived in God. i made her beleive in him and now she feel God as close as i feel mine. She is not sikh and i never wanted to convert her, i just wanted her to feel God and that should be everyones objective.:}{}{}:

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Blooody scums. They should have been kicked out when they started prostituting themselves in the name of their belief system. Ingrato imbeciles!

I don't feel angry at them, but feel sorry that they have to go to such desperate measures. Clearly these converts need some sort of help in their own right if they cannot tell the difference between decent behaviour and indecent behaviour. The line between respectful and being disrespectful. Christians always say they are tolerant. I do not see this behaviour as being tolerant.

I was originally interested in this, due to the fact such a web site actually existed. I was more surprised that people were so concerned about Christians in India.

KulwantK

SPNer
Oct 31, 2007
Actually, there may be some events happening in the next few months that will set many Christians on edge when various facts about the Vatican are revealed. Many
may have a crisis of faith. Let us pray for them. Wahe Guru!

obidiah

SPNer
Jul 30, 2009
The original text in now written in arial font: Original message by obidayah ji: Rarely am I shocked at the actions of people, especially at a funeral. That is one reason why I try to avoid them. Birth and Death are big money makers here in the USA.

obidayah ji -- I have taken the liberty of changing your message from Gurbani Lipi font to the arial font. As you and I can see the message was written in English to begin with. Please be warned, and do not do this again. Narayanjot Kaur

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
All jis
One of the reasons that I left the 'Church' to become a Dharma Practitioner (I'm hovering somewhere between Tibetan Buddhism and Sikhism, at the moment) was the mean-spirited arrogance of said Chruch, that became, as I grew up and learned more and more about history, ever clearer to me; which is why these people have to try so hard to convert people.
They have nothing Real to offer - no Light to show the way; and, thus, no one would actually want to become one of them, simply through the act of observing what it is that they are.
The Dharma - in all the ways that it is defined, taught, and incorporated into ones beliefs and practices - is, very, ver LOVELY!:happy:
No 'presuasion' - no 'evangelicizing' required!
If you'd like to learn more about Catholicism from my own POV, read the Book I'm reading now: Giordano Bruno-Philosopher/Heretic.
I think I must have been Bruno, in one of my past lives; the onje that ended when he (I?) was burned alive at the stake.:down:
Remind then of THAT practice, the next time the defile your Ceremony! Remind them of how people just like them, made Guru Arjan suffer so!:yes:

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
All jis
One of the reasons that I left the 'Church' to become a Dharma Practitioner (I'm hovering somewhere between Tibetan Buddhism and Sikhism, at the moment) was the mean-spirited arrogance of said Chruch, that became, as I grew up and learned more and more about history, ever clearer to me; which is why these people have to try so hard to convert people.
They have nothing Real to offer - no Light to show the way; and, thus, no one would actually want to become one of them, simply through the act of observing what it is that they are.
The Dharma - in all the ways that it is defined, taught, and incorporated into ones beliefs and practices - is, very, ver LOVELY!:happy:
No 'presuasion' - no 'evangelicizing' required!
If you'd like to learn more about Catholicism from my own POV, read the Book I'm reading now: Giordano Bruno-Philosopher/Heretic.
I think I must have been Bruno, in one of my past lives; the onje that ended when he (I?) was burned alive at the stake.:down:
Remind then of THAT practice, the next time the defile your Ceremony! Remind them of how people just like them, made Guru Arjan suffer so!:yes:

Unfortunately even in Dharama we have our fare share of loony tunes, To be fair, none of them are loony in order to convert others though.

Sikhs are specifically forbidden from going around and converting.

May 14, 2008
Thats interesting that Sikhs are forbidden to convert others. If i was there and i was a Sikh I would have asked the missionaries if they could not politicize the moment and let the sikhs conduct the ceremony according to the tradtion. But i would also invite the Christians to host a lively debate between a Sikh and Christian scholar at later date. But yea a funeral is a little in appropriate

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sage ji

I am a bit confused and at the same time really do want to understand your comment. What do you mean by "politicize the moment?" My limited experience tells me that Sikhs rarely "debate" religious ideals and principles with members of other organized religions -- except on Internet forums. Outside of the cyber context, Sikhs will discuss religious ideals at Interfaith conferences, but are disinclined to participate in formal inter-religious debates. We will and do organize advocacy and protest when Sikh ideals are attacked but we don't proselytize, and we don't offer justifications for our Sikhism in pubic venues. And I am not sure why we should. So help with your meaning of "politicize the moment." Thanks.

Vikram singh

SPNer
Feb 24, 2005
One British scholar said

"If one were to take the bible seriously one would go mad. But to take the bible seriously, one must be already mad."

Organized Religion is like Organized Crime; it preys on peoples’ weakness, generates huge profits for its operators, and is almost impossible to eradicate

Christianity is a million dollar bussiness The missionary zeal has been to convert by giving the most lurid accounts in the West to raise money for financing their activities. It costs $145 billion dollars a year to operate global Christianity,

A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.

[/FONT]

Aug 17, 2009
Please go through this website : www.southasianconnection.com/

Pritam Singh Sandhu

2f5c4894e3402a2461f540d1084fb9b6.jpg
Pastor Pritam Singh Sandhu is a Punjabi Christian and live in Singapore. He is the founder of South Asian Connection South Asian Connection - Portal for South Asian Christians and lead Pastor of South Asian International Fellowship South Asian International Fellowship - a multicultural church reaching out to the South Asian community in Singapore.

Pastor Pritam Singh Sandhu is also the International Coordinator for the South Asian Global Convention SAGC 2009 - South Asian Global Convention - an International Gathering for South Asian Christian Youth and Young Adults for Mission Mobilization. He has served as the Youth Pastor/ Leader of Khush Khabri Fellowship in Singapore [1996-2000, 2005-2007] and Youth Pastor at the International Punjabi Masihi Church in Vancouver, Canada [2000-2005].

He was a former Sikh-Christian now, a dreamer, a visionary leader and a risk-taker in God's Kingdom. He is passionate about young people and mentoring the Next Generation of South Asian leaders. He is also interested in networking among churches and engaging the cultures.

Pastor Pritam Singh Sandhu was a Biology and Chemistry teacher at Bukit View Secondary School and Vice-Principal at BMC Training Institute, a private education school in Singapore. He holds a Bachelor of Science [Biology] from the National University of Singapore, a Post-Graduate Diploma in Education [Distinctions] from Nanyang Technological University, a Certificate in Christian Ministry from the Asian Christian Training School in Malaysia and a Masters of Applied Theology from Regent College in Vancouver, Canada.

He has two children - Sujaan Kaur Sandhu [born 21/06/04] and Saajan Singh Sandhu [born 04/01/09], and is married to Dr. Balbir Kaur Chaal, a UK-born Punjabi Christian and Cambridge University educated molecular biologist

I Am A Young, Educated Punjabi Woman And I Desire To Be God's Vessel of Honor

• <LI class=Author>By Navjeet Kaur <LI class=Time>Published 03/9/2009 <LI class=Categ>My Story
  • Rating:
    blueRatingFull.gif
    blueRatingFull.gif
    blueRatingFull.gif
    blueRatingFull.gif
    blueRatingEmpty.gif
    Unrated
Navjeet Kaur

821c34788908904537e60d3a44ce3dd7.png
Navjeet Kaur comes from a staunch Jatt Sikh family. She has a Master degree in Punjabi Literature and has just graduated with a Bachelor of Theology degree from Chandigarth Bible College. Navjeet Kaur has a desire to open a church proclaiming the power of the gospel for the salvation of all people.Â
View all articles by Navjeet Kaur

I Will Serve God All The Days Of My Life My name is Navjeet Kaur. I was born in a Jatt Sikh family. My father is a farmer.

Four years ago my family accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. Before coming to Christ, we were Sikhs. Since childhood my family had faithfully practised the Sikh faith. We performed all kinds of rituals to achieve peace of mind, but to no avail. Our problems never vanished instead they doubled.

There was strife and discord in the family. This disharmony and stress had led me to contemplate suicide. I was troubled – mentally, physically and spiritually. My parents’ health was deteriorating at this point. My parents had exhausted their savings on medical fees, but the doctors had no solution to my parents’ ailments. We prayed to the gurus and did service at the Sikh temples in an effort to cure my parents. When that failed we decided to invoke the Hindu gods and goddesses. At this stage we were making offerings to Shiva. We were also referred to witch doctors. Money was wasted but we were not liberated from our problems.

We were disillusioned and thought that God did not exist. Surely if He did, He would have cured my parents. Then came the Light in the bleak darkness. One day my maternal grandmother came for a short visit to our home and encouraged us to attend a Christian meeting in our hometown. My grandmother is a Radhaswami.

Reluctantly, we went to the meeting. The Pastor at the meeting prayed for my parents. That night my parents experienced peace they had never felt before. They shared this experience with me. I wanted to know this God, who actually listened and delivered my parents. That night, for the first time in my life, I prayed to Jesus. I felt His presence and heard Him tell me that all will be well. Jesus promised to remove every evil presence from my home and the lives of my family.

That was the first time I had felt peace. My family started attending church. When we were in the condition of hopelessness God opened the door for us to come into the saving knowledge and grace of Lord Jesus. In the year 2004 my entire family received Christ Jesus as our personal Lord and Saviour. I was hungry for the things of God. I purposed to study the Word of God and get closer to Him. I enrolled in Bible College.

I praise and thank God that He delivered and saved us. I have the burden to share the love of God with my own people, especially those who are not yet in Christ. This is my commitment that throughout my life I will serve Him and proclaim His gospel to the ends of the world.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
faujasingh ji

I think we need some words from you on the purpose of posting this information about Christians from a Christian web site. Otherwise it looks like an advertisement to join up.What is your personal thinking about this information?

Aug 17, 2009
Personal thinking is, i am adding one more website which is equally 'strange' and just want people to take a look to the extent of changes taking place in the world. GOOD for some and BAD for some of us !

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Some people join Sikhism, Some People Leave Sikhism... sounds fair enough, personal thinking... People joining have a new Sikhi Name, But why People Leaving Sikhism do not change their Sikhi Name... Sounds a conspiracy theory... :advocate: i have never heard of a Sikh convert telling lies so shamelessly against their leftover religion... but rather these converted people have risen and spread their good qualities and deeds.

Who is Manjit Kaur or Pritan Singh Sidhu? Never heard of them before... I wonder how much money was fed into their mouths just to convert and then propagate their falsehood... sounds a pure dirty missionary work... :rofl!!:

Aug 17, 2009
what i heard is, years back i met this guy while i was studying. He was a neo convert from a tamil hindu background his name was Essikappa Rajamani, he is now Robert after he got baptised from a protestant church. He extensively works among slum dewellers and is on a conversion spree. He has been getting incentives for every person he converts.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: